PDA

View Full Version : Bored to tears..playing with.

Lord Malorne
13-03-2009, 15:45
What army have you played WITH that has been boring and made you stop playing that army or army build?

Braad
13-03-2009, 15:46
None so far...

Greenskins rule forever!

Necromancy Black
13-03-2009, 15:49
My mates no magic WoC army was boring to play so I made him throw some magic in there. Maybe now he won't get owned by my Slann as much and I'll actually lose.

Lord Malorne
13-03-2009, 15:51
With people, playing with ;).

Tyranno1
13-03-2009, 15:51
Deamons. I played them 3 weeks before release thanks to an early delivary. I mainly got them because my chaos army got split up and wanted to give an army similer to the SoC one a test.

I only lost with them once and that was agianst other deamons, it got very boring as I could ssee the were blatently broken from the start, I only had to make a single army list and it worked.

I just abandoned them, they were boring to play with and boring to fight agaisnt for my opponents. I felt bad for useing something so cheesy against them.

TeddyC
13-03-2009, 16:04
dwarfs tend to have pretty much the same tactics and basic build each time. You kinda end up relying on different opposing armies rather than varying your own lists.

not that im bored of them by a long shot.... but theres a reason ive started a small lizardman army!

Thoughtless
13-03-2009, 16:05
Offensive Dwarves. Leads to some boring games I found.

Vinsanity
13-03-2009, 16:16
Using my dwarf slayer army got quite boring after a while. Whole army doesnt run away, fairly slow, little shooting etc. Having lots more fun playing with a balanced army like Empire atm...

TeddyC
13-03-2009, 16:19
Using my dwarf slayer army got quite boring after a while. Whole army doesnt run away, fairly slow, little shooting etc. Having lots more fun playing with a balanced army like Empire atm...

God yes.... i forgot how much I spent on that all metal army as well!!!

I remember playing 2 games.... I wiped out a staffers DoW army to the man (he had at least 3 large blocks of pikes) barely losing anything in return.

I then got killed to the man causing absoloutely 0 wounds back playing the same guys Tzeentch Demons list. He just avoided the doom axe swinging things and killed them off with magic or flamers on discs

Thomus Darkblade
13-03-2009, 16:51
I find games against Dwarves and vampires to be exceptionally boring.

O&G'sRule
13-03-2009, 16:54
none, all have their charm. Even the dwarf gun line is ultimately a challenge for you to overcome or for your opponent to. Some builds aren't the best compared to others, but nothing to put you off either

Grimbrow
13-03-2009, 16:58
I second Daemons. I played around 3 games with them, realised that, despite having no experience with them, I was still rolling over experienced generals. Like you, Malorne - my cheesey daemon game against you wasn't fun. The army, I mean, not the company :p so I traded for a dwarf army, which I'm enjoying immensely, despite the comments on this thread...

theunwantedbeing
13-03-2009, 16:59
All Khornate Mortals is a pretty dull list to use.
You have.....turn 1 of getting to decide where your troops go usually. Then it's just a case of rolling a silly amount of dice whenever anything hits combat and then the other guy takes all his models off the board.

I'll point out that where I played was a total graveyard, prettymuch the only non-Vampire Counts player was me a the time.

I'de imagine a gunline to be only marginally more interesting to play simply as you actually have some say in what you get to attack with your guns. Plus the entire army isnt likely to be immune to psychology so you'll have to remove models and take panic tests occasionally.

A gunline is certainly less interesting to face against though.

Sheena Easton
13-03-2009, 17:00
I got bored playing with HE when they got the updated book in 5th ed (the Tomas Piruen special rules heavy powergaming extravaganza that had a tactics section dedicated to abusing the army list to its maximum) and haven't picked them up since despite them beign my favourite army when I started back in 3rd ed...

Similarly, I got bored playing mixed O&G lists and switched focus to NG, got bored playign that and went back to mixed... now would only consider a pure Comman / Forest Gobbo / Troll list with no NG's...

O&G'sRule
13-03-2009, 17:03
if you just use one army, that will become dull no matter what it is, especially if you always play the same people.

Tokamak
13-03-2009, 17:18
My 40k nurgling army.

I am NOT kidding.

Bac5665
13-03-2009, 17:26
I traded my VC for brets because I never really enjoyed the VC. (I won the army as a door prize in the first place, so it wasn't such a bad think financially.)

But I will say, 6+ years of playing more or less the same lizardmen list has NOT gotten boring for me. I play other armies some of the time, but at least 50% of my games are with the lizardmen list, and I have never felt the need to change it up to keep it interesting. I've tweeked it many times in an effort to stay competitive, but the basic idea and the core models have stayed the same they whole time. Till I got new temple guard. They rock so much, I have to switch :angel:

O&G'sRule
13-03-2009, 17:29
do your opponents agree?

Drakcore Bloodtear
13-03-2009, 22:48
I got terribly bored when plying with the new WoC and after playing O&G I didn't like using small elites forces and altogether there was no real excitment

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
13-03-2009, 23:30
Skaven, 13pd: 20jezzails, 4 ratlings and 2 warplightings where not so much fun to play with:p or against:p

Greetz
G

ashc
13-03-2009, 23:37
I got bored playing Dwarfs which is a shame because i really like the background to the army and my 2000pt. force looked great; but I missed using things like magic and cavalry, so decided i kind of needed to change over to something else.

I am a bit weird though, I cycle through armies like nobody's business. Have now been through: Hordes of Chaos (6th ed) Ogres (6th) Dwarfs (6th to 7th) Dark Elves (old book) High Elves (New Book), and currently am armyless. Don't know what to go to next...

I think the new WOC look a bit boring to play, as there isn't much variety in the list (can you see a pattern in my tastes?) I like to be able to do a bit of everything generally.

Ash

EDIT: I should probably stick with elves of some kind if i want to do a bit of everything, the other option is Empire but my housemate has 4k of those bad boys already...

Warboss Antoni
13-03-2009, 23:40
I hate playing with O&G. I don't like how weak the book has gooten, an with everyone playing friendly games lke a tourney around here ( which can be cool, makes it competitive yet fun ), I just can't play them. I have 3.5k at least and I can't stand to bring them. Horrible rolling+animosity = not fun.

Volker the Mad Fiddler
14-03-2009, 02:39
Surprisingly, I am bored with my Empire. I dislike the direction away from men towards technology and just can't build a list that I like with the new book. Have started lizardmen to field infantry that can actually fight every so often.

Feefait
14-03-2009, 02:50
I have been playing Skaven since 1992. It got for a while a bit old, and I have a pretty sizable Lizardman army from when they were first released. I've dabbled in chaos and We because my skaven had gotten "boring". Problem is now I really miss my skaven. I just have so many other things I feel i need ot play since i bought them. but the more I do the more I realize I really am not at all sick of skaven.

Kerill
14-03-2009, 03:19
Tzeentch Daemons- got dull to play with and were dull to play against for my opponents.
High Elves- not dropped them completely but the I@C rule last edition made me lose all empathy with the army, only used them in one battle in the last 18 months.

Kill-Freedom
14-03-2009, 04:20
No army or player bores me, unless i know i am going to slaughter them

fattdex
14-03-2009, 04:24
Try a different game!

Laughingmonk
14-03-2009, 08:56
I used to have dwarfs. Most boring army in the game. No movement, no magic, no nothin'.

Went to empire and never looked back.

Leogun_91
14-03-2009, 09:12
I got tired of my dwarf gunline (my first army) and decided to get more closecombat power, then more, then more, then more......last game my only ranged attack was a handgun on lord beacouse the model had it, never got to use it.

I also has O&G, they are really fun and versatile and not an upphill struggle like my dwarfs.

I also have WoC, they are not very fun but not that dull either.

I hope my zombie pirate VCs will be fun too.

stonehorse
14-03-2009, 11:19
In my 15 years of gaming, the army that have bored me the most have been Dwarfs, very little movement, no magic, and no skirmishers... I just felt like I was missing out on some game concepts of Warhammer, which to my mind is wrong.

Lord Malorne
14-03-2009, 11:38
Well this is surprising, I didn't think Dwarves would be in the lead, though oddly they are the same for me which I am annoyed at, as I really like the models and background but found them unfulfilling on the table.

snyggejygge
14-03-2009, 11:54
Dwarfs here as well, I tried to make an effective list, it worked alright, never lost with it (although a lot of draws), but it got very boring to just sit back & shoot, added some more closecombat units, then some more, but still found the army to be boring due to the slowness, so I sold it.

lord ugwart
14-03-2009, 14:00
Dwarves, I collected them for years. Now iv'e defected to orcs and goblins they are much more fun.

Chicago Slim
14-03-2009, 16:11
I've got four armies at 3000-8000 points each, so it's easy for me to mix it up, and play a pretty wide variety... Nope, can't say I've gotten bored...

Oberon
14-03-2009, 16:26
My dwarfs. I have 4 regiments CC army, and a full gunline that I used to use, but now they are gathering dust as I moved on to more flexible armies (skaven, VC, woc)...

selone
14-03-2009, 16:53
Dwarves, I collected them for years. Now iv'e defected to orcs and goblins they are much more fun.

Man I wish I'd known, I'd have swopped my orcs for your dwarfs :)

chivalrous
14-03-2009, 16:59
With so many people saying Dwarfs, and you can add my name to the pile, I wonder if this is why chaos Dwarfs reamin so popular. You retain a presence in the magic phase and with the inclusion of Hobgoblin wolf riders, you have a certain amount of mobile support.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-03-2009, 17:12
Tomb Kings. If the opponent has too much magic defence they slow to a crawl.

TheDarkDuke
14-03-2009, 17:15
Tzeentch warriors of chaos. no cool warrior mages (one at least capable of hurting someone in combat anyway) and a halfarsed book with nothing really cool in it along with terrible i always have to challenge junk with a meh eye of the gods table....... i guess i liked em better whe nthey were weaker and could mix all the chaos armies together... shame to since i really did like there army and models until now:(, heres hoping for a decent beast of chaos book

Lord0rcus
14-03-2009, 17:19
I'll have to agree on the slayer army. Definitely a rock/paper/scissors army.

Voodoo Boyz
14-03-2009, 17:19
Dwarfs.

This makes me exceptionally sad, because I love the army's fluff, models, everything really.

Except their army list, but probably more than that the overall design of the army. If you make an army that "works" it's exceptionally boring.

At higher levels of play, the "solution" to playing against them is so dreadfully simple and easy (not to mention a terribly boring game) that it's excruciating to play.

selone
14-03-2009, 17:37
Methinks one of these dwarf players should swop their dwarves for my orcs hoho ;)

Nabeshin1106
14-03-2009, 17:44
I agree with Dwarfs being boring. They were my first army and I couldn't stand 'em so I sold 'em off.

Right now I'm not getting bored of any specific army, but a certain army build. My largest army is mono-Slaanesh Daemons with a couple Seeker squads and Fiends. My next army is all cavalry Warriors of Chaos. Before I started my Warriors I played a small Bretonnian list. As you can see, I really like cavalry/fast moving combat armies, but it's getting to be a bit much for me. I'm starting up with Wood Elves now to give myself an army that plays a bit differently than my others..

maze ironheart
14-03-2009, 17:44
What army have you played WITH that has been boring and made you stop playing that army or army build?

None as I love playing with each of my armys and I have 5 armys 4 WFB and 1 40k.

cortez555
14-03-2009, 17:54
Heres another dwarf vote,they are my lads, my first army and i love them to pieces....but dam are they boring to play with. I quckly moved on to wood elves and havent looked back yet. They just lack to many expects in the game for me and yes when they re-release chaos dwarfs ill be getting some :D