PDA

View Full Version : Lapping around when defending an Obstacle

McMullet
11-12-2005, 15:55
This came up in a game we had on Friday night; some Zombies and Skeletons were sat behind a wall, and got charged by a unit of Jungle Swarms. Now, the swarms were never going to win the combat, so I expected them to be hitting on 6s until they all died. However, my opponent then decided to lap around, as he was rather unhappy about the two units being tied up for umpteen turns. I suggested that these models were no longer behing the obstacle, and could thus be attacked normally.

We had a quick think about it, I offered to roll a D6 for it but my opponent agreed that they were not behind the obstacle and I could hit them on 3s instead (not that it did me much good :p). I don't think I've read any FAQs on this, and we couldn't find anything in the BRB - does anyone know of anything official, and do you think we made the right decision?

Tarax
11-12-2005, 19:11
I think this rule only applies against models actually behind an obstacle. So if you are in combat with models both behind an obstacle and not, you have to roll them seperately.

NakedFisherman
11-12-2005, 20:08
I think this rule only applies against models actually behind an obstacle. So if you are in combat with models both behind an obstacle and not, you have to roll them seperately.

I concur with this.

Mad Makz
12-12-2005, 04:41
Yep, if the skeletons moved around the obstacle by lapping around, they'd be fear game for the swarms to hit normally.

Festus
12-12-2005, 09:02
Hi

Just for completion's sake: I second this opinion.

Greetings
Festus

McMullet
12-12-2005, 09:17
Cheers muchly gentlemen, that is how we played it. Thanks for your agreement! :)