PDA

View Full Version : cant get hold of any cav movement trays for war of the ring !!

bolleblade
16-03-2009, 13:05
just a quick one , any body else found it hard to get hold of any of the new cav movement tray i cant even get any from my local games workshop !

lotrchampion
16-03-2009, 13:28
Yep, sorry, they're selling like hot cakes everhwere. Have patience, or order them online. Either way, you should be able to get them before the 4th. Whats the rush?

stonehorse
16-03-2009, 13:36
The Movement Trays are nice, but very gimicky, as long as you have the correct measurements you can make them yourself at a fraction of the price.

Dogui
16-03-2009, 13:50
Yep, I just made about 6 cavalry trays and about a dozen infantry ones for almost nothing. I actually like it better the way the figures look on a regular base (lots of pics with homemade bases on the GW site). The plastic bases make the whole company look kind of "blocky" with itīs height and all.

Chris_Tzeentch
16-03-2009, 13:55
My local GW has totally sold out, which is a tad irritating.

bolleblade
16-03-2009, 14:16
yeah i could make em but im pressed 4 time only just get time 2 play ! and mr champion im always in a rush to get stuff lol

lorelorn
17-03-2009, 00:48
It may be temporarily disappointing that you can't find bases (sure GW can order them for you?) but I think it's a good sign. The same thing happened here, the bases sold out within a couple of days of coming in. GWs around my city sold about 300 bags in 3 days.

This says to me there is a lot of interest out there for this game, the rules aren't even available yet and people are still happy to buy bases by the dozen, just to get ready for it.

Crovax20
17-03-2009, 12:45
I can't get any infantry bases.. cavalry bases enough though, they seem to not sell so fast. Guess nobody is starting a rohan army here xD

Godswildcard
17-03-2009, 13:30
I can't get any bases, calvary or infantry. Here's hoping that this is a good sign of things to come. Our store doesn't even carry LotR on the shelves anymore becuase of lack of interest. Maybe WotR will change that.

Whitehorn
17-03-2009, 13:32
Traders can't even buy them yet...

Godswildcard
17-03-2009, 14:04
Traders as in independent retailers? My FLGS has had several shipments (it seems to be the only thing they want to carry in LOTR) but they all sell out (I have seen the remnants...ONE package of calvary bases, which helps me not at all!)

scbday
17-03-2009, 14:54
If you're in the UK, then TSS (www.totalsystemscenic.com) are also making movement trays suitable for War of the Ring. At the moment they've got infantry, cavalry and bolt thrower company bases available.
Slightly more than GW (at Ģ1 each rather than 83p each), but very nice and made of tough resin.

bringerofdecay
17-03-2009, 20:45
can't get either at the two shops i go to :(

Master Stark
17-03-2009, 22:55
My local store sold his order within a week, less than a quarter of the time he expected to sell them in.

boomgoose
18-03-2009, 02:56
I actually really like the special bases and don't believe they add much, if any, to the figures height at all. Once the base drops in its hole its just about its regular height. They seem very handy.

bringerofdecay
18-03-2009, 09:01
the basing material my local stores have been using seems to come off of these new bases fairly easily though :/ might be worth cleaning them before hand

lorelorn
18-03-2009, 09:11
Went into my local GW today to pick up some more Easterlings; it seems that Australia has sold out of the infantry bases, and only a few cavalry bases remain.

zedeyejoe
21-03-2009, 23:04
I have made my own, thin MDF cut to size. Faced with green steel paper and then any of my magnetically based figures can be used. Round or square bases, all are welcome!

Chris_Tzeentch
22-03-2009, 10:07
This tends to suggest that this game is going to sell really well. From my point of view, it interests me way more than the original LotR game ever did.

isaac
22-03-2009, 10:50
In the local GW store I saw them using plasticard(?) roughly the same size of the tray and it was painted and flocked. They put the models on it and it seemed to work better than the trays (easier to take out)

Mr_Rose
22-03-2009, 11:47
Why would you want them to be easier to take out? One of the principal virtues of these new trays with the recesses is that you can plonk a company on a sloped surface and not have half the bastards fall over.

As for the dearth of Infantry bases, WotR is almost certainly facing some decent competition from (Daemons of) Chaos (Daemons) players wanting to play 40K and WFB using the same minis.

zedeyejoe
22-03-2009, 19:16
One of the principal virtues of these new trays with the recesses is that you can plonk a company on a sloped surface and not have half the bastards fall over.

And with magentically based figures you could even turn the movement tray upside down

these are metal figures and still don't slide off