PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War question

Bathawk
14-03-2009, 08:56
sorry all but had a question about the original game and didn't see any other forum

I'm running into half finished buildings, turrets, and I guess a vehicle factory, but they need to be "finished"

it says send a servitor out, but how do I get him to finish it? repair dosen't work, construct the building dosne't work, and looking at the instruction book dosne't help

Jokubas
14-03-2009, 09:26
If you have a building that hasn't finished constructing, right-clicking your builder unit on it should do the trick.

StormWulfen
14-03-2009, 09:30
is it actually your building or is it an allied building?

Bathawk
14-03-2009, 10:15
If you have a building that hasn't finished constructing, right-clicking your builder unit on it should do the trick.

that did the trick, thanks

now hopefully i can figure out why the whirlwinds in the next mission won't fire, they're bar charges for a fraction, then restarts again and again, I try moving them around a bit first, but still no luck...well not entirely true, every now and again one might fire abut that's liek one in twenty commands

squeekenator
14-03-2009, 12:48
They're set on Cease Fire by default. You have to change their stance. That's probably the most common problem in the whole series, no idea why they did it.

Bregalad
14-03-2009, 13:20
Actually Dawn of War belongs to the computer games subforum:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

victorpofa
14-03-2009, 23:24
They're set on Cease Fire by default. You have to change their stance. That's probably the most common problem in the whole series, no idea why they did it.

This problem drove me nuts for a while until I found the answer online. Really silly thing to do.

Bookwrak
15-03-2009, 00:50
Not really, given the Whirlwind's proclivity for dropping barrages on your own forces. That way if you move it up you don't have to remember to switch it from fire at will before it starts dropping artillery on the enemy current nose to nose with your troops.