PDA

View Full Version : apocalypse, iguard and tanks

Gen.Ruckus
21-03-2009, 00:47
I was just wondering what tanks, how many and what varients people used for apoc games, specifically for iguard. I played a few games and wondered what I should get, I only have the current codex tanks, basilisk/demolisher/battle tank, and none of the forge world varients.

Gen.Ruckus
21-03-2009, 00:49
I also have one baneblade/hellhammer, forgot to mention that.

boogle
21-03-2009, 00:50
I use a full 10 tak tank company, it currently consists of:
1 Vanquisher
1 Executioner
2 Russes
1 Demolisher
2 Conquerers
1 Annihilator
2 Exterminators

Kurisu313
21-03-2009, 01:04
Tank company (1 Vanquisher, 3 Russ, 3 Exterminators, 3 Demolishers)
Hellhound
3 Chimera
Leman Russ Destroyer
Manticore Missile Tank
Bombard
3 Basilisk
Baneblade
1 Vulture Gunship

If you add in walkers:
12 Sentinel (3 of each gun)
1 Knight Baron
1 Warhound Titan

Godgolden
21-03-2009, 01:08
6 leman russes
3 leman russ demolishers
1 vanquisher as the 10 leman russ formation

hydra
exterminator
stormblade
plastic baneblade
mecharius

leman russes really suffer from what people can bring to the table, mainly 2+ armour and monstrous creatures, any other questions you need answering.

Shield of Freedom
21-03-2009, 01:10
I have a full Emporer's Fist Tank Company (I bought the 10 tank box).
So:

13 Leman Russ
2 Demolishers
1 Exterminator (twin-linked autocannon turret)
1 Vanquisher
2 Hellhounds
5 Chimeras

Non Tanks:
10 Sentinels (sometimes I use the Recon Company in the Apoc book)
2 Valkyries
1 Vulture
1 Thunderbolt Fighter bomber

That's all I own right now, I haven't had the funds lately for any of the superheavies or the titans. My forgeworld stuff I bought a LONG time ago, otherwise the 10 Leman Russ box is the only purchase I've made for Apocalypse beside my Windrider host for my Eldar.

Gen.Ruckus
21-03-2009, 01:47
I see, well I got 4 basilisks, 4 demolishers, 2 battle tanks and 2 hell hounds, and one super heavy, I want to get some forge world varients, like a vanquisher and some exterminators

Wraithseer
21-03-2009, 02:20
4 leman russ
2 demolishers
1 Conquer
1 Vanquisher
1 Basilisk
1 destroyer tank hunter
2 Baneblades
1 Stormlord
2 Hell hounds

And 3 Chimera with troops for objectives

soul destroyer
21-03-2009, 02:26
I have;
stormblade
hellhammer
baneblade (with vulcan mega bolter turret)
doomhammer
2 leman russ
2 hellhounds
basilisk
tank destroyer (home brew)

T_55
21-03-2009, 02:47
1 Bane Blade
7 Leman Russes
3 Demolishers

Nice and orderly. I never liked having to many mixed variants.

Deadmanwade
21-03-2009, 03:15
So far
6 Leman Russ
3 Exterminators
1 Vanquisher
1 Demolisher
1 Chimera
2 Basilisks
1 Hellhound
2 Baneblades
1 Hellhammer

unbuilt
6 leman russ
1 executioner
1 destroyer
1 baneblade
1 shadowsword
1 stormblade
1 basilisk

ordered this week
3 shadowswords

Gen.Ruckus
21-03-2009, 03:23
Holy crap that is a lot of tanks, that would be awsome to see so many on the table at once, I want to get that many sometime, I currently have catachans, but I want a cadian force when the new codex is out. I also want to at least have 1-2 of each tank, including super heavies. So are aircraft worth getting for apoc games?

Khornies & milk
21-03-2009, 04:10
4 Leman Russes
2 Demolishers
2 Vanquishers (1 Stygies/1 Mars Alpha)
1 Executioner
1 Exterminator
1 Annihilator
2 Hellhounds
5 Chimeras
13 Sentinels
3 Vultures
3 Baneblade Varients

Nearly every one of them has some FW stuff added, which makes them even better models imo.

Aircraft greatly enhance the emotive feeling of a battle (imo), and offer a different and varied tactical approach to the General....plus they're lots of fun.

With the new IG Codex I'm going to add some Hydras and Griffons to the list as well.

Felwether
21-03-2009, 04:41
My feeble collection consists of a single renegade Arkurion Stormblade I'm working on for my Purge army. Beastly. :evilgrin:

Hopefully I'll have gotten a renegade tank company together by December to go with it.

Gen.Ruckus
21-03-2009, 04:49
Yes, I played an apoc and they used aircraft, I didn't know I couldn't shoot the aircraft without an aa mount, but I want hydras because they look awsome

Spacker
21-03-2009, 10:59
Currently I have:

Tanks:
3 Vanquishers
1 Conqueror
3 Exterminators
3 Demolishers
14 Leman Russ
2 Destroyers
1 Hydra
3 Hellhounds
7 Chimeras

Artillery:
3 Basilisks
1 Griffon
1 Bombard

Walkers:
6 Sentinels

Super Heavies:
1 Stormblade
2 Shadowswords
4 Baneblades
1 Macharius

Flyers:
2 Valkyries
1 Vulture
1 Thunderbolt
1 Lightning

The Vanquishers, Conqueror, and Exterminators all have spare Battlecannon turrets too so can switched to normal Leman Russ if needed. A few of them also have magnetised sponsons so that they can be removed or added as needed.

Most I've used in a single game so was 24 tanks/artillery, played an Apoc game at WHW in February. I had a Stormblade, Hellhound (3x) formation, Basilisk (3x) formation, Tank company (3 x Vanq, 3 x Demolisher, 4 x Leman Russ), Tank squadron (3 x Leman Russ), Bombard, Hydra, 2 x Destroyer. I also had a Warhound (took my Chaos Warhound to use a loyalist, which is why it's not in the list above ;))

Laser guided fanatic
21-03-2009, 11:15
Don't have a lot of IG stuff atm as i'm only starting but I have

1 LRBT

Wishlist:

Baneblade
Hellhammer
10 more LRBTs
LRBT variants
Baneblade variants
more spam

ard boy stu
21-03-2009, 11:19
just a couple of banblades are srong anoth to wipe out multibal tanks

Plasma Ken
21-03-2009, 21:31
A lot of these are under construction, but this is my intent:

1 company of ten Russes

1 company of ten Vanquishers ( uhh, I'm the guy who bought two Imperial Fist company boxes last April :) )

1 company of nine Basilisks ( yep, three squadron boxes )

Independent Squadrons:

three Demolishers

three Destroyer turretless vehicles with magnets for Laser destroyer/ Vanquisher cannon switch

three Executioners ( plasma cannons ), I was dismayed when I heard they're gonna get nerfed

Superheavies: ( uhhh, I'm the guy with the dozen superheavies... )

three Baneblades ( as a company)

three Shadowswords

three Baneswords

two Stormlords

Inquisition:

one Sisters Baneblade using Plaquereaper stats

one Sisters Stormlord, done as a chapel on tracks

one Doomhammer for an Inquistor, retinue, and inq stormies

I have this feeling there will be superheavy company Apoc datasheets of three vehicles coming, that's why I tend to threes.

I have all the kits to make all these vehicles, I'm one of those guys with 'more money than sense', and no, you can't come live with me, there's no room for a second person here.

I'll wait till the new Guard codex comes out to see if I want any of the new vehicles, I have a feeling I'll at least do a squadron of the artillery vehicles.

I'm learning a lot about project management from this! Among other things I concentrate on doing three vehicles at a time; otherwise I get mixed up on what parts go with what vehicle. Each vehicle is modified somewhat, the Russes are lowered to look less cartoony, the Baneblades have larger turrets, the Basilisks are lengthened so you don't have the platform hanging off the back, etc .

Storing all those kits is a challenge, I have some shelves filled floor to ceiling with kits in my second bedroom. ( Actually I live in the second bedroom, the first, larger, one is devoted to model kits ). How I would transport all these vehicles to an Apoc game is something I haven't figured out yet, but I drive a station wagon so I think they'll fit. And, no I haven't forgotten the grunts, I have about two hundred of those and fourteen Chimeras to carry them.

gamble
21-03-2009, 21:43
what i take is

Tanks
10 vanq

3 basi
3 helhound support
3 chimeras full of storm troopers

Super Heavy Tanks
1 stormhammer
1 baneblade
3 malcador mix variants
1 gorgon plus 25 ogrins

Super Heavy Walkers
1 emperor battle titan
1 reaver battle titan
4 warhound scouts

AdeptusOverton
21-03-2009, 22:18
Have had designs on a Imperial Guard Mordant Planetary assault army for a while but because I have Apoc sized Ork force and Marine forces to finish have put this on the back burner the extreme back burner on the back hob on low simmer.

Am however helping paint a large Cadian 101st Apoc army for a kid who plays against me.

Gen.Ruckus
22-03-2009, 07:56
I font even know what most of those tanks do, I don't own any imperial armor books, and I wouldn't know which to buy, I was looking at imperial armor vol. 1, but that's quite expensive

Khornies & milk
22-03-2009, 08:07
IA1 is a lovely book with lots of info...but yea it's not cheap.

Seen as FW put out an IA2 update pdf I think it's reasonable to say that there'll be one for IA1 to bring it up to date with all the new Stats, etc, that the new IG Codex is throwing up.

Spacker
22-03-2009, 12:28
A few of the IAv1 tanks are in the new IG codex - Exterminator, Vanquisher, and Executioner - as well as few brand new variants.