PDA

View Full Version : what should i get for my new ork ormy

woffims
14-03-2009, 02:31
what should i get for my new ork ormy im goffs

kaimarion
14-03-2009, 02:50
A stompa :eyebrows:?????

Besides that bikes, storm boyz, nobz, big mek, grots(to add to vehicles), trukks, battle wagons....

captainramoz
14-03-2009, 02:55
Ard boyz and nobs

Nazdrugh
14-03-2009, 03:00
A Warboss and maybe some Dreds and Kanz.

MrBims
14-03-2009, 03:07
Well, it would be good to start with a codex.

Bjornin
14-03-2009, 03:42
Nobz. Goffs always have a lot of Nobz. Or Boyz.

Yeah, so Nobz and Boyz. Can't go wrong there.

Born Again
14-03-2009, 05:36
The rule which applies to any ork army, but especially Goffs: Boyz before toyz!

misterboff
14-03-2009, 09:02
1. Codex
2. Assault on Black Reach
3. Boyz
4. Nobz
5. Grotz

Then maybe some Stormboyz and Battlewagons depending on the style of army you are looking for. I think that Boyz, Nobz and a few Grotz are essential to a traditional Goff army.

misterboff

Mega Nutz
14-03-2009, 09:29
I'd personally go for big stuff, nobz, battlewagons, dreds and kans... Goffs above all other clans love a ruck and like it up close and personal!

willydstyle
14-03-2009, 09:32
Deffdreads have always been very Goffy, and are good units to boot. Get one of them.

Senbei
14-03-2009, 15:10
More Boyz!

FBI
14-03-2009, 16:53
Boyz, boyz, boyz!!!!

Latro_
14-03-2009, 17:34
Goffs are very much a foot on the floor sloggin it up close and personal army.
You want a good two units of 20-30 Slugga (not shoota) mobs as a base (nob with PK in each of course).

From there i'd get a couple of units of 20 grots to screen the boyz (I'd think pushin grots forward an slappin em about is a bit more fluffy for goffs than a mek with a force field)

That's ya troops sorted.

Then the next fluffy (and uber competitive) mob of choice is a unit of storm boyz (say 15-20) also with a nob with PK.

Then you need a warboss backed up with a nice sized unit of nobz. nobz are really not that competitive for orks imo, but very fluffy for goffs, one option would be to use the nob models in a huge unit of say 20, but use them as ard boyz instead (would look awesome).

Then for a bit of shooting the next fluffy unit of choice would be as many killa kans with rokkits you can fit in with points remaining.

This should give you a pretty solid, fluffy 1500ish point goff army.

Orkeosaurus
14-03-2009, 17:57
Then you need a warboss backed up with a nice sized unit of nobz. nobz are really not that competitive for orks imoI'm not sure if I'd say that.

Biker nob lists are obviously one of the most powerful in the game, but even without bikes I've seen nobs have quite a punch. Especially with 5th edition combat resolution, which can make mince meat out of boy squads who run afoul of berserkers and such.

I know a lot of people say would say they're a point sink, but a decently upgraded nob squad can help break through tough units, and Kill Points make single, expensive squads a better deal now.

Mega armored nobs are good if they're led by an independent character, otherwise I don't think you can trust their leadership.

Latro_
14-03-2009, 18:12
Hmm they're 'ok' the normal roll out is having 5ish of them in a truk, which I think there was a thread a while ago pointed to a mob of 12 boyz with pk nob being much more effective for the same points.

biker nob army is brutal i'll give you that!

I was gonna try out a truk based unit of three meganobs with combi-skorchas, comes in at about 160 points (same as 12 boyz + nob) and think that might pack a nasty punch.

Orkeosaurus
14-03-2009, 18:21
Just as a throw-away type of unit?

I could see that actually. There's a lot of stuff that can't do much to mega armor, and the skorchas will will give them even more versatility.

Their Leadership may suck, but if you play them right you can probably avoid having to take tests all together.

Latro_
14-03-2009, 18:34
Well i was thinking as more of a support unit for damaged mobs against hordes.

e.g. unit of 8ish storm boyz who have survived an assault but were at 15 strong and want to make a new one on a fresh enemy. The truk waits in the wings and assults in at the same time in support. (bit like most truk units I guess).

It could be a shot in the dark unit too i guess, very good at everything. 3 flamer templates = big chunk out of a horde unit, many power klaw attacks = death of most vehicles in assault plus they have the added fast factor to get where they are needed quick. They'd just be a bit bum against high int high S elite infantry

40kdhs
15-03-2009, 23:39
STOMPA. It's kick ars because you could potentially have 130+ shots per turn if you don't JAM.

Darkhorse
16-03-2009, 03:50
Shootaboyz for general fightin' & cannon fodder duty, Grotz for sittin' around holding objectives.
I prefer Meganobz to Nobz and now have a full battlewagon of 'em. They usually carve through everything except terminators.
Bikerz are good but do need a Nob with 'em to hit things with a Klaw. Deffkoptas tend to be fire magnets, but every so often get lucky before they die.
Big Mek with Kustom Power Field is a good trick.
Shokk Attack Gun has a tendency to be random, usually resulting in the Mek killing himself.
Zzappgunz are more popular for tank killing at range.
Tank hunters are a waste of time unless you have transport to carry them everywhere.
Burnaboyz in a transport are jaw-droppingly effective, this really is a must have unit.

Khornate Fireball (Ork)
16-03-2009, 04:13
The Battleforce is great for speedier armies, but, well, Goffz aren't exactly known for vehicles. You could just get piles of Boyz. But painting a horde isn't the most fun thing.