PDA

View Full Version : Cathay project updates- 5.0 beta release and independant updates

therisnosaurus
03-05-2005, 07:59
Hello, This is Thereisnosaurus of the Canberra Cathay Project. This is just a post to update you on proceedings to see if you are interested in helping with the tail end of the project, whether that be in the art, playtesting or simply feedback department.

here are the current list of in progress/completed projects.
Warhammer armies Cathay: version 5.0 was released this week and addresses and fixes hundreds of complaints and ideas we have recieved. The list has been submitted to several playtest games and has performed well so far but is still far from complete. The 5.0 booklet also includes a diverse array of concept and inspirational art from our very own talented art team.
Shigaion vampires: based around the mysterious 6th bloodline and the terracotta army, the Shigaion are a line of oriental vampires who use the darker spirits of nature and death to create armies of shambling mudmen and creatures of stone. powerful mages with a twisted link to the earth, they are currently our second most advanced project. the current format is as a variant vampire counts list and has yet to be playtested
Beasts of Cathay: specificaly the beasts that haunt the Song-Jian jungles of southern cathay, this variant list is a tzeentch only beasts of cathay variant based around feline rather than bovine beasts. the list features the ability to use mortal champions to lead beasts and gives the beasts more ambush based abilities, but restricts larger monsters and cross choosing from the mortal/beast lists.
Warriors of the Orient: Individual dogs of war regiments. so far we have two in concept stages- karanok's flayers- a beast DOW unit and the Onashu guard, a nipponese regiment of martimers embittered by constant battles with the dark elves.

If any of the above interests you or you want to get back into the project after you left, please feel free to contact me (also feel free to do so if you want a copy of any of the above projects). Also, for convenience reasons, we have created a forums for our playtesters and artists at
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Cathay_Project_Main/
so feel free to drop by and have a chat.

If you don't want to recieve any further updates, just give me a yell and I'll cut you from the list
Thanks for your time
Thereisnosaurus, Cathay Project head developer and Liason
--
The Cathay Project, building an empire for WHFB
Join us and realise just how big the world really is!
Cathayhub@gmail.com

Inquisitor DreaxIV
06-05-2005, 11:40
Beasts of Cathay: specificaly the beasts that haunt the Song-Jian jungles of southern cathay, this variant list is a tzeentch only beasts of cathay variant based around feline rather than bovine beasts. the list features the ability to use mortal champions to lead beasts and gives the beasts more ambush based abilities, but restricts larger monsters and cross choosing from the mortal/beast lists.

Actually all marks will be able to be used :p Just thought id tell you.

I encourage all to check out this project by checking the link because we could always use more artists and playtesters and its a great relaxed online community with a great development team working to make the best independant army list + fluff.

And TINS, ill be borrowing your sig so i can advertise :p