PDA

View Full Version : Replica Weapons

jaws900
17-03-2009, 21:04
Now i know this doesn't have much to do witht he game but it is still alot to do with the LOTR. Does anyone have Relicla Weapon from the films? I have Sarumans Staff, Gimli's Axe (Two-handed one) and Sting. All 3 look awsume and i was wondering if any of you guys had some. Oh and my Mum also has Narsil (Tho she baught it not realising it was Narsil)

The Adept
17-03-2009, 22:25
I collect swords (got about 15), but no LotR ones. They're too expensive! look very nice, from what I've seen.

Melchor
17-03-2009, 22:37
I don't have them myself but the store I worked at had Strider's Ranger Sword and a Ringwraith sword in one of the display cabinets. I've handled them and they're really nice. Especially the Ranger sword.
They're quite realistically looking for wallhangers and the balance is better than in most display swords I've handled. But they're expensive and I'd rather buy a 'proper' sword. Still... Horses for courses. :)

jaws900
18-03-2009, 09:29
They are really good. Gimli's axe is rather heavy but Sting is perfectly balanced. Saruman's staff is brill too i even when in as Saruman to my old school on Red Nose day (2 Years ago)

SylverClaw
18-03-2009, 10:51
I have a Ringwraith sword.

The detailing on it is great, absolutely beautiful. The blade is all acid marked.

However, it is wobbly and super heavy. Needs a lot of support to keep it in place - especially if you wall mount it. I think if it fell badly it would probably bend the blade.

Usable as a costume piece (I have a Ringwraith costume too!) but it's a bit big to easily and safely lug around with you.

Next on my list is the Witchking sword.

jaws900
18-03-2009, 20:22
All replica swords are like that for safty resons as they only use 1 sheet of metal where's real sword use more than 1 sheet. I once luged Sarumans staff around school with me and remeber that the staff is 6'4" (2" taller than Christfer Lee)

mweaver
19-03-2009, 15:45
We have several: Sting, Glamdring, Arwen's sword, Legolas's knives, Boromir's sword, the Witchking's sword, and Strider's ranger sword. (My wife was a huge fan of the films so that made it easy to pick up several). Except for Arwen's, which came with a mount intended for a table or shelf, all of them are wall mounted.

jaws900
19-03-2009, 22:12
Wow....just wow. You wife must be a massive fan. Your one lucky guy.

Anaris
20-03-2009, 12:35
Don't have them personally (got young kid at home - so that's just asking for trouble) but my best friend has Strider's Sword, Anduril and Hadhafang.

Strider's Sword has a very sharp point for a replica sword, sharper than I am personally comfortable with where as Hadhafang is just the opposite, it's so heavy you could just use it a s club is someone broke into your home :)

Dragon Prince of Caledor
20-03-2009, 13:47
I've been wanting Narsil,sting, and glamdring for a while. Some cool things i would also like would be Gandalf the White's staff, second age high elf armour and a high elf blade. oof when i win the lottery i am buying all of it in one go!

Dragon Prince of Caledor
20-03-2009, 13:48
We have several: Sting, Glamdring, Arwen's sword, Legolas's knives, Boromir's sword, the Witchking's sword, and Strider's ranger sword. (My wife was a huge fan of the films so that made it easy to pick up several). Except for Arwen's, which came with a mount intended for a table or shelf, all of them are wall mounted.

Thats awesome!!!

Dragon Prince of Caledor
20-03-2009, 13:49
I have a Ringwraith sword.

The detailing on it is great, absolutely beautiful. The blade is all acid marked.

However, it is wobbly and super heavy. Needs a lot of support to keep it in place - especially if you wall mount it. I think if it fell badly it would probably bend the blade.

Usable as a costume piece (I have a Ringwraith costume too!) but it's a bit big to easily and safely lug around with you.

Next on my list is the Witchking sword.

That would be one bad ___ halloween costume!

SylverClaw
20-03-2009, 14:56
That would be one bad ___ halloween costume!

It is.

It's all layered, torn and ragged looking so you look huge in it. The hood has a puppetteer's mask, meaning you can see out but not in - looking into the hood you just see blackness. It's super creepy.

Also, it makes a great grim reaper costume for the purposes of recycling.

Cost me more than I ever intend to admit though.

lotrchampion
20-03-2009, 17:15
I'm borrowing my mate's copy of Sting (the United Cutlery one I believe) for the WotR release day which is quite cool. I've always been drawn to the Rohirric blades for some reason, but never got round to forking out for one!

Xarius
20-03-2009, 20:25
Your mum has narsil kickass

Melchor
21-03-2009, 00:47
I don't really know what a 'genuine' United Cutlery LotR replica sword costs these days but I found a nice alternative. At least for Glamdring, the Uruk-Hai scimitar and Narsil. (click (http://www.kovex-ars.cz/index.php?poloha=zbrane&skupina=Fantasy+swords)).

Kovex is a great swordsmith and his re-enactment swords are somewhat heavy and roughly finished (which I like) but will probably last you a lifetime. I fully intend to get one of his swords once I get a 'real' job.

Pitalla Crimson
21-03-2009, 10:18
I got the Witch Kings sword =D.