PDA

View Full Version : Novelty Overkill!

Popsical
13-03-2009, 13:53
My previous group had a couple of players that as soon as a new release came out that looked good or played good, they would buy it not once but several times! For example i own Inquisition and this includes guard and a few marines (not many not a big fan) when the valkirie comes out i know for a fact that these players are going to equip every unit they can with them lol (that number being nearly double figures for each).
This happened with the drop pod, and as for the number of Tzeentch flamers! lmao.
Does anyone else find this kind of behaviour robbing them of any sense of novelty or individuality?
Those players that have to own everything thats good just to make sure that they aren't missing out?

They drive me nuts :)

Korras
13-03-2009, 14:32
they might drive you nuts.. but they also pump money into GW that can be used to develop new awesome stuff.

imagine what will happen if the Thunderhawk does come out. ;)

nagash66
13-03-2009, 14:41
I felt a great disturbance in the force , did someone mention the Thunderhawk!?!?

kurac
13-03-2009, 14:43
imagine what will happen if the Thunderhawk does come out. ;)

You'll buy it!

Marshal Sinclair
13-03-2009, 15:04
I don't see what the problem is.

Johnnyfrej
13-03-2009, 15:08
So your friends jump on the bandwagon whenever something new and shiny comes out, what of it? Lots of people do it. Why do you think in 4th ed. almost every Chaos army was Iron Warriors with 9 Obliterators and 4 Basilisks?

Kurisu313
13-03-2009, 15:17
I'll be getting at least 3 valkyries, but then I already have 10k of guard. There isn't anything for me to buy but the new stuff! :P

Boss Kopstud
13-03-2009, 15:28
So your friends jump on the bandwagon whenever something new and shiny comes out, what of it? Lots of people do it. Why do you think in 4th ed. almost every Chaos army was Iron Warriors with 9 Obliterators and 4 Basilisks?

Because they "only play fluffy lists"? That's what I usually read here! :angel:

kurac
13-03-2009, 15:39
I never got the same models for different units, it looks kinda too copy/pasty for my taste, so i wouldn't buy more then two of the same model now no matter how new it is.

Or maybe it's just the fact that instead of a "real" army i could buy a small country.

ToXiK
13-03-2009, 15:49
what you have to remember is that it is a novelty and will wear off after a while and like korras said it pumps money into the game which can only be a plus.

kizzt
13-03-2009, 15:50
I have a mere 600 points of guard, but i just bought the Stormlord because i totally love the model, and am having a blast assembling it. No doubt painting will be fun too. And i'll be buying maybe 2 valkyries because i love the look of them so much, and i anticipate more enjoyment out of the construction. And if i ever bothered to play guard then no doubt i'd take the valkyries as a choice, because of the awesome sculpt and the work that went into assembly and painting.