PDA

View Full Version : Fex's and Stealers oh my

Necromancer2
12-03-2009, 20:07
I've played a pure Stealer list for a while... actually since the addition of the Brood Lord! (I'm waiting for the Stealer Cult to become official :evilgrin:)

anyway... I was thinking of adding some gun-fex's or dakka to my list. 1) It would help me with some Anti-tank 2) would draw a lot of fire. (or do people ignore them to shoot my troops?)

So, Is it really Un-fluffy for Genestealers to have Carni's in their arsenal?

I thought Stealers could semi-think independantly from the Hive-mind and would be capable of having lets say, a chained up Fex or something.

I don't mind the limited tactics I have now... it's pretty much do or die... But I love my Stealers!!!!

Captain Micha
12-03-2009, 20:11
The Fex could be the shock wave of a Invasion force after the Cult called down the Hive Fleet.

Read the assault Fex fluff (if they still sell that bundle)

Johnnyfrej
12-03-2009, 20:16
How about Zoanthropes? You can convert them to look like the Genestealer Magus. Carnifex's can be converted to look like oversized Genestealers or perhaps the Genestealers impregged some sort of large animal and it's offspring are Carnifex-like?

Vepr
12-03-2009, 20:46
I've played a pure Stealer list for a while... actually since the addition of the Brood Lord! (I'm waiting for the Stealer Cult to become official :evilgrin:)

anyway... I was thinking of adding some gun-fex's or dakka to my list. 1) It would help me with some Anti-tank 2) would draw a lot of fire. (or do people ignore them to shoot my troops?)

So, Is it really Un-fluffy for Genestealers to have Carni's in their arsenal?

I thought Stealers could semi-think independantly from the Hive-mind and would be capable of having lets say, a chained up Fex or something.

I don't mind the limited tactics I have now... it's pretty much do or die... But I love my Stealers!!!!

I think it is hard to be unfluffy with nids because they adapt their broods on the fly as needed to the obstacles they are facing. Genestealers preinvasion spring their trap and run into armor? Send in the something with more power. It makes sense that they hive mind would send fexes and thropes

stainawarjar
12-03-2009, 20:50
or perhaps the Genestealers impregged some sore of large animal and it's offspring are Carnifex-like?

Stop putting bad images in my head!

Gazak Blacktoof
12-03-2009, 23:59
perhaps the Genestealers impregged some sore of large animal and it's offspring are Carnifex-like?

That's what I'd go for if you want to maintain a themed list. You could also have a big bloated patriarch instead of a hive tyrant.

Hicks
13-03-2009, 00:59
Nothing wrong with using a fex with stealers, why would they chain a fex anyway?

Necromancer2
18-03-2009, 17:25
So what kind of fexes should I put in my list? I have just over 1000pts of stealers. (no upgrades.. numbers are better) So I need another 900 + points.

Hicks
18-03-2009, 17:31
I'd say 3 dakka fexes and 2 barbed strangler/talons fexes with all the defensive upgrades possible. But I would avise you to take a dakka tyrant instead of on of the dakka fexes.

zoggin-eck
20-03-2009, 12:33
For me, a carnifex or anything un-genestealer, humam or beastmen in a list is un-fluffy.

Using the carnifex rules for a cool monster might be fun, but I really wouldn't add a carnifex model to my own cult army.

Even modeling up a sentinel/robot/dread model to use might make sence.

As mentioned, a magus would make a sweet zoanthrope stand in, and maybe termagants as hybrids (I would purposely not use the fleet rule though)

demicanadian
20-03-2009, 14:35
Although Zoanthropes are kind of asking to be instakilled without synapse, you don't need to even buy them synapse if you really didn't want to since you wouldn't have other models that needed synapse. X(Maybe you could convert Warriors into Broodlord juniors/big Genestealers if you wanted synapse for the Magi plus a mini choir)

Some of the WH Fantasy Vampire Counts could become Magi fairly easily.

The only thing is that Zoanthropes have a bigger base, and Magi probably fit on the standard 20mm base (or whatever size the trooper base is).

EDIT: and a Sentinel for a Carni? How about building a Cultist Limousine with guns sticking out of the top? Now there's a proper Genestealer Cult gun platform.