PDA

View Full Version : Isengard 1000 points (WoTR)

Crovax20
15-03-2009, 13:21
Lurtz

Formation Uruk-hai Phalanx, 4 companies, captain
Formation Uruk-hai warriors, 4 companies, banner and drummer (Lurtz goes here)

Sharku's wargriders, 5 companies with shields

Vrasku's Talons, 2 companies
Isengaurd troll
Uruk-hai Ballista

I don't have the exact point value's since I wrote the list at the games workshop store and managed to forget to actually take the list with me, but this should be just below 1000 points give or take a company

Dragon Prince of Caledor
15-03-2009, 16:35
Only four formations? I dont know if thats small or not to be honest :) I dont like the idea of an isengard troll because they didnt exist as far as I know :P Anywho Good list let us know how she goes!

Crovax20
15-03-2009, 18:48
well its 35 a pop for a company. Uruk-hai are pretty elitish.

rcal13
16-03-2009, 04:28
take the troll they are a must monster have a 360 charge arc and you can use them to get flank and rear charges and the strike first.

MORDOR RULER42
16-03-2009, 08:28
Lurtz

Formation Uruk-hai Phalanx, 4 companies, captain
Formation Uruk-hai warriors, 4 companies, banner and drummer (Lurtz goes here)

Sharku's wargriders, 5 companies with shields

Vrasku's Talons, 2 companies
Isengaurd troll
Uruk-hai Ballista

I don't have the exact point value's since I wrote the list at the games workshop store and managed to forget to actually take the list with me, but this should be just below 1000 points give or take a company
What do you think is a good mordor army?i have 80,please reply.

MORDOR RULER42
16-03-2009, 08:30
take the troll they are a must monster have a 360 charge arc and you can use them to get flank and rear charges and the strike first.

I know!there awesome at clobbering away cavalry and infantry!

lorelorn
16-03-2009, 11:18
What do you think is a good mordor army?i have 80,please reply.

start a separate thread for this

The isenguard list looks good to me, though I can't comment on the ballista as I have no idea what it does in wotr. The rest looks fine. I think time will tell whether you want small formations or fewer large formations in this game. Certinaly every army will benefit from the combined arms approach - take some shooting, infantry and cavalry and have them working together, which is what you have here. The troll is gravy, his job is to hunt and kill enemy cav.