PDA

View Full Version : Please help

captainramoz
13-03-2009, 22:43
Im having tremendously serious problems while chosing an army.
My ideas are:
Deathwing;Ravenwing
The Doomed Alliance
O.O.U(organisation of orks united)
Some some imperial fist descendant need a non ***** name (animal related name)
Please help it's distubing me greatly.

RCgothic
13-03-2009, 22:51
Ok, we're going to need a bit more to go on.

What colors do you like?
What play style do you favour? (shooty/balanced/assaulty hordy/balanced/elite)
Does any particular fluff appeal to you? You mentioned Dark Angels, Imperial Fists and Orks, what is it that attracts you to these armies?

Sorry I don't know who the doomed alliance are.

captainramoz
13-03-2009, 23:55
Ok, we're going to need a bit more to go on.

What colors do you like?
What play style do you favour? (shooty/balanced/assaulty hordy/balanced/elite)
Does any particular fluff appeal to you? You mentioned Dark Angels, Imperial Fists and Orks, what is it that attracts you to these armies?

Sorry I don't know who the doomed alliance are.
First I like black/blue/gold and bone white
Second i like any styles wich screws balance(i'll never be an autarch) especially devastators.
I love orks cause they are the only non grey race besides tau and they are kinda wise and noble in the orky way.
I dislike dark angels but ravenwing is something i like and deathwing has a pleasant colour scheme. Imperial fists are a chapter in emotionally similar to because I'm also an honourable stocky steward who tries to help others above all else and never says no(maibe my greatest defect).
The doomed alliance is the most baried force is like an anti-red corsair force made by renegades , the legion of dammed and some fallen.

Explodingboy
14-03-2009, 00:03
I'd say the orks, just because I dislike space marines.

RCgothic
14-03-2009, 00:12
ok, well let's see if we can find a few colour schemes you like.

Ultramarines 2nd Company Blue with Gold Trim
Iron Hands Black with silver hands
Raven Guard Black with White Trim

Crimson Fists Blue with Red Trim (Imperial Fists successors)
Iron Lords Black/Red with Gold Trim (founding legion not known)
Death Spectres Black/bone with white shoulderpad. (founding legion not known.)
Black Consols Black with gold trim. (Ultramarines successors)
Novamarines Blue/Bone quarters. (Ultramarines successors)

All of these colour schemes can be looked up on Lexicanum, or found in the current codex Space Marines.

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 00:22
ok, well let's see if we can find a few colour schemes you like.

Ultramarines 2nd Company Blue with Gold Trim
Iron Hands Black with silver hands
Raven Guard Black with White Trim

Crimson Fists Blue with Red Trim (Imperial Fists successors)
Iron Lords Black/Red with Gold Trim (founding legion not known)
Death Spectres Black/bone with white shoulderpad. (founding legion not known.)
Black Consols Black with gold trim. (Ultramarines successors)
Novamarines Blue/Bone quarters. (Ultramarines successors)

All of these colour schemes can be looked up on Lexicanum, or found in the current codex Space Marines.
Yes I checked them but they are really vainilla maibe a new impis succesor depending heavily in devastator using an scheme similar to the one of the imperial fists (I do like yellow). But not completely equal.

Bjornin
14-03-2009, 00:36
What style of army are you looking for exactly? If you like power Armour, and you know what colors you like (which it seems you do), head over to Bolter and Chainsword and invent your own chapter with their Marine Painter. Make your own fluff, justifying the large numbers of Devs and have at it.

If you don't necessarily want Marines, go Deffskulls (Orks). You get the blue, the black, and a white/bone and you get the Ork codex, a very nice and non-vanilla codex IMO.

Ubercarp
14-03-2009, 00:38
Black Templars. The black, white, and occasionally red heraldry is appealing. They are of Imperial Fist descent, but not vanilla. While they do not have devastators, they can field squads up to 20.

There was a Templar tactical thread a while ago that had lots of good info. Some of the BfBP marines even look like BTs so it's a great way to get started.

RCgothic
14-03-2009, 00:42
There is a lot you can do with the standard codex. All bikes/landspeeders, assault squads, footsloggers, dreadnaught heavy, 3x devastator squads, there is a lot of flavour to the new codex.

the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Crimson Fists all have characterful backgrounds, and if you want to avoid the Ultramarines and their successors, the Iron Lords and Death Spectres have colourschemes that you like and very little in the way of fluff, so you can imagine them and play them how you want.

But anyway, pick a colour scheme you like, doesn't have to be one of the ones I mentioned, they're just there for inspiration, you can come up with one of your own.

Orks might be a good choice, but I'd better let an ork player give you advice on them.

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 00:52
If you don't necessarily want Marines, go Deffskulls (Orks). You get the blue, the black, and a white/bone and you get the Ork codex, a very nice and non-vanilla codex IMO.
Well orks are a different story inspired by lastie primarchs series i decided to create the O.O.U that is the orks onu so an army under this banner will have a little of every organization in ork kultur.
Udercarp:first i dislike them cause maibe their list could have very well be for impys then they lose very powerful units devastators and librarians. And squads can be up to 19 man there must always be more initiates than neophites in a squad.

Bjornin
14-03-2009, 00:59
I'm dabbling in Orks at the moment, Bad Moonz specifically, and I find them refreshing after 10 years of Marines and 5 years of Guard (concurrently). Another in our group uses Lootas very efficiently, and a Trukk rush thats 50/50 on effectiveness (we had to institute a house rule just so he wasn't slaughtered every match. We're nice like that :D ). The AoBR set is a great way to start both Marines and Orks, and give you options.

I find that Orks have a similar flexibility to Marines, although of a different caliber. Not all builds are game winners (Flash Gitz vs. Nob Bikers) but they're all fun. Pick a clan or make your own, you've got a lot of freedom with Orks.

Aside: RCgothic speaks the truth. With marines you can be all you can be (TM). The choice is ultimately yours. As a personal note, its good to see people invent their own chapters. It gives them a unique sense of pride that other players just don't get. It makes me wish I had been more creative when I started.

Edit: Its definitely 20. Its "cannot have more than" so 10 and 10 is legal.

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 01:05
I'm dabbling in Orks at the moment, Bad Moonz specifically, and I find them refreshing after 10 years of Marines and 5 years of Guard (concurrently). Another in our group uses Lootas very efficiently, and a Trukk rush thats 50/50 on effectiveness (we had to institute a house rule just so he wasn't slaughtered every match. We're nice like that :D ). The AoBR set is a great way to start both Marines and Orks, and give you options.

I find that Orks have a similar flexibility to Marines, although of a different caliber. Not all builds are game winners (Flash Gitz vs. Nob Bikers) but they're all fun. Pick a clan or make your own, you've got a lot of freedom with Orks.

Aside: RCgothic speaks the truth. With marines you can be all you can be (TM). The choice is ultimately yours. As a personal note, its good to see people invent their own chapters. It gives them a unique sense of pride that other players just don't get. It makes me wish I had been more creative when I started.

Edit: Its definitely 20. Its "cannot have more than" so 10 and 10 is legal.

Yeah I would be happy when i bring my own created marine chapter to battle or maibe the doomed alliance or the o.o.u
I'll use gits but i don't get the blasta upgrade rules does somebody knows what is it for.

Bjornin
14-03-2009, 01:27
Blastier is for forcing a better AP on your shots.

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 01:42
Blastier is for forcing a better AP on your shots.
But how does it work.

Bjornin
14-03-2009, 01:48
Find the AP for their gun, and subtract 1

Note: walking on egg shells here since I don't want to quote a rule and get dinged for it.

Edit: so AP 4 becomes AP 3, AP 3 becomes AP 2, etc.

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 01:52
Find the AP for their gun, and subtract 1

Note: walking on egg shells here since I don't want to quote a rule and get dinged for it.

Edit: so AP 4 becomes AP 3, AP 3 becomes AP 2, etc.
Thank's i tought something completely different.

captainramoz
15-03-2009, 03:06
Hi I have an idea maibe a marine chapter based in my school