PDA

View Full Version : Do you know who painted these models?

Dr Cuddles
16-03-2009, 21:59
I have some old pictures of some Eldar models that a guy from ebay did awhile ago, and I was wondering if anyone knew who he was?

FeetOfClay
16-03-2009, 22:11
Sorry I cant help you with the painters name, but man, those things are beauties! I would love to be able to paint like that.

Silentexile
16-03-2009, 23:36
Well, the 2nd Falcon has the Eye of Isha extremely well painted on it, so they must be Ulthwe grav vehicles. I don't have a clue who painted them but that should give you something to search for.

P.S. I would LOVE to have those jetbikes in my Altansar army...

JustTony
17-03-2009, 00:11
I remember seeing those models on eBay awhile back. They went for a good bit if I remember correctly. Wish I could paint like that.

incarna
17-03-2009, 01:50
The second set of vehicles/bikes is sitting in a case at my local hobby store in Pittsburgh. You may be able to find who painted them by contacting the owner of Legions Hobbies and Games at;

http://www.legionsgames.com/phpBB3/

They do look nice indeed and, on occasion, they're taken out of the case to introduce new players to Eldar - I feel protective of the models so I don't EVER watch those games or I might not allow the new player - unaware of how much time and effort went into painting those models - to even touch the models he's playing with.

Blackmoor
17-03-2009, 04:20
The guy who painted them lived in North Georgia and sold all kinds of well painted vehicles on e-bay. He did business under the name: blacktopstudios

In the summer 2007 instead of selling already painted models, he started to take commissions that he promised to deliver in a month.

I purchased (commissioned) 2 harlequin painted falcons for around $200 and never heard from him again. He ended up stiffing a lot of people at the end when he fell off of the map.

I think he moved to Tenn because about 6 months ago I saw some vehicles bearing some of his very distinct paint style.

holmcross
17-03-2009, 04:33
Skulls?
Portraits?

This guy has an incredible hand (the vine effect is awesome, and I love the fire glyph), but I can't say the same thing about his tastes...

Dr Cuddles
17-03-2009, 04:35
wow that sucks. I had a deal going with him for a entire army painted like the second pic. 1750 Point of Eldar, he buys the models, paints them. Would have put me back about 700$. I ended up not going with Eldar, but wanted to see if he was still in business. Sucks that he ended up being a ripper.

Dr Cuddles
17-03-2009, 04:52
Well then. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking for their money back.

incarna
17-03-2009, 05:13
Skulls?
Portraits?

This guy has an incredible hand (the vine effect is awesome, and I love the fire glyph), but I can't say the same thing about his tastes...

Far be it from me to be critical of an individual who has more skill than I, but here goes. When you actually see those models up-close and personel, they look good, but are lacking in sound blending. The portraits look amazing from a distance but when you examine them, they don't hold up.

As I've been gaming at my hobey store for quite a while now and these models have been sitting in the case for the entire time, I'm sure he's worked on his blending technique since painting these.

Marshal Sinclair
17-03-2009, 07:40
People from all around the world... Somebody might know who put it up. I've hown pictures of stuff I picked up on ebay before, and had the guy who converted it PM me.

Cool_Mint
17-03-2009, 13:40
I'm not trying to be rude, but how on earth would someone know who painted something from ebay!?

There are only so many miniature & model painters on eBay and you get to recognize the individual style of some painters.