PDA

View Full Version : where have all the bits gone? or, Terminator woes

16-03-2009, 20:50
it is totally **** that GW doesnt sell bits anymore likethey used to.

so i got these black reach terminators that are useless and i want to make them into assault terminators.

problem is i cant find 5 thunder hammers and 5 storm shields anywhere on the internet.

why does GW cripple thier own fan base like this?

so my question is does ANYONE have any suggestions as to how i can make this work.

either where can i get these bits or make them or convert them or anything?

any knowledge would rock

the_reaper
16-03-2009, 20:52
errm, isnt there a hammer and shield (metal) bitz pack on the website?

If not there are loads of bitz websites http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/page/1?shop_param= thats just one

-reaper

Lord Damocles
16-03-2009, 21:09
A simple conversion. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1400033&rootCatGameStyle=)

Alternatively... (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1400008&prodId=prod1060025&rootCatGameStyle=)

fluffystuff
16-03-2009, 21:16
Just buy a box of terminators. You then have an assault cannon, heavy flamer and cyclone missile launcher to distribute between the AOBR terminators and the box you've just bought. Making 2 complete squads with variable weapon upgrades.

Bookwrak
16-03-2009, 21:24
problem is i cant find 5 thunder hammers and 5 storm shields anywhere on the internet.

You... fail at searching. Seriously. It took me 30 seconds to find thunder hammers and storm shields, both on the GW website and Battle Wagon bits.

Try a little harder before having a snit fit next time.

boogle
16-03-2009, 21:27
Foiund them pretty easy to be honest, always look in the collectors and bits sections

victorpofa
17-03-2009, 20:31
They are very easy to find if you do even a basic search. In the US the Warstore and Bit Kingdom sell them to name just two of many.

Lungboy
17-03-2009, 20:35
Aren't the ones on the GW site PA rather than TDA though? They are left handed and look too skinny.

Norsehawk
17-03-2009, 20:47
The ones on the GW site are left handed thunder hammers on power armor arms.

Iverald
17-03-2009, 21:03
Are you sure? Because when I got metal assault cannons when they were still available, they turned out smaller than the new lastic ones,so my money in on the hammers being TDA ones.

Necrothrall
17-03-2009, 21:07
they are the left handed power armoured ones. I bought them for my brother last week.

LittleLeadMen
17-03-2009, 22:29
"why does GW cripple thier own fan base like this?"

How is GW crippling their fan base? They sell these bits, as well as full close combat terminator box sets that include the parts to build thunder hammer terminators. Additionally, there are many independent 3rd party bits sellers. So, how are they crippling you again?

phoenixlaw
17-03-2009, 22:34
OT I am starting 40k at the moment - Why are the ones from Black Reach useless ?

isidril93
17-03-2009, 22:34
damn it...should have bought those before i stuck the arms on my aobr termies!!!

ah well

isidril93
17-03-2009, 22:35
OT I am starting 40k at the moment - Why are the ones from Black Reach useless ?

they're not useless but they come with out any special weapons and a shooty termie squad (esp BT one as those can have 2 heavies if im not mistaken) need them

Narf
17-03-2009, 23:27
you also seem to actually have to search using the search bar on the GW site, as i just had a quick snoop round and they dont actually show up if you just use the "bits" section

gojira316
17-03-2009, 23:57
Those Thunder Hammer bits from the GW site are Power Armor. I've used them before and they're great bits but they will be far too small on your Terminators. Just use TheWarStore, they sell all manner of GW plastic bits. You'll be able to find what you want there.

Lord Damocles
18-03-2009, 18:11
Aren't the ones on the GW site PA rather than TDA though? They are left handed and look too skinny.

The ones on the GW site are left handed thunder hammers on power armor arms.

they are the left handed power armoured ones. I bought them for my brother last week.

Those Thunder Hammer bits from the GW site are Power Armor. I've used them before and they're great bits but they will be far too small on your Terminators. Just use TheWarStore, they sell all manner of GW plastic bits. You'll be able to find what you want there.

Well...

You could just cut them at the elbow,and attach them to a similarly cut plastic Terminator arm.
Then remove the Storm Bolter from the other Terminator arm, and attach the Storm Shield.

Job's a Good 'um (hence, 'a simple conversion') ;)

Grazzy
18-03-2009, 18:14
AoBR termies are not useless, just add a heavy weapon from a bitz provider and you are good to go.

TH/SS termies are better, especially in a landraider crusader, but normal termies are still powerful. Try a full 10 man squad with 2 cyclones combined with a libbie with gate - a helluva lot of shots and powerfists in the middle of the enemies army.

grissom2006
18-03-2009, 18:22
if your a dark angels or black templars player you get new shoulder pads to cover the shoulder and also i seem to recall the terminators box always leaves you more shoulder pads than needed

Bookwrak
19-03-2009, 20:55
Huh, I saw the crux terminatus pads that came with them, and assumed it was meant for termies. What other unit could you field that would need 5x Thunder hammers and shields?

ctsteel
19-03-2009, 22:30
I'm pretty sure that pack of five metal hammers is for the older metal terminators, hence it being smaller and more equivalent to power armour in size. But it is (was) terminator armour.

Freakiq
19-03-2009, 22:57
I'm pretty sure that pack of five metal hammers is for the older metal terminators, hence it being smaller and more equivalent to power armour in size. But it is (was) terminator armour.

The hammers are from the Iron Hands boxed set.

victorpofa
20-03-2009, 01:24
Veterans need Crux Terminatus as well so Thunder Hammer Sternguard! :evilgrin:

I am glad it has been confirmed that they are PA sized arms, but since the shoulder pads were separate I assumed as much. Metal Termies had the shoulder pads molded on the arms.

The real question is can the metal Storm Shields attach to the current standard plastic arms?