PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tournament Lizardmen

Revengence14
20-03-2009, 04:00
Hello all! I plan on playing in my first fantasy tournament this weekend and was hoping that someone might be able to offer me some advice. I have only recently started playing fantasy and I have not even had my army for a week yet. This list was put together with the help of a couple of my friends with a lot more experience than myself. The tournament is 2000 points and I believe I might be facing VC, WoC, Dwarfs, Brets, High Elves, Ogres, Dark Elves, and Lizardmen. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to give them. Thanks for the help!

Slaan - 325
Transcendent Healing, Becalming Cognition

Skink Priest - 440
Level 2, Ancient Stegadon with EotG, Dispell Scroll, Diadem of Power

15 Saurus - 210
Spears, Full Command

15 Saurus - 210
Spears, Full Command

10 Skink Skirmishers -70

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

3 Kroxigor - 165

16 Temple Guard - 311
Full Command, Burning Blade

5 Cold One Riders - 195
Champion

1996 Total

Volker the Mad Fiddler
20-03-2009, 04:13
SNIP

Slaan - 325
Transcendent Healing, Becalming Cognition

SNIP

Won't comment too much on the army as I don't have a lot of Lizardmen experience yet, but why the healing on the Slaan. In the Temple guard he is already quite safe and the Focused Rumination will allow you to get off more spells, while Focus of Mystery will make sure you have the spells you want. I think either of those would be a better choice [and prefer Rumination over Mystery myself].

Revengence14
20-03-2009, 04:27
That is kinda how I felt as well. I was not too sure how much use I was going to get out of regeneration since he was with them anyways.

Foegnasher
20-03-2009, 04:49
lose the champ on the cold ones. get a musician instead.

slingersam
20-03-2009, 07:43
Try to increase your saurus warriors to 18 each, drop the
cold one riders, and take terradons instead, I feel that the
cold one riders require a hero with them.