PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Autarch model inquiry

fracas
17-03-2009, 00:50
is this model still available?
it is not readily apparent to me on the US GW website.

Jasonswills
17-03-2009, 01:03
it was a special model with the army deal

MrGiggles
17-03-2009, 01:10
I believe it came with the old Eldar army box. Last place I saw one about was in the trade forum on Dakka Dakka, though that was some time ago. I'll leave it to the Eldar modelers to confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can make one with at least one of the Autarch kits if all you're looking for is the minimal loadout.

CaptainSenioris
17-03-2009, 01:14
They're right about it being from the Army deal.

I got one off ebay a while back, wouldn't part with it though.

warchild9
17-03-2009, 01:48
same here I got mine on ebay

golembane
17-03-2009, 02:42
I still have mine, unassembled in it's case in my bits box. It was a limited edition Autarch that came with the Eldar Army 4th edition Spearhead box set. This and the limited edition Bonesinger both released at the same time I believe(could be wrong about the timing though).

Now there are only four 'pre-made' autarchs. The Warping Spider/Scorpion, the Banshee/Hawk, Silver Spear, and Iyanden's Prince.

Poseidal
17-03-2009, 11:33
Special edition with the old spearhead. I don't think it's being cast any more, so it's going to be difficult to get hold of.

AFAIK the Bonesinger was a Gamesday mini and fetches an even higher price.

loveless
17-03-2009, 14:34
Special edition with the old spearhead. I don't think it's being cast any more, so it's going to be difficult to get hold of.

AFAIK the Bonesinger was a Gamesday mini and fetches an even higher price.

Army box, not spearhead - the two are different things. The last incarnation of the Eldar came out while they were still releasing Limited Edition Army Boxes with a new army. These included limited edition figures of varying quality (the Autarch and the Dark Angels Master were superb, the Empire Bright Wizard was...yes...). Then came the Age of Spearheads - boxes of all the new stuff that you could get ahead of time. Of course, no one realized that these weren't army boxes. This led to a number of nerd-raging fits that eventually led to GW scrapping the Spearheads (that combined with them not selling, so the "While They Last" section of the Online Store implies).

The Bonesinger was released as a special offer at around the same time the last Eldar Codex came out.

The deal was, buy a battleforce and Battle for Macragge (or a battalion and Battle for Skull Pass, or some LotR thing and Mines of Moria) and you get one of 3 special figures.
40K - Eldar Bonesinger
Fantasy - Night Goblin Fanatics
LotR - Gimli on Dead Uruk-Hai (I think...)

These were easy to get ahold of (one of my friends got the Fanatics because the LGS owner just threw it in with his O&G order for Fantasy), but are now succumbing to the curse of rarity. They probably go for about the same as Games Day minis, if not a bit less.

IJW
17-03-2009, 14:39
The Bonesinger was just a limited release - you could buy it on it's own.

Aegius
17-03-2009, 14:42
ok, most of you are in the right kind of area. As someone that worked for GW when the Eldar were released, I can reliably inform you that the Autarch pictured came with the Eldar army deal. These army deals would come out about a month before the codex hit the selves and would include a whole bunch of models, plus the codex a month early.

The bonesinger was not actually some sort of 'deal', but a limited edition direct sales only model. Some LGS' may have run them as part of a deal, but the truth is, it was a direct sales model. I actually managed to get hold of 4 of them. One I painted, I gave another one to a friend as a 'thank you' present and I still have 2 sat in their boxes along with the autarch that came with the army deal. Its a shame that they didn't release that autarch as a proper release, as it is the cheapest loadout for an eldar HQ that there is.

loveless
17-03-2009, 14:45
Eh, the Bonesinger was still available in the deal I mentioned - it was on the back of a poster included in a White Dwarf at the time. I'm thinking the Dark Angels one. If it was available seperately, it was "in addition to", not "instead of" the starter deal from that timeframe.

fracas
17-03-2009, 18:12
rats! i wanted that model.

thanks all.