PDA

View Full Version : Lucius Pattern Baneblade

Serg. Lynchbox
20-03-2009, 05:28
Hi, I was thinking of buying the Lucius Pattern Baneblade. But in some pics it looks smaller than the regular Baneblade. Anyone have one or know of it?

What are the special rules for this particular Baneblade. I really don't want to buy the FW vol 1 book to see if I like a Baneblade or not. So are the rules different than the regular Baneblade?

Anything will help since I am paying $200 for a single Baneblade.

Khornies & milk
20-03-2009, 06:41
The plastic GW Baneblade is slightly larger than the FW ones, but not enough to worry about.

I have the IA books but I think it's against Forum Rules to give out the sort of Info you want so....sorry.

Serg. Lynchbox
20-03-2009, 07:04
The plastic GW Baneblade is slightly larger than the FW ones, but not enough to worry about.

I have the IA books but I think it's against Forum Rules to give out the sort of Info you want so....sorry.

Would you buy the Lucius Baneblade over a regular one then? Is it all that special?

Nexus Trimean
20-03-2009, 07:17
The only differeance between the lucius pattern baneblade and the plastic baneblade is looks.

Nicha11
20-03-2009, 07:18
The only differeance between the lucius pattern baneblade and the plastic baneblade is looks.

Indeed it's slightly uglier.

Serg. Lynchbox
20-03-2009, 07:24
But special rules make it a lot better right?

Voleron
20-03-2009, 07:27
But special rules make it a lot better right?

Not really.

The Baneblades from the Apocalypse book (I.e, the new plastic ones) are a whole order of magnitude more powerful than the old FW baneblades, and cheaper, to boot.

There isn't really any reason to buy one other than Looks, bragging rights, and maybe that funky little printed certificate of authenticity.

vman
20-03-2009, 07:34
it looks tiny... like the GW baneblade could technically fit 3 side sponsons... this looks like it could only hold 2

Serg. Lynchbox
20-03-2009, 07:37
Well thanks guys. If anyone have anything to happy feel free to post it. Right now I will debate and think and debate some more. I just got offered by some guy that he can get me one for $100. So who knows....

But your right guys.... the thing I don't really like at all is the chasis... it looks too... chunky.

Norsehawk
22-03-2009, 22:51
For the most part, a baneblade is a baneblade. While there might be a tank ace version of a baneblade as the Weisemann's one it is still a baneblade. In non-apoc games you could use the IA rules, while in apoc games, the apocalypse rules could come out (it saves your opponent from having to face the really huge blast templates of the apoc version.

Warforger
22-03-2009, 23:37
The advantage I heard is that its less of a pain and more satisfying to build.

Oberst Viktor Morte
23-03-2009, 05:31
From what I've seen, it's slightly smaller and a lot heavier. Also, it's one of the very few instances (perhaps the only) where a GW kit looks better than a FW one. Rules-wise, it functions exactly the same. The rules in IA1 put it at like 600+ points, and yet it's not even as good.

Serg. Lynchbox
23-03-2009, 05:39
Ok well thanks. I'm thinking of buying the Closed topped Basalisk a Artemia Pattern Hellhound, and a linebreaker squadron for my chaos force.... hehe. Thanks Evilgenius for the details of the Baneblade. I think people are going to scratch their heads when I tell them all the extra rules.

AndrewGPaul
23-03-2009, 09:20
The Baneblade stats in the IA books are different from the stats in Apocalpyse, but that's to be expected since IA was published years before Apocalypse (and the stats for the Baneblade are even older). Since there's no differece between a Mars- and a Lucius-pattern tank, then there should be no difference between those two and an Arkurion-pattern tank.

The contensts list for Imperial Armour: Apocalypse doesn't even mention the Baneblade, so it appears that there is no rules difference between patterns.

Wintermute
23-03-2009, 20:32
Its the best looking Baneblade kit available. In comparison the plastic GW Baneblade looks very poor.

BTW I used to own Lucius Pattern Baneblade. Its a superb kit and looks great when finished.

Marshal Argos
23-03-2009, 21:42
I agree with Wintermute. The Lucius Pattern is absolutely sexy. If only I could afford a handfull of them.

silentsmoke
23-03-2009, 21:43
There's not much in it size wise, just look at my Krieg thread and you will see.

Ocid
23-03-2009, 21:57
So what exactly is the difference between an Arkurion pattern baneblade and a Lucius pattern one in terms of model size.

Wondering why the lucius is 140 whereas the Ark is 80.

edit: Sorry brain fart there i was thinking of the Mars pattern. Anyone got a size comparison on that?

BigBadBull
23-03-2009, 22:16
One's plastic, while the other is cast Resin... that's the difference in price.
one has plate rivets , the other one has 2 large gas cans vs. 4 smaller ones...

No rules differences, just cost, vs looks...

Ocid
23-03-2009, 23:17
Ah ok thanks BigBadBull.

Axel
24-03-2009, 00:00
In here with the crew that thinks the Lucius looks better.

I think the plastic is kind of too ornamental, less looking like business. GWs is, however, a good deal cheaper and thus more common.

Serg. Lynchbox
24-03-2009, 00:34
Well it doesn't matter in price since I can get one the same price as the GW Baneblade new from a guy. I just want to know if other people like this model or not. I have never seen it in person and have to decide if I want it or not before I tell him yes or no. I like to be different... but if I want different I could just convert a Baneblade for my Chaos army.

I do have an IG army but just debating if I want it or not. I should put a poll on here for you guys to decide. Too bad I don't know how.