PDA

View Full Version : Quick Land Raider Question

Noserenda
13-03-2009, 03:17
Simple one really, how do the Imperial and Chaos Land Raider kits vary in contents?

Afaik the Chaos one is basically the same tank but with the Chaos vehicle sprue tossed in.

I ask as im planning on knocking up a couple of Heresy Era Land Raiders, and could do with the Combi Bolters and Mk5 head, but dont want to lose anything vital to making a loyalist tank!

wolvenblade
13-03-2009, 03:20
same stuff but the sprue.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
13-03-2009, 05:05
So then, why does anyone buy the Loyalist one?

Giganthrax
13-03-2009, 05:07
So then, why does anyone buy the Loyalist one?
It's a question for the ages.

Not only land raiders either. I know for sure chaos rhinos packages are also loyalist rhinos with chaos upgrade sprue added in. They even have that imperial eagle symbol included.

CushionRide
13-03-2009, 05:09
one word...... SPIKES!

Lord Humongous
13-03-2009, 06:07
You do get an accessory sprue with the loyalist rhino / pred that you do not get with the chaos one, and I think its the same for the Land raider. Its the sprue that has the dozer blade on it; chaos doesn't get a dozer blade as such, just some nasty looking hedgerow cutters.

Thoth62
13-03-2009, 06:18
Although I thought the loyalist landraider now also came with sprues for both the crusader and redeemer variants... Am I off base here?

StormWulfen
13-03-2009, 08:33
space marines dont get a dozer blade in their sprue any more thats gaurd

also i dont think there is a mk5 head in the chaos sprue either

stainawarjar
13-03-2009, 09:36
Although I thought the loyalist landraider now also came with sprues for both the crusader and redeemer variants... Am I off base here?

That's a separate variety with crusader and redeemer sprues.

Chimera
13-03-2009, 12:10
There are 3 Land Raider box sets:

Chaos Land Raider - Tank, Weapons Sprue, Chaos Accessories
SM Land Raider - Tank, Weapons Sprue, Imperial Accessories
SM Crusader/Redeemer - Tank, Crusader/Redeemer Weapons Sprue, Imperial Accessories.

There ya go :)

If you can find a Terminus box from Apocalypse, get that one, you have extra sprues in there with Predator sponsons and Razorback turret parts.

Noserenda
13-03-2009, 14:38
Cool, cheers for the help guys. Chaos Land Raider it is... :D

The Song of Spears
13-03-2009, 18:08
Simple one really, how do the Imperial and Chaos Land Raider kits vary in contents?

Afaik the Chaos one is basically the same tank but with the Chaos vehicle sprue tossed in.

I ask as im planning on knocking up a couple of Heresy Era Land Raiders, and could do with the Combi Bolters and Mk5 head, but dont want to lose anything vital to making a loyalist tank!

:wtf: :p

Lord Inquisitor
13-03-2009, 18:11
Perhaps a plan to get lots of little Land Raiders to play Epic with?

Noserenda - there is a difference before you run out to get a Chaos Land Raider - as others have pointed out, the Chaos kit includes the Chaos accessory sprue rather than the Imperial one. This means you'll have combi-bolters rather than stormbolters (actually probably in-character for a Heresy-era Land Raider since stormbolters weren't invented yet) but it will also have hatches with Chaos symbols on them, etc.

Rirekon
13-03-2009, 18:13
:wtf: :p

I don't get the joke...

Trench_Raider
13-03-2009, 20:12
The problem is that heresy era land raiders look like this:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2029landraider-h.htm

TR

ctsteel
13-03-2009, 22:31
Unless you use the Forgeworld Pre Heresy Land Raider (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/phlandraider.htm) pattern

stainawarjar
13-03-2009, 23:46
I don't get the joke...

I hope he at least buys them dinner first.

chromedog
14-03-2009, 00:36
I don't get the joke...

He used the expression "knocking up".

For non-english people, this can be used to mean "make pregnant". The verb "knock" is also used in "knock/ing shop" (a brothel).

See also: Up the duff. Duffer. Duffed up.

:D

Noserenda
14-03-2009, 04:26
hehe, true! Hadnt thought of that at the time...

As for Authentic Heresy land Raiders, id love to use the Forgeworld kit, but im only a poor LGS owner! Forgeworld gets plenty of money off me for my infantry :D And frankly, the idea that Rogue Trader = Heresy is nonsense, not to mention buying 4 Old style land raiders would probably have my bank balance crying for Forgeworld! :evilgrin:

Sir_Turalyon
14-03-2009, 17:14
... Except most of pre-heresy designs are openly based on RT imaginery. RT Land Rider in particular was described (in Imperial Armour book?) as early LR model predating Terminator armour and with poor Terminator transport capabality, being already phased out before Heresy in favour of new, Terminator-friendly pattern.