PDA

View Full Version : Flank Charge Combat Resolution

Sirroelivan
18-03-2009, 10:35
http://filesmelt.com/Imagehosting/pics/f952739e1a543ea3c3d6faf5d46cbe3b.png

The situation: my unit of chaos knights gets flank-charged by my opponents unit of chaos knights.

The champions engage in a challenge and my champion manages to kill his with one wound.

For combat resolution: I dealt 1 wound and have outnumber: 2, he has a flank charge: 1

Now, do I get the +1 from my standard?

Because according to a bystander standards and musicians only work when they are in a fighting front rank.

Arnizipal
18-03-2009, 12:26
You get bonusses for the (battle) standard bearer if he is in the front rank of your unit. Fighting rank doesn't matter here. I'd give you the quote and pagenumber from the main rulebook, but I'm at work at the moment.

Whitehorn
18-03-2009, 12:32
'If he is in the front rank of a unit that is fighting in close combat, or if he is anyway(sic) fighting the enemy (he could have moved to fight enemies engaging his unit from the rear, for example), ...'

page 82

Arnizipal
18-03-2009, 12:36
That's for battle standard bearers. Regular standard bearers can't move through their unit to get to the fighting rank when being flank/rear charged.

There's an overview of combat resolution bonusses somewhere in the beginning of the book.

Whitehorn
18-03-2009, 12:38
Well you said battle :)

It's the same for both, obviously normal standards can't move like a character in combat.

Standards and musicians must be in the front rank to use their benefits.

Sirroelivan
18-03-2009, 12:39
I know they only work in the front rank, but the bystander told me it was because when you are engaged in the flank only, your files count as ranks. So the champion would be first rank, regular knight second and so on.

I can't find any reference to this in the rulebooks though.

Arnizipal
18-03-2009, 12:47
I know they only work in the front rank, but the bystander told me it was because when you are engaged in the flank only, your files count as ranks. So the champion would be first rank, regular knight second and so on.

I can't find any reference to this in the rulebooks though.
That's because it isn't true :p

Best way to deal with a situation like this is to ask him to show you that rule in the rulebook.