PDA

View Full Version : Hag Graef Slavetakers @ 2250pts

Your Mum Rang
14-03-2009, 19:30
Hi all. Here is my list and nothing more as I don't wanna bias anyone. Please offer some C&C to help me improve as I have a few ideas.

Right, after some thinking I plumped for this but am still open to suggestions on the list now you can see it finished. I have a few pts spare too!

Characters
Dreadlord: Sea Dragon Cloak - Shield - Armour of Eternal Servitude - 3 Null Talismans - Soul Render @ 244pts
Mistress BSB: Cold One - Heavy Armour - Shield - SDC - Lance - Hydra Banner @ 224pts

Core
18 Black Ark Corsairs: Full Command - Sea Serpent Standard @ 230pts
19 Black Ark Corsairs: Full Command - War Banner @ 240pts
5 Dark Riders: RxB's - Musician @ 117pts
5 Harpies @ 55pts
5 Harpies @ 55pts

Special
9 Cold One Knights: Full Command - Ring of Hotek - Standard of Slaughter @ 343pts
10 Shades: Great Weapons @ 180pts
10 Shades: Great Weapons @ 180pts

Rare:
4 Ironguts: Standard - Rune Maw @ 232pts

2217pts

Thanks in advance!

Makarion
14-03-2009, 21:06
I like it! No wasted characters. It might worth a consideration to drop the Shades to about 7 each and use those points (141 with your leftovers) to add a 10-man corsair unit with handbows. I know, people often consider the rxb infantry better, but for the theme alone, you should try it :).

By the way, I assume you plan to field the big corsair units 6 wide?

MalusCalibur
15-03-2009, 02:18
The one thing that concerns me is your magic defence. Sure, the Ring of Hotek is great, but at this points level I don't think it can be counted on solely. I think a Sorceress, even if just a level one scroll carrier, is neccesary here.

MalusCalibur

Your Mum Rang
15-03-2009, 12:24
I'm a big anti-caddy sorta person and the idea here was to have nothing but the Ring, some magic resistance and a bit of luck. I can increase the area-of-effect of the Ring using the Rune Maw and hopefully only leave the MR3 unit exposed.

Anyway, my main worry is the large CoK failing their stupidity but I guess that's the price I way. One thing I'd love to squeeze in is a Cauldron as it would boost the CoK, Ironguts and 6 x 3 Corsairs immensely. Hell, with all that potential I should take 2!!

MalusCalibur
15-03-2009, 19:10
Fair enough rationalisation regarding magic defence: though I think you will still struggle against indirect or buff magic that your Ring and MR can't help with.

Also, I have only just noticed the unit of 10 CoK's. It won't work: ranked cavalry works for Brettonians only. Lose just one knight (easy enough for an opponent to achieve) and there goes your back rank, becoming very expensive ablative wounds and nothing more.

MalusCalibur

Your Mum Rang
15-03-2009, 19:19
I was thinking along those lines. Would a total of 7 including characters be better?

Makarion
15-03-2009, 19:29
Actually, 12 knights might work, if you are willing to make it a points denail list - it's enough that a lost model won't cost you that rank, and you can actually use the fear autobreak occasionally.

truthsayer
15-03-2009, 21:14
drop 3 knights, leaving 6 (+master on cold one). drop a unit of shades and split the other into 2 units of 5. Get a cauldron. possibly even make the cauldron the bsb as the cauldron can give you the +1 attack when your knights charge. drop the hydra banner and give the master on cold one seal of ghrond and sword of might.

Dont know how many points this comes to but i think you can probably make a unit of shades to the 10 again.

Re-post your updated list!

Your Mum Rang
15-03-2009, 21:50
Here's my updated, updated list!

Okay, gone for a different direction and made the CoK less of a feature. This freed me up to add a CoB, some magic and some other units that will benefit from the Cauldron.

Characters
Sorceress: Lvl 4 - 2 Null Talismans - Lifetaker - Focus Familiar @ 345pts
- - - Okay, modest magic but will give me a shot at defense and offense. Plus she can shoot with my Shade firebase!
Hag: BSB - Cauldron @ 225pts
- - - Providing me with a BSB and the ability to boost several juicy targets.

Core
18 Black Ark Corsairs: Full Command - Sea Serpent Standard @ 230pts
18 Black Ark Corsairs: Full Command - Banner of Murder @ 230pts
- - - I love these minis and feel these two give me an excellent backbone.
5 Harpies @ 55pts
5 Harpies @ 55pts
- - - These guys will do what they always do; warmachine hunt, mage hunt and troubleshoot.

Special
6 Shades: Great Weapons @ 108pts
6 Shades: Great Weapons @ 108pts
- - - Troubleshooters, able to shoot and fight. These often go for things like Giants.
5 Cold One Knights @ 135pts
- - - Too expensive/risky to make a big feature of. Cheap and cheerful, these can benefit from the CoB, flank or suicide charge.
10 Shades @ 160pts
- - - The bodyguard for my Sorceress and able to lay down some pretty solid fire.

Rare:
4 Ironguts @ 192pts
- - - A hitty unit able to benefit from the CoB and also fluffy as these crew the Arks.
Hydra @ 175pts
- - - Another flexible unit that can benefit from the CoB and has TERROR! RAR!

2252pts

Overall I REALLY like this version and think it's balanced and flexible enough to take on all-comers.

truthsayer
15-03-2009, 22:02
sick!

love the list YMR!

im gonna steal it and use it if you dont mind! Nice to see that my influence helped (if it did that is?)

Its hilarious that the ironguts can benefit from the cauldron!

Oh and one more post from you mate and I believe you can change your title??

Your Mum Rang
15-03-2009, 22:55
Yeah thanks, your advice DID help me decide that the CoK are best left small and tbh, at that size they are at their most efficient.

I've stuck with mass Shades as they always work well (10 in a house is scary) and are flexible AND will look cool (gonna convert them from Corsairs!).

I'll try and get some practice games in.

Kalec
15-03-2009, 23:12
Swap the sorc lord for a slew of lvl 2s. I think you can squeeze in 3 with very minimal equipment.

fubukii
16-03-2009, 00:04
looks good, if you do decide to keep the large cok unit keep them at 9 sure the rank bonus will be gone but thats fine, run them 6 wide 4 in the back, they cause fear have Us2 and the more wounds it takes to diminish the effect of the hydra banner the better. i suggest the asf banner on the knights instead though.

cyberspite
16-03-2009, 02:08
I really like this list, mainly because its different, nice to see no black guard for a change and I never thought about putting ogres in there, might try that myself as I have the models from a WoC army. One small suggestion though, the banner of murder instead of the war banner on the corsairs would help them beat armour saves and probably get you at least the extra +1 cr anyway

Your Mum Rang
16-03-2009, 15:17
Ah I think I'll totally agree with you on that one. Will make the change now via edit.

XXL
16-03-2009, 19:34
where is the lord with the ward?! :eek:

Your Mum Rang
16-03-2009, 19:53
Haha... exactly the point of my list... to be a little different.

Your Mum Rang
18-03-2009, 11:35
Serial post yay!

What's everyone opinion on me including Ironguts and on them recieving the bonuses from the Cauldron?

cyberspite
18-03-2009, 15:01
genius! not everyone likes allies but I wouldn't mind playing them

Your Mum Rang
18-03-2009, 16:20
So I am allowed to use them in my army with no DoW slot?

g0ddy
18-03-2009, 16:48
Ogres are a grey area arent they?

The normal DoW restrictions are covered in the DoW book, doesnt the ogre book make mention to them taking a DoW slot?.

I am not sure if this was ever resolved or not...

~ Zilla

selone
18-03-2009, 17:38
I'm not sure DoW are legal play anymore in other armies lists. I certainly wouldn't use them in any army book that didn't say I could take DoW's. Some people still use them in army book's that say they can use DoW's.

g0ddy
18-03-2009, 21:08
Selone : Dogs of War are perfectly legal to use, the dogs of war rules tell you how/whom and when you can include which units in which armies.

Ogres are a different matter :S

~ zilla

selone
18-03-2009, 21:44
Really? Are you sure? You can use a generic DoW unit like say pikemen in any army list?