PDA

View Full Version : dark eldar troubles

damz451
11-12-2005, 20:21
i got a fairly good dark eldar army, but theres one big problem, how do i transport the dam raiders and ravagers???, gw skimmers are usually pretty badly designed and snap but dark eldar units are much higher and more fragile than land speeders, tau and eldar vehicles :(, any suggestions?

ArtificerArmour
11-12-2005, 21:00
that's actually the one thing stopping me from playing a dark eldar wych cult, the vehicles are fragil, just like the troops they carry. a shame.

RampagingRavener
11-12-2005, 21:14
Box each one seperatly, wrap it in bubble wrap, and prey you don't bash them. Really, thats the best I've come up with...:(

damz451
11-12-2005, 21:23
i got 5 raiders and 2 ravagers, i cld use my car to transport them but my store is near the town centre and have to pay a fortune in parking tickets

Orbital
11-12-2005, 21:24
I'd get some Celfort styrofoam and glue together several layers to create a "cube" of sorts, cutting a hole in each layer as I added it to fit the Raider/Ravager in. I would also line the "hole" in the foam with some soft fabric (like velvet) so that there's little friction against the edges and detail. A soft cotton string looped under the model with the ends out the top would allow you to lift the skimmer out of the foam when you want it (rather than digging into the tight space with your fingers or grabbing the model by its extremities and yanking).

It would take a lot of work to do this, I realize, and I sure wish I had something better in mind for you... but I do think it'd serve the purpose and, if it were me, the first priority would be "keep the model safe", and everything else would be secondary. I built something like this for my Eldar tanks and, while they aren't anywhere near as fragile as the DE stuff, it works really well for me.

Not a perfect solution, but I think it'd do the trick. Shame you have to go to this much trouble, though.

damz451
12-12-2005, 00:24
hmmm that still sounds it requires a lot of work and still not perfect for mounted armies. i managed to find a site where the guy uses magnets to join together the tail and body of the raider/ravager so it could be placed in a flat ground.

damz451
12-12-2005, 00:25
heres the link http://www.geocities.com/danrmoorepa/40K/DE/Raider/TC/FullConversion.html

Mikari
12-12-2005, 20:50
Use magents and a cardboard box. The magnets will hold them against the bottom of the box if done correctly.

Orcdom
13-12-2005, 13:09
speaking of magnets, i have based all of my BFG with magnets on/in the flying stem and under the ships.

also with the DE you could remove the bigger fins and magnetize them for reassembly then just use a pistol case and probly get 2 flat raiders in.
a friend just transports his in a shallow box. and is carefull.

Steve