PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Aspects, themes in pairs

kikkoman
19-03-2009, 21:04
I was just thinking today, the aspect warriors, what a cool idea.
I already liked spiders and scorpions, both bugs (yeah I know they're arachnids, but you know what I mean), but then I thought s'more...

Scorpions, Spiders
Banshees and Reapers
Hawks and Dragons
Avengers and Spears

There seemed to be a way that they paired off.
Spiders and Scorpions have the carapace bug, arachnid theme yeah

Hawks and Dragons? Both scaled, taloned

Banshee and Reaper? Mythological death dealers

The Avenger and the Spear through, they seemed left over. Then I thought, well they're both directly an aspect of Khaine right? An aspect of his personality and one of his weapons. They're based on an aspect of the person's character.

It also shows in their visual aesthetics. Scorpions and Spiders have carapace to be more insect like.
Hawks have beaks, Dragons have fangs
Banshees have their hair, the reaper skull faces
The Avengers and Spears don't have any beast/spirit aspect, but more a cultural concept, the tall crest of the noble warrior.

perhaps it also shows in their combat style?

Scorpions and spiders are sneaky, by stealth or warping. Little is known on their founders.
Hawks and Dragons cause explosive damage, grenade barrages and exploding vehicles. Both Phoenix Lords use an energy weapon+power weapon combo.
Banshees and Reapers crack armor, you cannot Run (Banshees) or Hide (Reapers) from death. Both Phoenix Lords use massive blades and slicing discs.
Avengers and Spears hold the line and break the line at the center of the army. The oldest and youngest aspects.

I wonder if this was done on purpose, or if it just my scheming brain putting coincidence together, regardless though, Aspect Warriors are cool.

Alessander
19-03-2009, 23:38
don't think too much into this.

spears and spiders were thought up after the other aspects were published.

Cocaloch
20-03-2009, 00:01
All Aspects are aspects of Khaine though not just DA and Spears.

Lord Malorne
20-03-2009, 00:03
Ah but what about the...erm...ball ones?

Lord-Caerolion
20-03-2009, 03:31
Uhh... since when were hawks scaled?

Azriel45
20-03-2009, 03:58
Uhh... since when were hawks scaled?

Hawks have scaled feet. And are descended from reptiles. Or so the theory goes.

Alessander
20-03-2009, 04:32
Ah but what about the...erm...ball ones?

Slicing Orbs of Zandros?
Apparently the Zandros craftworld (or ruins of it) was site of a big fight between Karandras and Ahra.

Radium
20-03-2009, 07:34
It's probably just your scheming mind! But it's a very cool though nonetheless.

And aspect warriors are the coolest part of 40k.

Poseidal
20-03-2009, 09:25
Nice observation. Though I don't think it's intended, there probably were general themes like that which Jes thought of when they were first drawn up.