PDA

View Full Version : need help from anyone whos read gaunts ghosts "honour guard"

yohanes13
12-12-2005, 17:28
hi does anyone know what colour the tanks of the pardus armoured are and can you give me a page refereance i cant find it anywhere. im asking as i want to repaint my armoured company to go with my new gaunts ghost army also anyone got any ideas what i could use for the troop trucks the ghosts are always transported in

Jo Bennett
12-12-2005, 18:50
For the troop trucks the obvious thing is non-gw toy trucks. I bough a snap together plastic kit that I converted to a truck mounted basilisk. Look around discount toy stores and you'll probably find something suitable. Mine was 60p.

Chem-Dog
12-12-2005, 19:41
While we are on the Subject of Gaunts Ghosts, I've just started reading the books and I was hoping somebody could help me with a couple of things I am having trouble visualising, Vitrian Dragoons, they are way cool but I really have trouble imagining them and the Same with Inquisitor Heldane, can't quite see him in my mind's eye.

boogle
12-12-2005, 21:30
I believe the Pardus have primarilly Grey Tanks

Heldane, think Tall Inquisitor with a Horse-like face

old guard
12-12-2005, 22:19
I seem to recall a comment about the salamanders being a blue green mottled camouflage, can't remember what page but it is shortly after the convoy sets off. I guess this would look like WWII luftwaffe cam pattern on aircraft fuselage

CELS
12-12-2005, 23:17
Horse face? Well, that's not very terrifying, is it? The man had surgery to make him look as terrifying as possible. I don't think a horse face is what he ended up with.

Vitrian dragoons. Dark skinned guys in very fine platemail, which is occassionaly transformed to full plate armour made of glass.

Yohanes, other than the obvious solution of going with real military miniatures, you could try copying the people who have scratch-built trucks using mostly ork vehicles and the SM land speeder as a base. Obviously, you would scratch-build the cargo hold and the land speeder would make up most of the truck's 'cabin'.

brother_fandango
12-12-2005, 23:22
i go with plasticard for a truck. just a flatbed, a curved roof, and a boxy cabin. slap some wheels on that mother, and off you go.

boogle
13-12-2005, 00:38
Horse face? Well, that's not very terrifying, is it? The man had surgery to make him look as terrifying as possible. I don't think a horse face is what he ended up with.

Vitrian dragoons. Dark skinned guys in very fine platemail, which is occassionaly transformed to full plate armour made of glass.

Yohanes, other than the obvious solution of going with real military miniatures, you could try copying the people who have scratch-built trucks using mostly ork vehicles and the SM land speeder as a base. Obviously, you would scratch-build the cargo hold and the land speeder would make up most of the truck's 'cabin'.
have you seen Ruud Van Nistlerooy, would like to try and ride him anywhere :p :p :p

he is scarred as well though (read Hereticus for details)

Lord Stormbringer
13-12-2005, 03:02
hi does anyone know what colour the tanks of the pardus armoured are and can you give me a page refereance i cant find it anywhere. im asking as i want to repaint my armoured company to go with my new gaunts ghost army also anyone got any ideas what i could use for the troop trucks the ghosts are always transported in

The Parduan Armoured use a variety of color schemes. The prevelent one, used in most of the temperate world campaigns, seems to be something similar to the US woodland cammo scheme. Or perhaps the tiger stripe cammo. Either one could work.

As for the trucks, the best thing to do would be to hit a hobby store and pick up a bunch of models of the US military Deuce and Half trucks. They are the truck used in the Guants Ghost's novels. It's one of the most ubiquitous military vehicle ever and it seems pretty obvious it's the model for the trucks in the series (and pretty much everything else).