PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed the new box for Crisis Suits?

Kargos Bloodspit
12-12-2005, 23:08
Has anyone else noticed that GW have changed the cover art on the Crisis Suit boxed sets to a picture of a crisis suit complete with photoshopped plasma rifle firing? Got one this afternoon when I went into GW. Its a bit strange though, because the christmas catelogue still has the old Crisis suit box cover in its' listing.

brother_fandango
12-12-2005, 23:23
typical GW non planning correctly.

cenpjas
12-12-2005, 23:26
It makes little diffrence I suppose, but its a nice touch. It give you a mental image of what your suits are doing when your playing the game and rolling lots of rapid fire plasma death at sombody.

-cen

Cypher
13-12-2005, 00:02
I guess what happened was that the production run of the old box ended, and they sold out their stock before the new crisis suits were ready to go on sale. So they put the old sprues in the new box.

Which Im sure is going to cause some grief when the new sprues are released...

Kargos Bloodspit
13-12-2005, 00:37
It just surprises me is all, I would've thought they'd of held out until the new Tau Empire dex before changing the Crisis suit box graphics.

cenpjas
13-12-2005, 00:57
I suspect, they had a new graphic, and they did not want to be left with a lot of old graphic boxes.

As nothing will be changing in the box other than an earlyer than planed face lift I see no problems. A few other things have had face lifts recently, there hard to keep track of.

-cen

neko
13-12-2005, 01:07
My understanding from the rumours forum is that crisis suits are not getting a new sprue. Instead there will be an additional sprue that will be part of the commander's box.

boogle
13-12-2005, 01:20
that would mean the Commander going up to 12-15 then?

cenpjas
13-12-2005, 03:50
Yes Boogle I would expect it to be so. I would think around 15 rather than 12. As the commander is a 'one off' sprue I would expect it to be the same price as a XV8+ suit such as the XV88.

Or course I am gona be getting me some of the XV88-2's to replace my current 9xXV88's so grabbing a commander should not be to troublesome. God knows what I am gona do with my two current commander XV8's as there configured with Plasma, Miss-pod, Fusion.

Back to subject though. Its just a new picture it means nothing other than nicer to look at.

-cen