PDA

View Full Version : Evil army list-80 budget

MORDOR RULER42
22-03-2009, 19:33
i need a list for 26th march-evil,1000 points-WOTR

Spider-pope
22-03-2009, 19:49
You might want to give a few more details than that. Like point size, and or even if its a SBG or WOTR army that you want.

MORDOR RULER42
22-03-2009, 20:03
You might want to give a few more details than that. Like point size, and or even if its a SBG or WOTR army that you want.
thanks!I'm looking for 1000 points-ish-WOTR.

dlantoub
22-03-2009, 21:21
oooch very tricky

The big boxed set is 60 and that is marginally cheaper than buying the items individually (you get command models free) a "hero" model is 11 and upwards epic tend toward 15.

Pick the evil army you like. After that it's all pretty much equal.

Fredox
22-03-2009, 21:33
Are you looking to buy in store or can you buy online? Online you can save money but in store gets the extras painting/games etc. Something to think about when your shopping.

VeriNasti
23-03-2009, 00:05
If I were you, go Isenguard - now probably strongest army in the game

MORDOR RULER42
23-03-2009, 09:03
If I were you, go Isenguard - now probably strongest army in the game

If i go for isengard can i still have eaterlings???

MORDOR RULER42
23-03-2009, 09:08
If i go for isengard can i still have eaterlings???

if i can then i'll probably go for eastern invaders set(60 kataphracts-5,infantry-40,command-2) and then save 15,so i'll have 35 left and i can get some urak-hai scouts with a troll,or i can get the witch-king on fellbeast!can someone please give me an awesome list?

Tizz
23-03-2009, 09:20
Considering the rulebook isnt even released for the general public, i'd say no. However, from memory with the set your looking at and a witch king your about halfway to your 1k goal. I dont think 80 pounds can cut it for War of the Ring, companies are too cheap its more like buying a fantasy army in that you'll be investing 150+ in a solid army

Spider-pope
23-03-2009, 10:15
Its possible to get about 1000 points with 80 quid, although the army wouldnt be too effective. Basically you would have to have a minimum amount of core formations and spend the rest of a couple of high cost characters like Saruman and a mumakil, Balrog or Dragon. So for example the Mumakil based force would break down as
Saruman/Ringwraith - 15
Haradrim - 15
Mumakil - 50.

Which would come in around 1000 points. The problem is that such an army is very much an all or nothing list. You are relying on solely your Mumakil to save the day. The formations you would have would die within a couple of turns and then its just a case of hoping your opponent has bad rolls on the Hard to Kill tables.

I would suggest reducing the points you want to around 500-750. For a start 80 will get you a viable army for that point range, and it will make getting the hang of the new system a bit easier.

In any case, check your GW and see if they have any of the LOTR battalion boxes left. They have been discontinued but the stock hasnt been recalled yet. At 50 they are a bargain for what they contain. Then its just adding a couple of character blisters. Ringwraiths are nasty if you use them right, and if you want an Easterling based force i recommend Khamul.

As for awesome lists i dont think anyone has enough experience with WOTR yet to give you a killer list. Even the staff havent been playing it that long.

MORDOR RULER42
23-03-2009, 16:48
okay then i think i'll g for 500 points worth of easterlings and amdur(lord of blades) is probably ok.
OR
loads of orcs and 2 trolls.
is that okay?

rcal13
23-03-2009, 22:45
I don't think you will be able to get 1000 pts for 8o pounds Troll chief are 150 troll drummer are 125 and troll100 I not to sure on the cheif Orcs are like 20 poinnts per company. Easterlings are you up to converrt the comands figs if so then get at least 2 boxs of easterling or 4 is better I will give you the number of troops needed Basicly you can't build the whole army so get yourself a good start and get the rest as you can.