PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts special characters

Hvidponi
22-03-2009, 18:02
A simple question for the community:
Are any of the vampire counts special characters overpowered? In that case, what should be thier cost?
I am trying to make a restrictions for a turney, but I have no experience with VCs special characters...

Vlad von Carstien seems ok, but Count Mannfred may be too good... I don't see any of the hero being very strong...

Thanks for your input...

Kalec
22-03-2009, 22:30
Mannfred is fine. You pay for a lot with him, and probably aren't going to use all of it. His wide array of spells looks a lot less impressive when you realize he is going to be casting from the vamp lore 99% of the time anyway. His sword is awesome, but he has no protection besides 2 extra wounds and is too important to risk in combat. He is powerful, yes, but not overpowered.

The other 3 are pathetic. Konrad slightly less so then the other 2.

O&G'sRule
22-03-2009, 22:56
Theyre very powerful, but are pretty expensive so not really. I prefer vlad personally, the VC army's major weakness is killing the general, with vlad thats not so easy. Konrad is a bit dirty but he's not far off what his point suggest

Sir Jimmison
04-04-2009, 23:50
Personally i don't think any of them are overpowered, they are very expensive and you can make far more dirtier vamp heroes for the same points. I would allow them to use all of the vamp special characters because they are plain cool and add allot of character to the vamp army :)

snyggejygge
05-04-2009, 08:57
Konrad & Mannfred are the only ones really powerful, but they come at a steep cost, so are probably a lot more balanced than most other powerful specialcharacters

Bies21
05-04-2009, 09:19
You know the VC special characters are all pretty nasty (bar isabella) thing is they do pay for them and in battle the hero levels can do ok but I've rarely seen them tip the game.

I often fight against Manfred the Hero and Count Manfred, they cause me some concern but I don't get pissed off like I do when fighting Thorek or Teclis.

slingersam
05-04-2009, 10:26
You know the VC special characters are all pretty nasty (bar isabella) thing is they do pay for them and in battle the hero levels can do ok but I've rarely seen them tip the game.

I often fight against Manfred the Hero and Count Manfred, they cause me some concern but I don't get pissed off like I do when fighting Thorek or Teclis.

Ya I don't get pissed off for versing any of the Vamp Counts special
characters .... I just get pissed of versing Vamp Counts in general.
I personally hate special characters as they take away from the game
but other wise Vamp Counts are fine for their points. In a tournament
I would try restricting special characters, is it can make for some very
broken lists

Gorbad Ironclaw
05-04-2009, 12:08
The VC special characters didn't really impressed me much. Some of them have some neat abilities/gear sure, but overall you will probably get more power out of just using the generic characters.

It is not them that will cause any potential problems with VC.

phoenixlaw
05-04-2009, 12:46
In general you can get more from a normal vampire lord than a SC.

The biggest let down with Konrad is you lose a spellcaster.

He's also unreliable, easy to drag out of a unit ( as he has frenzy and a longer charge range than his unit)

BigbyWolf
05-04-2009, 15:59
While converting my own Vamp Lord I used Vlad for quite a few battles and was very impressed. In a unit of GG backed up by Wight BSB he did some serious damage. Being able to raise GG/ heal himself when he deals damage is useful, and in challenges he took down every character he came up against (thanks to Beguile and Aura of Dark Majesty)...can't comment on the other though, never used them...

W0lf
05-04-2009, 17:21
As a vamps player the ONLY reason id take a special character is to make a themed list.

Otherwise making your own is better.

Classical Mushroom
05-04-2009, 17:26
The VC SC are nice but not overly powerful like some other SC out there. TBH you can make vampire lords that do more damage to you opponents army.