PDA

View Full Version : 40k Radio...Wheres Phil?

101st Vostroyan
15-03-2009, 19:23
On the 40k Radio website, there is no more Phil. Anyone know where hes gone to, or why hes gone?

Rick Blaine
15-03-2009, 19:26
There was never anyone named Phil on 40k Radio. Do not bring it up again.

evilsponge
15-03-2009, 19:30
Due to personal choices that he made, Phil is no longer a part of 40K Radio.
We wish him well in his endeavors.

He is no longer on the forum and his email will no longer work.

There will not be any details given as to why this is, so please do not ask.
-----------------

That's the best answer you are going to get

Scryer in the Darkness
15-03-2009, 19:35
Arthur Dent: I wonder what'll happen if I press this button.
Ford Prefect: Don't.
Arthur Dent: (presses it) Oh.
Ford Prefect: What happened?
Arthur Dent: A sign lit up saying "Please do not press this button again".

Hlokk
15-03-2009, 19:44
Do not bring it up again.
Dude, your not a mod. Its really not cool talking to people like that.

Can a mod shift this to 40k general or other GW?

philbrad2
15-03-2009, 19:48
Moving to 40K General

PhilB
:chrome:

Laser guided fanatic
15-03-2009, 19:50
wth is everyone talking about?

Brimstone
15-03-2009, 19:57
wth is everyone talking about?

Phil one of the founding hosts of 40K Radio (http://www.40kradio.com/) has left the podcast.

It's a shame but things change in life.

Kaihlik
15-03-2009, 20:18
Dude, your not a mod. Its really not cool talking to people like that.I think he was joking, a kind of government denial type thing.

bugbait_nz
16-03-2009, 00:40
There was never anyone named Phil on 40k Radio. Do not bring it up again.

This is a Jedi mind trick!

This is not the Phil your looking for . . .

decker_cky
16-03-2009, 00:52
I think it was more a 1984ish doublethink kind of reference...

101st Vostroyan
16-03-2009, 03:26
thats too bad. I was just wondering, no reason to get defensive(or angry)...*Rick Blaine*...Or if you were just joking, then sorry for falsly accusing you.:D

Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong spot, it seemed like a fitting place...I think...

Frep
16-03-2009, 04:05
WTF! What is going on with all my indirect hobby related entertainment, first TSOALR is shutting down, then podhammer and now Phil is gone from 40K radio. Sigh....I don't suppose theres a chance of him ever coming back is there? Probably the same as Squats coming back....crap

Thud
16-03-2009, 06:13
Sucks. :(

Phil was my favourite of the lot.

techman
16-03-2009, 06:33
Probably the same as Squats coming back....crap

Actually I remember hearing from a friend that he saw something on BOLS that there are rumors of squats returning (chance is low though...it was a while ago)

Well this sucks that phil's gone......maybe I'll hear something when the show releases..missed live show.

Arador
16-03-2009, 07:45
Frankly, I'd rather have Squats than Phil.

taffeh
16-03-2009, 10:22
If you didnt listen to the live show on Saturday night (1 oclock in the morning for us hard-core brits! yarr!) there is an announcement at the start of this weeks podcast unless Spence has edited it.

Us Freebootaz found out a few days previous and I think its still a bit shocking. Phil was a good laugh. Now its going to be just Spence and Scott with 'special guests' dropping in from week to week -> this week was Jar Jar

techman
16-03-2009, 13:30
Is that all they told us? I understand if you werent supposed to tell.

It seemed last couple episodes they've been bashing on phil, but it didnt seem any more than normal to me.

101st Vostroyan
17-03-2009, 18:26
Maybe they broke up. not to be diving into other peoples business because, frankly, I think that if they havent said anything as to why, then it must be something we shouldnt know, being there personal business and all what goes on in their lives.:D

GuyLeCheval
17-03-2009, 20:31
Uhm..., which Phil do you mean?

taffeh
17-03-2009, 20:38
Thats all we know, and all I want to know to be honest!

If your out there Phil, it was an honour [see you yanks! we spell it right! :P] to listen to u, I feel like I've lost a mate although never talked to u and hope you appear on the 40k internet scene in the future.

*Raises pint glass to Phil, Spence and Scott for being a great show to listen to

chronicfathead
19-03-2009, 21:32
I'm curious to know why he has been banned from the Freebootaz. It all sounds like there was a major bust up, possibly because Phil's normal work was taking up too much of his time, and he was not making all the shows. Something nasty went down and Spencer's keeping it under wraps.

Phil, if your reading this, we love you man! I used to enjoy what you brought to the show. Lost, but never forgotten.

I'd love for Phil to turn up on another podcast to explain what happened.

GuyLeDouche
28-03-2009, 21:26
I'm curious to know why he has been banned from the Freebootaz.

There's quite a difference between leaving the show and being banned. What makes you believe it's the latter?

murekhalir
03-04-2009, 16:57
phil was having disagreements with spencer.

i heard that 40k Radio was signed up as a NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.

Phil didn't recieve any money from 40k Radio at all.

To my calculations, based on the freebootaz, and advertisers - the site nets about 25k a year. (more lik 27.5k).

Which is just grossly over the top for any 40k related website.

Its to my belief that money played a role.

There was an arguement, and phil left.

this info was recieved by someone who was a friend to phil.

oni
03-04-2009, 17:41
phil was having disagreements with spencer.

i heard that 40k Radio was signed up as a NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.

Phil didn't recieve any money from 40k Radio at all.

To my calculations, based on the freebootaz, and advertisers - the site nets about 25k a year. (more lik 27.5k).

Which is just grossly over the top for any 40k related website.

Its to my belief that money played a role.

There was an arguement, and phil left.

this info was recieved by someone who was a friend to phil.

If this is true I hope that Spencer puts that $ back into 40K Radio to help it grow and become better.

Kirasu
03-04-2009, 18:59
Never speak of Phil.. never speak of the squats

Poor squats, they never made any money :(

Grotsnik
03-04-2009, 19:06
Who is this Phil???
An anyone that wants squats only has to eat some greasy mexican food. ;)

razormasticator
03-04-2009, 19:11
That may be the case but they just had major bandwidth issues a few episodes back and were in danger of losing the site etc. if they didnt raise the cost of freebotaz and the subsricption etc.

I liked phil alot myself, I do like spencer... but I think Scott is an ******. I dont care for him much.

bugbait_nz
03-04-2009, 22:51
I always thought it was Phil getting sick of all of the crap that comes out of Spencers month, now all of the personal attacks are directed at Scott, wonder how long it will be before Scott gets tired of it and leaves. Maybe Spencer thinks its funny, I dont, I think he over does it IMHO, my fav 40k pod is now Dice like thunder, (http://www.dicelikethunder.com/) wont be long before I stop listening to 40kRadio.

starlight
03-04-2009, 22:59
Poor squats, they never made any money :(

Just another piece of misinformation that keeps circulating. Squats died because the Studio didn't like the way they were developing and didn't have a plan they felt good about, not because they didn't sell (which they did).

murekhalir
06-04-2009, 04:35
That may be the case but they just had major bandwidth issues a few episodes back and were in danger of losing the site etc. if they didnt raise the cost of freebotaz and the subsricption etc.

I liked phil alot myself, I do like spencer... but I think Scott is an ******. I dont care for him much.

true - however bandwith does not cost 25k USD.

You can by your own server with that much and super connection, and then a crap load of extra wahoos.

not even warseer - costs that much to run.

(website hosting isn't cheap, and neither is warseers - i'm merely stating.. it doesnt even cost warseer 25k to maintain).

but who knows ;P.

Ozeor
06-04-2009, 07:36
Actually i heard it was about money too, and if i had a "friend" that insulted me everyshow i sure as hell wouldnt be doing no 40kradio. Nothing is worth a personal attack on you every 10seconds. At first i was listening to 40k radio and thought it was great, I have since stopped listening, It's kinda pointless now.

Staurikosaurus
06-04-2009, 07:55
I think Spencer does rag on Scott too often during the show. For the amount of **** Scott puts up with, Spencer could be run up one side and down the other for the number of mistakes he makes during the show as well. I check the show out regularly but I am getting sick of Spencer's attitude toward his other co-hosts.

I prefer the D6G and Podhammer personally. (Shame about Jeff - chin up and hopefully things improve for you soon)

Ravens Claw
06-04-2009, 08:53
Wheres Phil?

proximity
06-04-2009, 10:24
I always thought it was Phil getting sick of all of the crap that comes out of Spencers month, now all of the personal attacks are directed at Scott, wonder how long it will be before Scott gets tired of it and leaves. Maybe Spencer thinks its funny, I dont, I think he over does it IMHO, my fav 40k pod is now Dice like thunder, (http://www.dicelikethunder.com/) wont be long before I stop listening to 40kRadio.

I actually love how the guys rib each other (and it is reciprocal, for every jibe at scotts girth, theres a comment regarding krylon and necrons, or a tauriffic just to rile him up) - as its exactly how every social group I belong to interact with each other when we know each other well.

Our gaming group? We rip the hell out of each other.
My work mates? We rip the hell out of each other.
People I've been friends with since I was a 5 year old? Again, we rip the hell out of each other.

Brimstone
06-04-2009, 10:29
I think this thread is heading into ground we don't want discussing on Warseer not to mention the personal attacks against others.

As a result this thread is now closed

The Warseer Inquisition