PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch Kill-team

Captain Shrike
16-03-2009, 21:51
I am currently building a Deathwatch Kill-team of 3 Astartes, and I was wondering if I could feasibly use this in a game? My opponents don't mind, they kit all their guys out with Inferno rounds and power weapons, just wondering what everyone here thought. Thanks.

kaled
16-03-2009, 22:40
To be honest, you probably won't find many people around here who'd want to play against a Deathwatch Kill-team. Astartes are extremely powerful in Inquisitor, way more powerful than most characters people here tend to use.

Personally, I think that by using a Deathwatch Kill-team you're robbing yourself of the best thing about Inquisitor - the chance to use character archetypes who you wouldn't see in games of 40k. Space Marines are ten a penny in 40k, so IMHO it's more fun to explore the universe away from the front lines - hence why my collection includes things like Administratum Adepts, an aged mutant savant, a Haemovore Cultist, a gunfighter infected with the Obliterator virus, Navy Officers, an astropath etc - all things you don't really see in 40k.

But if your friends don't mind, then it doesn't really matter what we think.

Out of curiousity, are you building them at 54mm? Are you reposing them? Or are you going for a conga line of identically posed marines?

Captain Shrike
17-03-2009, 08:02
I've sculpted the arm onto basic marines with GS, so that they are only holding bolters. I then re-sculpted the legs. Oh, and I've only used them really in big, character fights. The one against a Greater Daemon and a horde of lesser daemons was a blast!

kaled
17-03-2009, 13:34
Oh, and I've only used them really in big, character fights. The one against a Greater Daemon and a horde of lesser daemons was a blast!Have you got pictures of your kill-team and these daemons?

Captain Shrike
17-03-2009, 18:44
Sure, I'll borrow the guy's camera who took them and get them up. The big daemon was the FW one. It works really well with Inquisitor models. However, I lost, I was swamped by daemons and the bloodthirster knocked the head off my sergeant. Still, great fun.

Ambience 327
18-03-2009, 17:33
Well, that's obviously because Deathwatch are supposed to fight aliens, not Daemons! :D

I scratch built a Grey Knight Terminator some years back, and he took part in a scenario similar to the one you describe, only as an NPC who was dispatched to assist one of two opposing Inquisitor bands once the big bad Daemon Prince (portrayed by a Spawn action figure) was released from his bonds and slaughtered the warband of the Inquisitor trying to bind him to a Daemon Weapon. It was quite fun, and was the only time I actually scratch-built a model specifically for a single scenario.

You can check out the Grey Knight Terminator (including his Character Sheet) by clicking here (http://www.geocities.com/mforish/inquisitor/grey_knight.html). He isn't the fanciest model ever, but I was pretty proud of him back in the day, and he definately served his purpose.

(My apologies if the site becomes unavailable - it is a Geocities site, and so the bandwidth is throttled to a certain limit each hour. If it goes down, and you really want to see it, just check back later.)