PDA

View Full Version : Separating GW/third party rumours

Tokamak
14-03-2009, 11:40
Lots of new miniature companies who provide models that fit warhammer fantasy or 40k are on a rise now. Now, personally, I love most of them and I'm a big fan of companies like AoW and even newer companies look very promising indeed.

But I feel the rumour forum should solely be reserved for GW rumours. Right now there are lots of 'third party' companies promoting their works there. And again, I'm all for them. But I think they deserve their own rumour forum.

GW rumours are on themselves far more interesting as they contain models as wel as rules/army book rumours. And after all, these miniature companies aren't even allowed to directly sell their products under the Warhammer brand.

So, before the entire rumour thread turns into a third party WIP forum, I suggest a new forum (or two, for 40k and for Fantasy) for third party companies to display their new products.

zoggin-eck
14-03-2009, 11:45
I wish there was a section for them, too.

I get it, there are other miniature companies around (I collect anything from 2mm to 28mm scale) but really, I come here for Games Workshop stuff, anything else, I can find elsewhere.

Tokamak
14-03-2009, 14:27
Exactly. If they get posted by the manufacturer themselves, then they aren't really rumours are they?

mweaver
14-03-2009, 14:34
Sounds like a good idea to me. I do like the fact that other companies post information on their models here.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-03-2009, 14:35
The rumour section is actually news and rumours. Its also fantasy rumours not GW rumours.

Persoanlly I like seeing what other companies make and it makes a bit easier to browse by game, I think.

This thread should proabably be in the future of waseer sub-forum.

Tokamak
14-03-2009, 14:56
Oh definitely. I didn't notice that sub forum. I was looking for a 'suggestions' one.

Anyway, I'm not saying threads like those should be banned, I like them. I just think they need their own separate section.