PDA

View Full Version : Book Review - Gunheads

electricwolf
18-03-2009, 18:02
I just got finihsed reading Gunheads and i have to say that it's an excellent book.

Being the "tread-head" that i am i absolutely fell in love with it almost from the first few pages.

I won't give spoilers but the book revolves around getting the "Yarrick's Fortress of Irogence" back from an ork held planet.

So i highly recommend this book to the many "tread-heads" out there.

Kurisu313
18-03-2009, 18:04
That was a short review!

But it was a very good book, the only bit I didn't like was the ending - too cliched and unbelievable, really.

laudarkul
18-03-2009, 19:21
I already order it...Since it's about tanks and IG:D...And I'm trying to have everything about IG except of course those about C.Cain.

Darkhorse
18-03-2009, 20:28
The ending is as predictable as the other IG books, (perhaps more so given that we have a statline in the Apocalypse book for it, it even ties in with the fluff on the datasheet - though you'd have to read it to the end to understand).
If you know the background to the original Battle for Golgotha (now relegated to the Epic Battles book for 2nd Ed Epic) there are some intresting references given the ban to mentioning a certain race...
Though the fluff change has seen the world declared to be associated with the Ad-Mech prior to the Ork invasion.
In all about on par with the other books in this series, it makes a change to be dealing with tank crew rather than infantry, but it isn't a patch on the Cain novels.

Lord Damocles
18-03-2009, 20:35
Though the fluff change has seen the world declared to be associated with the Ad-Mech prior to the Ork invasion.
Hmm, rather like a certain member of Inquisitor Jaq Draco's retinue then...

whitewolfmxc
18-03-2009, 23:34
So those men were looking for yarricks tank , so does it meant the time line is after when Yarrick died ?

Lord Damocles
19-03-2009, 12:14
So those men were looking for yarricks tank , so does it meant the time line is after when Yarrick died ?
During the battle for Golgotha, Yarrick's personal Baneblade was crippled, and he was captured by Ghazghull* (sp?). He later escaped / was released and returned to Armageddon.
Just prior the outbreak of the 3rd war, he ordered the Fortress of Arogance to be reclaimed from Golgotha, and drives about in it to this day.

*This was actually written into the background as a result of an EPIC battle report IIRC - Yarrick's Baneblade was swamped by a Cult of Speed...