PDA

View Full Version : Kairos Fateweaver

Daemonvamp
17-03-2009, 10:33
Any ideas on models for this???

theunwantedbeing
17-03-2009, 10:35
Stick both heads on the lord of change.

Dont use the ultraforge model vrock....its fat and ugly and a truly terrible sculpt (in my personal opinion that I am entitled to).

Lord Khabal
17-03-2009, 10:37
As above but you will have to convert. Check out the ultraforge Vrock for an (Awesome) alternative!!!

StarFyre
17-03-2009, 12:26
I'm waiting for the FW lord of change, to convert him (ie. copy the head if it only comes with 1) and sculpt a 2nd neck, etc...

Sanjay

Da_Viking
17-03-2009, 15:46
Take a LOC model Assemble paint and protect coat as normal.

Take extra head from High Elf Dragon and assemble paint and Protect coat. (you are collecting High Elfs as well right? :D)

Drill and pin head.

Drill hole for pin in LOC.

Use blue tack to hold 2nd head in place.

Now you have a LOC single headed when you need it. A 2 headed version and Kairos.

One head facing forward (looking into the future) one head looking back (into the past).

Yes that is right it even meets the fluff lines.

Desert Rain
17-03-2009, 18:12
Wasn't there a picture of a Kairos model in the rumour section some months ago?

Drakcore Bloodtear
17-03-2009, 22:26
Here's a good modal http://www.the2blackdragons.com/ebay_minis/chaos/daemonen/grosse_daemonen/hw1.jpg

isidril93
17-03-2009, 22:37
that just spell GW sue me all over it (i mean comeon...a two headed birdy daemon)

too bad they prob wont
when was it released?

Orcboy_Phil
17-03-2009, 23:30
Use blue tack to hold 2nd head in place.

If your going to do I would really suggest you use magnets. Blue tack has a horrible tendency to fall off during games.

snyggejygge
17-03-2009, 23:34
Ehm that is a conversion company, they convert what you want, they don't make their own models, they buy GW stuff.

kairous
18-03-2009, 00:21
I'm waiting for the FW lord of change, to convert him (ie. copy the head if it only comes with 1) and sculpt a 2nd neck, etc...

Sanjay

pretty much what i was thinking:p

Da_Viking
18-03-2009, 13:50
I agree Magnets work over Blue tack but Magnets show tooo easily and I wanted to still be able to have a 1 headed LOC.

Luckily I found a place between the wings that meant the head stays in place pretty well all tournament long If I dont touch it. And the pin helps.

Dungeon_Lawyer
18-03-2009, 14:04
I agree Magnets work over Blue tack but Magnets show tooo easily and I wanted to still be able to have a 1 headed LOC.

Luckily I found a place between the wings that meant the head stays in place pretty well all tournament long If I dont touch it. And the pin helps.

You're taking Kairos to a tournament? :wtf: + :cheese:= :evilgrin:

Where are these tournies that allow special characters? SPC's are persona non grata in my neck of the woods. Are the games even fun?

Ultimo ninja
18-03-2009, 16:25
Use the ULTRAFORGE model. Its waaay better than gw's, and nowehre near as expensive as forgeworlds.

Urgat
18-03-2009, 17:23
Question of taste, I don't like the arms blended to the wings, for instance. Looks too humanlike, also (as most Ultraforge models, in fact).

Da_Viking
18-03-2009, 19:42
To Dungeon Lawyer;

Yes I have taken Kairos to a tournament.

2250 points of all Tzeentch Daemons.

And I have been massacred.

Current Record is 4 wins and 3 losses and a Draw. If you are fast enough to get across the field I will have trouble. At best I get about 3 turns before I end up in combat. And High initiative or ASF will kill me.

Losses are against Epidemious Nurgle Wall, VC Spam, and EoTG Lizards (4 Stegadons). I will have trouble with WoC cav army and DE Cav Beasty Cav army.

Where I play we do not block special Characters, for the most part. And we have plenty of nasty armies that do not have any special characters.

Dungeon_Lawyer
18-03-2009, 22:25
To Dungeon Lawyer;

Yes I have taken Kairos to a tournament.

2250 points of all Tzeentch Daemons.

And I have been massacred.

Current Record is 4 wins and 3 losses and a Draw. If you are fast enough to get across the field I will have trouble. At best I get about 3 turns before I end up in combat. And High initiative or ASF will kill me.

Losses are against Epidemious Nurgle Wall, VC Spam, and EoTG Lizards (4 Stegadons). I will have trouble with WoC cav army and DE Cav Beasty Cav army.

Where I play we do not block special Characters, for the most part. And we have plenty of nasty armies that do not have any special characters.

sounds like you got beat by a bunch of army's that were all over the top powergaming cheese lists in their own right too. 4 eotg's!!!!!!!!! jeese

Da_Viking
19-03-2009, 17:17
Uh not quite 4 EoTG's

2 EoTG and 2 other Steggies (with Skink Chiefs)

Core was 10 Skink, 10 Skink, 10 Skirmish Skink, 16 Skink with 2 Krox (joined by a Steggie)

Other Units 5 Chameleon, 2 Razordon, 1 Salamander

nosferatu1001
19-03-2009, 17:50
I guess chief with Steg helm for Ld8 bubble (and stubborn Ld8 in combat) plus chief with steg warspear, both on ancients?

Gives you horrid amounts of poison shots (8d6) and you can try to argue for the BS5 on 4D6 of them....

dsw1
19-03-2009, 19:37
16 Skink with 2 Krox (joined by a Steggie)

Since the Steg is in a unit it can be panicked ;)

Also, how did you lose to Nurgle with all those flaming magic spells from tzeentch heralds and all those flaming (shooting) attacks?! Even though they have epidemus, Kairos has a head which can have spells from the lore of light so you could have blown his unit to pieces before he got to you (cleansing fire is flaming remember ;)).

Could I see the list? Just curious what you included was all.

Da_Viking
20-03-2009, 13:59
Lost to Nurgle because of bad dice rolling. Suffered from Rollingtoomanyones Syndrom.

Of course when I had to roll instability I rolled too many double sixes.

I am waiting for the rematch!