PDA

View Full Version : Of all the space marine chapters...

chrismp_123
21-03-2009, 20:00
If you could have any space marine chapter or play against any space marine chapter, which would you have. The point of this is Im trying to see what chapter people would play or want to see most because of how rare the chapter is or how hard the chapter is to paint.

I personally would love a White Scars chapter. It is the most difficult army to paint in my opinion. If I could paint it like the sample army shown in the new marine codex I would have owned one seven years ago. Im a good painter but I just dont think I could succeed in painting a white scars army.

Anyways, there is my answer. What about you?

Poseidal
21-03-2009, 20:03
Do you mean one of the GW chapters rather than a made up one?

I would generally do a made up one, but if it's GWs it would have to be Crimson Fists I think.

Also, it would be almost entirely made of beakies.

Giganthrax
21-03-2009, 20:05
I personally prefer DIY, but if its a GW's chapter, I'd say Iron Hands.

the1stpip
21-03-2009, 20:20
I would agree with White Scars, but also Imperial Fists or Minotaurs, due to the paint scheme.

Otherwise, any of the rarer chapters, it used to be Mentors, but my friend is doing them now.

Legionary
21-03-2009, 20:29
I like the look of Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, White Panthers and Black Consuls. I'd be happy to find myself fighting those foes because they look great.

I'd only field a custom chapter. The one that's currently under construction is a successor chapter to the Dark Angels, with similar tendencies towards dark and mysterious behaviour. Doesn't use C: DA though - even if it wasn't underpowered, I don't like the Dark Angels' method of organising companies, with an entire company of fast attack vehicles, a full company of Terminators etc.

Bran Dawri
21-03-2009, 20:42
Space Wolves. No one else has their particular style.

Laurela
21-03-2009, 20:49
I'd rather own White Scars for sure, and I always enjoy going up against Space Wolves, good matches.

tartarus1222
21-03-2009, 22:20
I would love to play Imperial Fists cause Lysander is nails and i love the colour scheme.

I enjoy playing Crimson Fists (I know ironic) cause a mate of mine plays them and is great to play against

Aurellis
21-03-2009, 22:21
If I could have any chapter it would be Salamanders because i'm a long time Sallie player and i'm not going against my roots!

To come up against, I wouldn't mind facing off against a Black Templar list because i haven't had the luxury of battling it as of yet.

tartarus1222
21-03-2009, 22:22
a full company of Terminators etc.

Erm almost every space marines army has a termie company, the 1st

Aegius
21-03-2009, 22:26
Erm almost every space marines army has a termie company, the 1st

Not true. almost all chapters can only field half a company of terminators. This is one of the things that makes Dark angels and their successors unique.

As for my favorite chapter, I'm already collecting them. :D

Kalec
21-03-2009, 22:44
I would love to see a fully painted Minotaur army.

victorpofa
22-03-2009, 00:51
Imperial Fists because Yellow is hard to do well.

Favorite Chapter is Space Wolves. 2000 points already done.

Cypher, the Emperor
22-03-2009, 01:04
Well, I love my Crimson Fists to death, and they were the first thing that brought me into the hobby (the cover of Rogue Trader), but If I could get a second chapter it would be either Minotaurs or Angels of Redemption.

Minotaurs, because I tried to build a Mino army once but couldn't paint the color scheme (which is very cool, I like the Yellow with Red Rising Sun and warning stripe patterns) or an Angels of Redemption Scout Company, because that was the first ever army I tried making for 40k and I wish I had finished it instead of going over to Tyranids. Plus split color marines look cool.

Cato Sicarius
22-03-2009, 01:07
If I could have any chapter? Hmmm... Blood Ravens. I love them, but I like freehand and I just can't get that Chapter symbol correct (or find a right one for that matter - each model you see has the chapter symbol painted differently!).

I don't really care who I play against, as long as it's a challenge, but not too cheesy (cheesy things like: Nidzilla, Wazdakka Speed Freeks, 3xFire Prism Eldar, etc...).

Simples.