PDA

View Full Version : Using the Death Korps

Lord Dan
17-03-2009, 01:12
So in Chapter approved 2003 there are some rules mentioned for using the Death Korps of Krieg. The rules essentially make all IG infantry units fearless and their Ld unchangeable for morale checks- all for no extra points. Here is my question(s):

1) Are these official rules?
2) If they were official, are they still? (It mentions in the front that they can be replaced by further Chapter Approved editions, and I haven't seen CA 2004-2008.)

On a related by separate note, is there any way to pick up those fantastic FW Death Korp models without taking out a second mortgage?

jstalker
17-03-2009, 01:15
Hey,
In the current imperial guard codex there are traits listed for the death korps, they also have rules in IA5: The seige of Vraks

Unfortunatly the CA2003 is pretty outdated infact for a different codex edition too i beleive so not really legal these days.

I dont think there is anyway to buy them cheap either, people tend to buy them above retail on ebay!

gamer2456
17-03-2009, 01:18
Forgeworld has an army list for the Death Korps in The Siege of Vraks volume 1 (Volume 2 has rules for Engineer squads). Their basically IG with the doctrines below, and they have some new officers and artillery units.

In the current IG codex give em the doctrines: -iron discipline, hardened fighters, die-hards, rough riders and storm troopers.

As for the forgeworld models, you can try buying the 50 man set of soldiers for the Gorgon vehicle. You'll have to cut them apart and maybe do a little extra model work to make em look right. But otherwise, they're pretty expensive.

warchild9
17-03-2009, 01:26
all resin army that is just beautiful but costly my friend has a around 3000 pts that cost a lot bucks plus the two rule books IA 5 and IA 6- all bought from FW and 1/4 of his order was out of stock and sent later a squad of ten men (inc sgt and flamer) is 33.30 in pounds so roughly about 60 us a squad

Lord Dan
17-03-2009, 01:32
Thanks for the insight, guys.

Yeah, I guess I should start saving now. I just wish I had the money on me right now, because with the weakened pound they "only" cost about $48 per squad.

warchild9
17-03-2009, 01:39
but I would wait for the new guard codex because right now I know the base Krieger is more pts a model than a regular IG

Lord Dan
17-03-2009, 01:41
That would be fantastic news. I hope they're 100 points a model so I only need to buy 20 of them. ;)