PDA

View Full Version : Skink cheif and his stegadon

Killboss
14-03-2009, 15:27
Hi, this is my first thread so please forgive me if is not up to standard.

I got a stegadon to lead my army. The chief ontop shall have the war spear but, i have no idea how to make it. Can someone help me? Incase this is important, my green stuff skills are 0:cries:.

Dead Man Walking
14-03-2009, 16:01
The new steggie comes with a chief model who wields a spear, just paint the tip a magical color like dark and light blue, or dark and bright green. Now it is a spear that looks magical.

Killboss
14-03-2009, 16:59
The new steggie comes with a chief model who wields a spear, just paint the tip a magical color like dark and light blue, or dark and bright green. Now it is a spear that looks magical.

I'm not usre if that would do. Good idea, but my friend is saying that we will not proxy or anything for fantasy magic items :wtf: (which sucks as the only carnosaur riding guy you can get is Kroq-Gar) so im not sure. Thanks, ill be sure to paint it differently though.

But its has the tip removed and i am planing on putting the end of the dagger on it for some uniqueness.

TheDarkDuke
14-03-2009, 17:18
ughhhh you do realise in fantasy you dont have to show magic items on characters at all right? infact your opponent isn't even supposed to know if you have any magic items at all until you use them unless your curteous enough to show them (which i normally will with exceptions of assassins and some other few surprises to catch them off guard now and then)

Makarion
14-03-2009, 17:29
If your buddy's a friend indeed, you should be able to reason with him. And, as has been stated, there is no wysiwyg requirement in WFB.

TheDarkDuke
14-03-2009, 17:36
well there is wysiwyg but that pretty much limited to if your saurus warriors have spears you give the majority of the unit spears. but for magic items if you had to model em what is the point of spells and items that make it so your opponent has to reveal all of them? but yeah doesnt sound much like a freind to me either.

Guardian_A
15-03-2009, 01:57
I plan to take a small round peice of metal (About as thick as a tooth pick) and replace the spear already in his hands with it to make a long spear (6-8").

Foegnasher
15-03-2009, 03:09
I'm not usre if that would do. Good idea, but my friend is saying that we will not proxy or anything for fantasy magic items :wtf: (which sucks as the only carnosaur riding guy you can get is Kroq-Gar) so im not sure. Thanks, ill be sure to paint it differently though.

But its has the tip removed and i am planing on putting the end of the dagger on it for some uniqueness.

your "freind" is a tool. tell him what it is and if that ain't good enough the ***** HIM.

Nicha11
15-03-2009, 03:14
your "freind" is a tool. tell him what it is and if that ain't good enough the ***** HIM.

Yah break up your friendship over small models, yah!:rolleyes:

Foegnasher
15-03-2009, 03:30

not what i meant, if your "friend" cant even let you play warhammer without even MAGIC ITEMS being wysiwyg? you need to play with someone else, that's all. that's rediculous.

Killboss
15-03-2009, 04:53
Thanks guys, he knows now. I dont really blame him, we have been gaming 40K for like 3 years and i dont think either of us has played a game of warhammer yet. He is actually a pretty cool guy.

Thanks everyone.

eyescrossed
15-03-2009, 05:07

Uh huh, you really seem to know me.
All I did was state that we should do everything WYSIWYG in Fantasy, and I'll gladly let him proxy something, but I thought we'd come to an agreement, obviously not.

Now I see what people mean by B&C being to Warseer as gold compared to sh1t.

PopeAlexanderVI
15-03-2009, 05:17

Anyone who values friendship this much can't have that many friends to begin with.

He's being a piece of **** so **** him and get a new friend. Don't let people walk all over you.

Nicha11
15-03-2009, 05:21
All I did was state that we should do everything WYSIWYG in Fantasy, and I'll gladly let him proxy something, but I thought we'd come to an agreement, obviously not.

Well this is awkward.:cool:

EDIT:

Anyone who values friendship this much can't have that many friends to begin with.

He's being a piece of **** so **** him and get a new friend. Don't let people walk all over you.

You do realise he was the previous poster right?

PopeAlexanderVI
15-03-2009, 05:35
Yeah, I do. If he's willing to let a friend dictate the rules of the game in such insane ways then he needs to grow a pair.

slingersam
15-03-2009, 05:57
The above poster is funny. Anyway fantasy isn't WYSIWYG as is
40k. Sorry the 2 posters above me are funny. he just happen to
post right before me.

Killboss
15-03-2009, 08:39
Yeah, I do. If he's willing to let a friend dictate the rules of the game in such insane ways then he needs to grow a pair.

Erm, well, as he has the rulebook (and i dont) and remembers just about every rule 100% right, i litened to him. If you dont like it, **** off. I also did say WE WERE PLAYING 40K FOR 3 YEARS.

We have talked about it (after this thread was made) and he doesn't mind if i just use the spear (but im combining it with the dagger to add nastyness ti it. :evilgrin:)

slingersam
15-03-2009, 10:38
Hey killboss relax, all we are saying is that a true friend wouldn't get anal over WYSIWYG. And if you talked about it with your friend then what ever you decide, is what you guys should do. Remember you come to these forums for advice. You don't like what we are saying, you don't have to listen to it. Also one last thing, its kinda rude asking for advice then telling the exact same people who helped you to "**** Off", just so you know in the near future.

Nicha11
15-03-2009, 11:28
Yay everybody loses:D:D:D

(except me of course)

Tokamak
15-03-2009, 11:42
WYSIWYG on characters isn't that important, maybe mundane items but not magic items, but hey, it's much more fun to show off your modelling prowess and represent the model exactly how you want it.

zak
15-03-2009, 12:15
I think there is far too much testosterone on this thread. Chill out and calm down before posting. Politeness doesn't cost anything. As Slinger stated. You asked for the advice and you got it. If don't like it then don't post!

Foegnasher
15-03-2009, 15:43

you might have the money to make a model for every magical setup you could possible do on a lord, but your buddy watns to field a carnosaur lord and can't because you insist on makeing him greenstuff weapons on it, something he cant do. just let him buy his models and play and enjoy the game, rather than slapping some arbitrary unfun rule so he feels inadaquate.

Let him tell you "this guy has a sword and a shield" rather than trying to trim metal bits off and add stuff. If someone told me i couldn't field my general becuase "his sword doesnt look magical" i'd call him a tool to his face. lighten up.

and i'm not warseer, this place is full of awesome people. you dont like it, please go post somewhere else.

Pavic
15-03-2009, 17:06
I don't know if Killboss or eyescrossed will answer this, but why did niether of you feel that the spear that came with the kit was not sufficient enough to represent the War-spear? I mean, most magic weapons don't exactly look like something spectacular unless it has an appropriate paint job, so what exactly did you expect the War-spear to look like?

Nicha11
16-03-2009, 06:54
and i'm not warseer, this place is full of awesome people. you dont like it, please go post somewhere else.

Foegnasher you are Warseer!:p

Killboss
16-03-2009, 07:55
Hey killboss relax, all we are saying is that a true friend wouldn't get anal over WYSIWYG. And if you talked about it with your friend then what ever you decide, is what you guys should do. Remember you come to these forums for advice. You don't like what we are saying, you don't have to listen to it. Also one last thing, its kinda rude asking for advice then telling the exact same people who helped you to "**** Off", just so you know in the near future.

That was only one guy. I get a little defensive about eyes coz he is a great friend, and that guy was going on a wrong impression that i let people rule over me. Its just he has the rules and i dont so i take his word..... like a friend. But when he was going all you have to make some giant, impressive thing, i wanted advice how. But now it is "your friend sucks ect" but we have established that there is no WYSIWYG in warhammer so its all good.

eyescrossed
16-03-2009, 08:34
you might have the money to make a model for every magical setup you could possible do on a lord, but your buddy watns to field a carnosaur lord and can't because you insist on makeing him greenstuff weapons on it, something he cant do. just let him buy his models and play and enjoy the game, rather than slapping some arbitrary unfun rule so he feels inadaquate.

Let him tell you "this guy has a sword and a shield" rather than trying to trim metal bits off and add stuff. If someone told me i couldn't field my general becuase "his sword doesnt look magical" i'd call him a tool to his face. lighten up.

Okay, you got me, I don't have enough money to do all those things, but i'm resourceful. Hell, Killboss gets marginally more money than I do - not only that, but I live just with my mum, and 2 siblings, so she actually does a pretty good job at supporting us, considering my "great" father hasn't payed a cent of child support.
Also, I never insisted he greenstuffed a weapon - I would never make him - I'd expect him to eventually get it done, but I'd let him play games with it if it wasn't fully built or something. Oh, also, I wasn't suggesting he model a great spear or anything, just A spear. I was implying that it would be unfair for his Chief to magically have an invisible spear.
Oh, considering the fact you're actually spiteful enough to call someone a tool to their face over a tabletop wargame, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have many friends.

Killboss
16-03-2009, 08:47
Ok, i can solve this (i think) this is sort of my fault, i didn't realise that he didnt know the kit came with a spear..... (again with that memory and the fact that he reads the whole WD) so i wanted help when i could have just used the spear and got myself a bad rep at the start....... how fantastic.

eyescrossed
16-03-2009, 09:01
Ok, i can solve this (i think) this is sort of my fault, i didn't realise that he didnt know the kit came with a spear..... (again with that memory and the fact that he reads the whole WD) so i wanted help when i could have just used the spear and got myself a bad rep at the start....... how fantastic.
Uh huh, don't assume things - as all Stephen King readers know, assume makes an ass out of you and me.

DarkstarSabre
16-03-2009, 09:11
...So ranting at us because the whole WYSIWYG rule actually -doesn't- apply in WFB and you were trying to make it a rule as such is....what exactly?

Apart from damn hilarious.

Seriously. WYSIWYG with magic items? Well considering most of them look exactly like their mundane equivalents and there's about two dozen variants of hand weapons alone....

Nicha11
16-03-2009, 09:26
Please Close this thread.

Killboss
16-03-2009, 09:29
I agree wiht Nicha11, this has going wrong.

Nicha11
16-03-2009, 09:38
I agree wiht Nicha11, this is going wrong.

Killboss since you started the thread you can close it, go to close thread in thread options (I think)

eyescrossed
16-03-2009, 10:24
Maybe Warseer is pretty good...
Oh, also, to everyone else, I was NOT insulting you.
Foegnasher, if I insulted you in any way, I assure you, I meant it.

Killboss
16-03-2009, 11:32
Killboss since you started the thread you can close it, go to close thread in thread options (I think)

Thanks, i ws used to the B&C system of mods doing that. It should be closed soon, unless i can't find where to do everthing and then, umm, i dunno :confused: