PDA

View Full Version : Using Flagellants In VC - Ghouls Or Zombies?

Rael
13-03-2009, 16:53
Playing with an Undead (VC's) army for years now I've always been attracted to the fluff behind the army. One thing that's always seemed attractive is human servants/cultists. A Vampire can't count on Skeletons for everything right.

The best miniatures that fit into this catergory, in my mind, are the metal Flagellants from 6th Ed. I just love the models. So with this in mind I thought I would use them as Zombies. I put up the question whether people would be cool with this on a smaller forum and to my surprise alot were suggesting I use them as Ghouls instead.

I was just sure the raggedy, standing upright modles of the Flagellants fit the look better than the clothing-less, hunched Ghouls.

I do understand that ghouls used to be normal humans at one point and that they just degenerated after years.

What do you guys think, what do the Flaggelant models speak to you as - Ghouls or Zombies?

grumbaki
13-03-2009, 18:29
I'd say go for the ghouls. The models definitely look more alive and with their ragged clothes and long hair they make great models for insane human henchmen, in which ghouls fit the bill.

Von Wibble
13-03-2009, 20:57
I agree. Flagellants don't look the type to shuffle forwards vacantly. Ghouls fit the bill better.

Mercules
13-03-2009, 21:34
Ghouls... the poison attack comes from the dirty filth encrusted chains they are swinging around. Paint them rusted with crusted blood?

mrtn
14-03-2009, 00:03
I'd be OK with either. :)

Gazak Blacktoof
14-03-2009, 01:43
I voted ghouls though I wouldn't mind either so long as there was some consistency. It probably depends on numbers as to whether you can feasibly use them for zombies.

I've seen some great pics of them done up as spirit hosts.

Sergeant horse
16-03-2009, 18:14
dirty them up and make them zombies.

Rael
16-03-2009, 22:52
Damn you guys lol! You're making this alot harder than I originally imagined - Ghouls were way ahead just a few days ago!

I'm actually starting to lean towards Ghouls lately (2 units of 18 as support/flankers)

It probably depends on numbers as to whether you can feasibly use them for zombies.

I have about 60 already (aquired through a few trades, could use a little more).

Spirit
16-03-2009, 23:09
Ghouls, paint the flails manky and it justifies 2 poisoned attacks.

If you want good zombie models have a look at the mordheim ghouls and zombies, those ones make an awsome front rank lol.

60 ghouls makes a very good basis for a vamp list,

Gazak Blacktoof
16-03-2009, 23:15
I guess if you've got that many you could certainly use them as zombies. Unless you play some truly colossal games I don't suppose you'll ever need more than 60 zombies.

I think the ghouls here from the current flagelant sets look rather nice

http://www.vampirecounts.net/printthread.php?tid=3014

Tokamak
16-03-2009, 23:18
Spirit hosts.

EmperorNorton
16-03-2009, 23:25
Spirit hosts.

I second that! (http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3170751&postcount=98)

Tokamak
16-03-2009, 23:31
Aye, very nice.

I still remember seeing flagellants being used as spirit hosts in the 4th or 5th edition of Warhammer. The new models only appear to look even better suited for that.

I guess if you've got that many you could certainly use them as zombies. Unless you play some truly colossal games I don't suppose you'll ever need more than 60 zombies.

I think the ghouls here from the current flagelant sets look rather nice

http://www.vampirecounts.net/printthread.php?tid=3014

Not a big fan of the pain job but wow, those ghoul heads fit the flagellants perfectly. Those things remind me of Nosferatu.

Luthor
17-03-2009, 00:36
Wouldn't that be a bit weird when you cast raise dead on your unit of serveants? :)