PDA

View Full Version : Rezolution: a Dark Tomorrow

jazzdude78
03-05-2005, 06:56
It in theory appears at the end of the month
and I was wondering what everyone thought of it

Personally I do like a good number of the minis(Arashi,Lektras)
and the printable terrain is a nice idea as well
The Quick Start rules look pretty nice
reminds me of Warmachine in more ways than one but the higher tech end is a bonus IMHO

go here (http://rezolutiondt.com) for all the info.

malika
03-05-2005, 17:51
I like the idea and background but those miniatures truly look bad, some are okay but still need heavy remodifications to look kick ass!

jazzdude78
03-05-2005, 22:55
I think part of the problem are the paintjobs really are not done by people as skilled as those in the hire of Rackham privateer and GW
there is a similar problem to be found with the stuff for Mongoose Publishing
they need better painters for it to truly draw in a big audience

malika
04-05-2005, 00:24
I think it's a little bit of both

NetDiver
20-05-2005, 08:15
The game seems to have a very heavy cyberpunk feel to it, which is a great bonus in my book. Somehow the game system seemed a little similar to Sabotage (still unreleased minigame from Figure Trader). Have to check this one out.

Sprue Rubbles
30-05-2005, 06:53
Aberrant was at Kublacon this past weekend and I was really impressed with the miniatures. So I'm a bit surprised at how bad they look on their website. It's nothing like what I saw at the con. I like the setting and I'll definitely check it out when it's released (the guy at the booth said 3 weeks for starter sets and July for the rulebook).

It kind of reminds me of Shadowrun + Dark Age (post-apocalype mini game) + Warmachine (cards mostly).

jazzdude78
30-05-2005, 15:27
Good to hear more and more people are liking it

Im hoping to be able to pickup the book and APAC starter soon

jazzdude78
28-07-2005, 18:45
Well the game ahs been out for awhile now
what are yalls thoughts on it
I for one love it
the individual activations and opposed rolls are a nice way to keep you occupied
and the minis are actually pretty good

Rykion
29-07-2005, 17:55
I played a demo game at Origins. The game itself seemed fun, but the miniature quality ranged from good to very poor. A very good paint job could save some of the minis though. I love cyberpunk, but the look of this game really doesn't do much for me. Two of the armies look like they are on the way to some big fetish party. Then you have a generic looking police force, and a group of people on their way to convention dressed as their favorite Anime characters.

Bradicus
03-08-2005, 04:34
So, I agree and I felt the same way when I first saw the game that the minis look.... bad. Really bad. But, honestly, it's just the paintjob. It's a shame, too, because the game is incredible and the minis are actually quite spectacular (of course there are a few that I dont like, or can't stand, but overall I like the minis alot).

I think that in terms of game structure and mechanics, this is by far the best minis game I've ever played (except, possibly for BloodBowl.... that game rocks...). The small-scale force works quite nicely, making it both very inexpensive to play and very easy to quickly paint up a distinct force. It also makes it very plausible and economically possible to collect multiple forces.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the independant unit activation, as I feel that it allows for extremely tactics-heavy games as instead of being allowed to activate all your guys before a single shot is fired back at you, every model's move has the potential to be countered as they make it (the Hold order even further allows for units to counter each other).

Sadly, as the system is still in very much the beginnings of being worked out, there are a large number of confusing and contradictory rules. Fortunately, though, the Aberrant team is working hard to clarify and answer all the questions of the gamers.

Personally, I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY recommend that at the very least you try this game out wiht people who know the rules, and that at best you pick up a faction box or two and get hooked.

Also, if you ahve any interest at all, check out the Rez forum (rezolutiondt.invisionzone.com) and read about some of the rules, check out the models, and find out where you can play some games. Also, check out the totally awsome cardstock terrain that we've got to play with.

jazzdude78
03-08-2005, 09:05
You could also check out a few of the cardstock terrain threads there as well they have some good links

Sprue Rubbles
11-08-2005, 08:43
They desperately need to re-do their boxed set photos. Those minis look NOTHING like the ones I've seen at Kublacon.

cerealkiller195
31-08-2005, 16:44
i've just picked up the game when i went to gencon. and i agree though some minis dont looka s great on the site when you they are painted and in your hands they look oh so much better!

my group and i were GW junkies and when we demo'd the game we were instantly blown off our feet! In fact i played my first game 2 days ago! and it was a blast took us awhile because we were testing out the rules but great fun.

alternate activation adds so much to Rez or any game for the matter because you dont just begin a turn and get blasted off the table. You have a chance to make moves/plans of your own.