PDA

View Full Version : Converting Knight Titans

Edonil
18-03-2009, 01:23
Alright, so I've been really interested in building a couple Knight Titans for apocalypse lately. I don't like the resin models, and I don't have a ton of money to spend on it at the moment, so this is planning in the long term. I have an idea for building a Lancer which I made some more customizable rules for (I can post those if anyone is curious) but the only suitable legs I've found as a start are the ones from the Penitent Engine kit. The biggest problem with this, though, is that you can't get just the legs...and I don't have the money to buy a full kit for five parts. Anyone have any suggestions for other legs I could use, that I could buy separate/are a cheaper overall kit? I'm thinking of grabbing the legs and putting a Dreadnought body on for the core of the model.

projectkmo
18-03-2009, 01:42
they're just sentinel legs right? you can get a sentinel kit for 20.00.... or buy the legs as bits from one of many online bit stores...

though I think you'll want something a little bigger than sentinel legs.....though I will have to think of what and get pack to you.

Mike KK
18-03-2009, 01:50
use CoD buildings for the armor, that will look gd with grey knights

Alpharius
18-03-2009, 02:12
Do you mean Knight (Paladins, etc.) walkers or actual Grey Knight Titans?

Edonil
18-03-2009, 02:13
Paladins, etc

jstalker
18-03-2009, 02:15
The defiler kit can be used,
It looks pretty awesome, I seen a few done over on the BnC

Marshal Sinclair
18-03-2009, 08:15
Don't use the Defiler kit. It just looks like a Defiler standing up. Looks terrible.

jstalker
18-03-2009, 08:48
I dunno, one version I saw used a defiler, sentinel and landraider
Looked good

Laser guided fanatic
18-03-2009, 09:09
Alright, so I've been really interested in building a couple Knight Titans for apocalypse lately. I don't like the resin models, and I don't have a ton of money to spend on it at the moment, so this is planning in the long term. I have an idea for building a Lancer which I made some more customizable rules for (I can post those if anyone is curious) but the only suitable legs I've found as a start are the ones from the Penitent Engine kit. The biggest problem with this, though, is that you can't get just the legs...and I don't have the money to buy a full kit for five parts. Anyone have any suggestions for other legs I could use, that I could buy separate/are a cheaper overall kit? I'm thinking of grabbing the legs and putting a Dreadnought body on for the core of the model.

What resin models?

theshadowduke
18-03-2009, 09:33
What resin models?

I was gonna ask the same thing.

Orcboy_Phil
18-03-2009, 09:36
Armourcast maybe? Did they ever do Knights?

chromedog
18-03-2009, 09:55
There are a couple of AC knight models around.

I used robogear pieces to make my knights (battlecannon/shocklance and battlecannon/ccw) with spare sentinel cabs for the heads.

They stand around 6" tall.

Cool_Mint
18-03-2009, 12:53
Take a look at epic scale Knights compared to Rhinos to get an idea of correct scale; they stand about three times the height of a Land Raider! As Chrome said, RoboGear kits are great for parts (the models themselves are butt-ugly but the components are great) and you need the model to stand at least 6 inches high - I'd say closer to 8 or 9 inches.

I found a battered Battle Mech model (height 6 inches) that I intend to clean up and use as a base for a Titan Knight with plasticard and RoboGear bits added. TBH it's on of those projects I may never actually start let alone finish. :o

Leftenant Gashrog
18-03-2009, 14:05
Armourcast maybe? Did they ever do Knights?

They did make them, but they were unreleased (at least officially..)
http://www.epicast.com/lostbanned/EpicastKnight.jpg (useful scale comparison pic actually)

projectkmo
18-03-2009, 18:19
http://www.epicast.com/lostbanned/EpicastKnight.jpg (useful scale comparison pic actually)

and if you're lucky enough to find one..... you might see one on Ebay every 6 months or so.... they sell on there for $500.00 plus

better to make one ;)

Laser guided fanatic
18-03-2009, 19:58

That is the ugliest thing ever!

Lord Damocles
18-03-2009, 20:06
Most people tend to use Defiler parts. Eg:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/12/14/12712_sm-Apocalypse,%20Conversion,%20Knight%20Paladin,%20Ti tan.jpg

Edonil
19-03-2009, 01:44
Woah. I like that one converted from a defiler...although it seems a bit taller than I thought. Still, that is very cool. And yeah, I'm definitely going to work on building one. I might try to make something out of the Sentinel legs, if it ends up too small, I'll make it into something else. Thanks for the suggestions folks!