PDA

View Full Version : of imperial armour 1 and the new guard codex

Mannimarco
20-03-2009, 17:49
going by the rumours of the new guard codex we know that vehicles will become vastly more expensive than they are right now, i was wondering if anybody would have a problem with their opponent using imperial armour 1 tanks to bulk up their tanks

if a tank is in both IA1 and the new codex i will ise the codex price, if its IA1 then ill use the book price: eg the demolisher is in both books but i will use the 200+ points price in the codex, the thunderer i would use the IA1 book

most tanks look to be in the new codex anyway

Brother Loki
20-03-2009, 17:53
That seems to be the sensible way to do it. It's possible that FW may issue an update PDF in the same way they did for the marine & inquisition stuff from IA2 as well.

Mannimarco
20-03-2009, 17:56
cool, just worried i might get accused of cheating: a bare demolisher will be 200+ points, the thunderer identical in every way is only 140

would just be a shame to get rid of all my non codex stuff, had a swarm of little cyclops demo tanks that were always good for a laugh

Legionary
20-03-2009, 17:57
Absolutely. The new codex doesn't replace IA:V1, you can take units from it that aren't in the new codex without anyone dissenting.

However, I don't think I'd allow you to take units from IA vehicles that existed in the new Guard codex but were much cheaper in IA.

Mannimarco
20-03-2009, 17:58
thats why if they are in both id use the codex price instead of the cheaper IA price