PDA

View Full Version : Starter Paint Set

Flea
11-12-2005, 21:34
HI, I dunno if this is the right place for this, but it seems to fit.

Basically, do they still sell the starter paint sets with the chaos warriors for practice? If so, how much.

I've got a friend who is trying to get into the hobby, and I think this as a christmas present may give him the extra incentive to play.

aakurtz
11-12-2005, 21:53
At my store they do.. but the box is covered in dust and the warrior models look old and jank. I think the newer one has empire archers... but then again... dont buy GW paint. Come on man, we let them get us with their GW prices on models cause we dont have a choice, but you can get paints anywhere. At my local art supply shop i get almost the same paints for 1/4th the price.

Flea
11-12-2005, 21:56
Hehe, what kind of paints are the GW ones? Or what kind are best, acrylic?

And then I need to find an artstore. I know of none in my area.

General Samuel of the 101
11-12-2005, 22:02
good,easy to use paint it is!

Insane Alex
12-12-2005, 04:19
I generally use GW paint because other paints don't seem to "melt" into the model so well. Maybe it's just my painting style.

Hal
12-12-2005, 07:46
I've used several types of paint, and have found that GW paints give the best value. Vallejo is good, but not up my alley. Tamiya paints are worth avoiding like the plague!

~Hal~

SuperBeast
12-12-2005, 10:53
I've used several types of paint, and have found that GW paints give the best value. Vallejo is good, but not up my alley. Tamiya paints are worth avoiding like the plague!
~Hal~
...with the exception of tamiya clear red.
Best fresh blood effect you will get out of any paint, ever. IMO.
But agreed, the rest of the range is pants.

Crube
12-12-2005, 10:59
For someone Starting out in the GW hobby, i personally think the GW paints ar ethe best choice. All references in Painting guides are made to them, and they are generally easy to use, whilst not being TOO OTT in terms of price.

The idea of buying a paintset to get someone involved is great, however, i think they have been replaced... with the Hobby starter set at 25. You can still get a paint set, but no minis from what i can tell.

Why not let him have a few of your old plastic ones for practice...

GW current paints etc cna he found here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=300952&orignav=300810)