PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2000pts

Providence
18-03-2009, 10:18
Hi all ive been working on a new army and I decided I would go with something with a bit more power than my other armies, I really like the Bestial/Strigoi theme so ive made my army based around those aspects.

Lords & Heroes: 1010pts
Lv 3 Vampire Lord - 450pts
Master of the Black Arts, Forbidden Lore, Summon Ghouls.
Skull Staff, Helm of Commandment.

Lv 1 Vampire - 200pts
Master of the Black Arts, The Hand of Dust.

Lv 1 Vampire - 190pts
Master of the Black Arts, Blood Drinker.

Lv 1 Vampire - 170pts
Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls, Skabscrath.

Core: 640pts
19 Crypt Ghouls - 160pts x 4
Crypt Ghast.

Rare: 350pts
Varghulf - 175pts x 2

Main aspect is just to get to the enemy quick with Van Hels and keep raising my lossess, I think it looks like a reasonable army as theres not a lot of magic and powerhouse units, but I am trying to find out from others whether this list is competitive at all?

Hospitaler
18-03-2009, 10:35
14 Power Dice, not a lot of magic?

you can afford to drop one of the vamps to give the army some variation, smething like bats or wolves to give some more flexibility.

Malorian
18-03-2009, 16:56
-The lord is obviously a IoN spammer. Why would you give him forbidden lore?
-NONE of your vampires have armor and yet it is obvious you are setting them up to be in combat. Keep in mind that your vampires are just as easy to wound as the ghouls so your opponent will just target and kill your vampires.

I would rethink your list.

CaliforniaGamer
18-03-2009, 17:37
Huh, how exactly would you deal with units like armored cav with 2+ AS or better?

You could tarpit alot with this list and end up killing nothing.

g0ddy
18-03-2009, 17:54
-The lord is obviously a IoN spammer. Why would you give him forbidden lore?.....

At some point everyone runs out of models to spam ;)

I am a pretty big fan of this build, the skullstaff's +1 to cast is especially good for casting vanhels danse and wind of undeath .. :) Its also a great way to make sure you have a caster armed with vanhels... especially a caster who can throw down a couple punishing recasts, reliably.

OP : Do you want to use zombies? If so, I would still with Master of the Black Arts on the heros, If not... I would highly recommend switching over to Dark Acolyte and Summon Ghouls, at which point you can likely afford to downsize your ghoul blocks and buy some more goodies :)

Wraiths, Corpse Carts, Wolves are all great units.

~ zilla

madival
18-03-2009, 18:08
I would rather use level 2 with ghoul summoning ability. cheaper and everyone can IoN spam. maximizes effecientcy. your ghoul units start at 20 so Ion spam really aint gonna help alot. drop 5 from each group .
drop both vargulfs and take 2 units of wraith with banshee. I run this versus my OnG buddy and it tears him a new one every single time.