PDA

View Full Version : Card Ork Dread

TheBigBadWolf
16-03-2009, 23:38
Hey all,

I was rumaging around in a box full of old WD's and other paper GW material that I got of someone that wanted out of the hobby and I found a card ork dreadnought with the stats on the back, and for the life of me I cant remember where its from, I tried google but nothing came up.

Anybody out there more knowladgable about it (and is it worth anything :p)

count chocula
16-03-2009, 23:48
i believe it came with the 2nd war for Armageddon starters set. i don't think it is worth anything but you could always try.

Grimtuff
16-03-2009, 23:50
i believe it came with the 2nd war for Armageddon starters set. i don't think it is worth anything but you could always try.

Close, it came with the 40k 2nd edition starter box. ;)

Marshal Sinclair
16-03-2009, 23:58
You must now build an Ork army to use it with. Take it into a GW store and place it down as part of your dread mob. When they demand you take it off as only GW models are allowed you may smuggly proclaim that it is.

TheBigBadWolf
17-03-2009, 00:13
Close, it came with the 40k 2nd edition starter box. ;)

Thats it for the life of me I couldnt remember

You must now build an Ork army to use it with. Take it into a GW store and place it down as part of your dread mob. When they demand you take it off as only GW models are allowed you may smuggly proclaim that it is.

Well my ork army could do with a new dread ;)

the_picto
17-03-2009, 00:14

Then abuse the hell out the true LoS rules by advancing it sideways and hiding it behind individual trees.

Orcboy_Phil
17-03-2009, 00:17
Then abuse the hell out the true LoS rules by advancing it sideways and hiding it behind individual trees.

Oh dear, that made me laugth.

Ozybonza
17-03-2009, 00:22
I think it's be fantastic to take to a tournament. Maybe have some grots holding it up or something else on the base so you can't abuse LOS, then anyone who doesn't want to let you use it is just stuck up with no sense of humor.

It's be especially awesome if you had a few of them :D

TheBigBadWolf
17-03-2009, 00:37

lol sigged :D

blackroyal
17-03-2009, 00:56

I think the sad thing about this is someone might try to run this as a "tactic". Although I did laugh like all the posters above me.

Deus
17-03-2009, 03:23
Man, the image of grots holding up a card dread on a stick and yelling "get em' boys, the dread will save us!" has made my day.

zoggin-eck
17-03-2009, 11:50
The same we got the orc rock lobba and chariot (Grom the Paunch?) along with High Elf Griffon rider in Warhammer 4th edition.

Latro_
17-03-2009, 12:41
haha i remember that card dread, i think i even used it once!
Cant you imagine that kinda thing being shipped with a starter box now! Just goes to show how far GW have come with the likes of black reach.

Vic
17-03-2009, 16:59
Hey, I had that set when it first came out (still have the box, the card ork dread and the marines). There's also card stock terrain that I still have LOL

ToXiK
17-03-2009, 17:15
this takes me back wow i remember getting the box set this makes me want to go looking for all my minis before i stopped collecting like a year later now im back

ScooterinAB
17-03-2009, 20:07
Oh my god. That is so funny. I could just see a grot mob using it as a fluff (like a ninja in a hedge).

I remember the good ol' days of being 12 and using the card one because I couldn't afford a real dreadnought. Those were the days.