PDA

View Full Version : Is Ferrus Manus really dead?

chrismp_123
22-03-2009, 21:41
This may have already been answered but I really need to know. According to fluff I believe he dissapeared or is hiding on mars. Then I hear that one of the Heresy books has someone tossing his head to Horus I think. WTF!!! :wtf:???

I mean, is this confirmed? Is this just someones ideas/opinions?

Who was it that killed him? And honestly do you think 1 on 1 this person could have taken him?

I dont know if you can tell but Im a little upset! :mad:

Lorgar
22-03-2009, 21:43
Fulgrim chopped his head off in the HH book Fulgrim.

First time they fought he wounded Ferrus Manus pretty badly, knocked him out with a hammer. Second time, Ferrus Manus defeated him, but the demon that was possessing Fulgrim took control and killed him before he delivered the deathblow.

Jerrus
22-03-2009, 21:43
Fulgrim killed him in the bokk title "Fulgrim" (who could have guessed ;) )

chrismp_123
22-03-2009, 21:47
Whats your thoughts on Fulgrim? If Ferrus and Fulgrim squared off who would win?

Oh and as asked before since these books are released and all... is everything in them considered fact... well fact in our little fantasy world of the future lol.

captain malachi
22-03-2009, 21:48
Question- Is Ferrus Manus dead?

Answer- Yes.

Sorry, sucks but it's the truth.

Edit- Asking if Fulgrim or Manus would win if they squared off is a little odd since we just told you it happened and Fulgrim won.....

Vassakov
22-03-2009, 21:51
Ferrus Manus and Vulkan are the two Primarchs whose fates are disputed (well, and Alpharius, but thats a different issue entirely)

In the original background, Manus and Vulkan were both killed on Istvaan V, presumably (a) to emphasise the damage done there and (b) because Primarchs were alltogether less awesome back then. However, some theories (mostly Necron ones) claimed that Ferrus survived Istvaan, and was recovered by the Mechanicum and placed on Mars. This ties with the whole "The Void Dragon is the Machine God" and "Ferrus Manus has a C'Tan for hands" theory.

Vulkan died originally, was then recorded as having opposed the Codex Astartes and hasn't been seen or heard of since. So your guess is as good as mine there.

chrismp_123
22-03-2009, 21:52
Question- Is Ferrus Manus dead?

Answer- Yes.

Sorry, sucks but it's the truth.

Edit- Asking if Fulgrim or Manus would win if they squared off is a little odd since we just told you it happened and Fulgrim one..

:eek: that sucks... :cries:

sad thing is that I have known about this for a while but have been living in denial and just now thought about getting info on it.

CaptainSenioris
22-03-2009, 21:55
First time they fought he wounded Ferrus Manus pretty badly, knocked him out with a hammer. Second time, Ferrus Manus defeated him, but the demon that was possessing Fulgrim took control and killed him before he delivered the deathblow.

This statement pretty much answers your question about whether Fulgrim could take on Ferrus.

Ferrus hesitated, he then suffered the consequences. Would've been a pretty lousy brother if he didn't though. Fulgrim also suffered the consequences in an altogether more painful way.

My advice would be: Read Fulgrim, Ferrus Manus does feature in it a fair bit so you'll be able to learn more about him.

Brother Enok
22-03-2009, 21:57
My understanding is that Ferrus gets killed, and Vulkan is seriously wounded. I recall the book mentioning him and a group of firedrake getting caught in a massive exsplosion.

But Ferrus? yeah, hes dead.

Meriwether
22-03-2009, 22:38
Yes, he's dead, and thank God. Dumbest. Name. Ever!

(Well, no. Krueallagh the Vile might be the dumbest name ever. Or that new skink character.)

Dumbest. Space Marine. Name. Ever!

Meri

Col. Tartleton
22-03-2009, 22:54
No.

If you can plunge your arms into molten lava and come out stronger for it, your plot armor is great enough to survive decapitation.

Example A: Anakin Skywalker- Loses all his limbs to light sabers, then gets left for dead in a caldera. Guess what, he's not dead. No, he becomes a force manipulating cyborg samurai.

Ferrus Manus gets his head chopped off by a demon sword. Big Deal. He gets his head given as a trophy to his brother by his other brother. So what. Come on he got Avatar treatment. Ferrus Manus, though no Fulgrim was still a mighty primarch, and thus deserved a better death than an execution. I mean it would be one thing if it was making a profound statement, like Manus winning the fight after an epic clash then not only sparing his brother but then getting on his knees and telling Fulgrim that Fulgrim may as well kill him because He, would never kill his brother, as a incredible brave test or Tyr proportions. Then Fulgrim falters and then goes all manic as the demon takes over and hes streaming tears and yawps as the sword falls and he watches his brothers head land on his foot.

And that would explain why the Iron Hands are so anti weakness. The primarch had nerves of steel (or iron) and they are trying as hard as they can to live up to his level of ballsy-ness.

Brother Enok
22-03-2009, 23:15
he hesitated in battle, and he died. The fate of many soldiers both real and fictitios I imagine.

Col. Tartleton
22-03-2009, 23:30
he hesitated in battle, and he died. The fate of many soldiers both real and fictitios I imagine.

But that's realistic. Warhammer is symbolic.

FlashGordon
23-03-2009, 00:00
Well someone cutting of a head seems to symbolise death... ;)

Lord Malorne
23-03-2009, 00:15
But that's realistic. Warhammer is symbolic.

Well in that case its symbolic of what happens when you hesitate ;).

Wazzahamma
23-03-2009, 03:32
Gawd. Imagine if every primarch got the 'grand-epic-wow' death he "deserved"...how contrived would that be?

Ferrus probably believed he would go out in a similar fashion to the one most Primarch fans imagine they prefer...but there lies the tragedy and the sickly reality of 40k. He went out, at the knees of his dearest brother, paying for that moment of weakness he'd spent his entire life trying to protect himself against.

Great men rarely get the fates they deserve; Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.

It makes Fulgrim's betrayal that much more horrifying. The brothers probably imagined dying together one day in the distant future, back to back against impossible odds. For the Emperor.

In the end, Fulgrim's eyes were opened to the disgusting consequences of his actions on the things he loved most: he'd perverted the most perfect legion of the adeptus astartes and humiliated his closest brother.

It was badly written. But I like the idea.

ToXiK
23-03-2009, 09:56
yep ,hes dead having your head cut off generally means this even to a primarch i think when fulgrim presents his head to horus it says about his lifeless eyes looking up

EldarWonderland
23-03-2009, 10:02
He's a character in a made up story associated with plastic/metal figures in a pretend gaming universe.

I don't think it really matters. :)

Pacific
23-03-2009, 10:17
I don't think it could have been confirmed in any other way. Generally speaking, there is an element of finality to a decapatation. The only way it could have been refined would be with his head being reduced to its component atoms, then scattered around the galaxy, each atom coming to rest in the centre of a star.

But then again, there is still argument that a certain character who was stabbed through the chest, buried under tons of rubble and then firestormed might still be alive - so Ferrus' return would only be marginally less believable than that ;)

Quetch
23-03-2009, 10:51
he's a character in a made up story associated with plastic/metal figures in a pretend gaming universe.

. heresy!!!

Messiah
23-03-2009, 10:55
Whats your thoughts on Fulgrim? If Ferrus and Fulgrim squared off who would win?

Fulgrim was possessed by a pretty powerful daemon at the time, otherwise, who knows..

fantomex
23-03-2009, 18:25
According to Fulgrim (The book), yes, he is dead. Bear in mind, however, that GW have said the HH books are non-canon..

Being a huge Iron Hands fan, I would espouse that maybe he did survive, because being decapitated by a daemon-possed emo is NOT COOL.
Especially not if you are a hulking short-tempered badass with living metal hands.

Plus, like the whole starchild etc theories, the dead primarchs, as hugely influential (formerly) living warp-sinks, could be reforming in the warp.

"After death" Manus apparently appeared to the chapter, told them to keep being more angry, and said he'd be back again reborn some day. Though how he'll get those hands again is beyond me..

Pacific
23-03-2009, 18:33
GW said that BB books in general are not canon. However, on the subject of the Horus Heresy books specifically (so it only applies to this series), Alan Merrett has spoken on record that these books are the official version of events, as much as this is possible (there is afterall a fair amount of revionist history at work with the series).

If you're going to ignore Ferrus getting his head cut off, then it would be equally valid to say that the Emporer's Children were defeated at Istvaan, or that Angron had a fetish for naked feet - i.e. completely made up! ;)

Industrial Propaganda
23-03-2009, 20:15
According to Fulgrim (The book), yes, he is dead. Bear in mind, however, that GW have said the HH books are non-canon..

Being a huge Iron Hands fan, I would espouse that maybe he did survive, because being decapitated by a daemon-possed emo is NOT COOL.
Especially not if you are a hulking short-tempered badass with living metal hands.

Ferrus manus is deader than dead, killed by his favourite brother. He is so dead than he will never come back. Come on.... his head was cut off. nobody can survive that.

Oh and Horus Heresy serie is cannon as stated by Alan Merret, God of WH40K's fluff.

Meriwether
23-03-2009, 20:17
I would just like to state for the record that "Industrial Propoganda" is my favorite internet pseudonym ever.

Meri

Wazzahamma
24-03-2009, 02:31
For the record:

Fulgrim whipped Ferrus fair and square. The daemon did not enhance his powers and hadn't possessed him by that stage, merely influenced him.

GW has NOT said BL books aren't canon. There was a statement that if one has to adhere between two conflicting sources amongst the canon, then the sourcebooks are first and foremost GW's priority. BUt since there's no conflicting evidence from the GW books, any beliefs that Ferrus still has his head and is hiding on Mars is wishful thinking for fans.

Imperialis_Dominatus
24-03-2009, 02:38
He's a character in a made up story associated with plastic/metal figures in a pretend gaming universe.

You are here (http://warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6).

Plus, like the whole starchild etc theories, the dead primarchs, as hugely influential (formerly) living warp-sinks, could be reforming in the warp.

"After death" Manus apparently appeared to the chapter, told them to keep being more angry, and said he'd be back again reborn some day. Though how he'll get those hands again is beyond me..

There's potential for him to be reincarnated.

And do we know what happened to his body? Did the Iron Hands recover the remains before Istvaan was firestormed (or the hands afterward)?

Meriwether
24-03-2009, 03:04
You are here (http://warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6).

Just about every post you make has something in it that makes me laugh. Cheers.

Meri

Imperialis_Dominatus
24-03-2009, 03:28
Just about every post you make has something in it that makes me laugh. Cheers.

Meri

Thanks! Making people laugh is my MO. If I went through a day without making someone laugh, I would probably go :cries: and /wrists.

But it hasn't happened yet, so... :D

Gwar!
24-03-2009, 03:52
1st Point: Nothing is actually set in stone. Everything ever written at any time by GW is biased and skewed by the view of the faction its being written by. There is no such thing as an omnipotent view of events in the 40k Universe. For all we know, the heresy never even happened and its all a big lie!

2nd point: Ferrus, even in the most early versions of the tales, is unequivocally, without a doubt, dead. He had his head hacked off his shoulders and given to Horus as an hors d'oeuvres for Emperors sake!

abasio
24-03-2009, 07:20
2nd point: Ferrus, even in the most early versions of the tales, is unequivocally, without a doubt, dead. He had his head hacked off his shoulders and given to Horus as an hors d'oeuvres for Emperors sake!

'tis just a flesh wound!

Cythus
24-03-2009, 19:55
in the book fulgrim
not only is he decapitated but he explodes (i think) to show the awesome powers contained in a primarchs

Roachcoach
24-03-2009, 20:29
Ferrus Manus and Vulkan are the two Primarchs whose fates are disputed (well, and Alpharius, but thats a different issue entirely).

Wait...when did they decide what happened to Russ? Last I heard he was on the last shuttle into the eye of terror, swilling ale and making disparaging comments about the lineage of the chaos followers.

I think we all assumed he kicked the bucket, but did they ever decide//write it down?

Industrial Propaganda
24-03-2009, 21:24
in the book fulgrim
not only is he decapitated but he explodes (i think) to show the awesome powers contained in a primarchs

:wtf:

The purple fire who turn around Fulgrim is the power/energy of the Warp and Ferrus don't explode. His soul is eaten by the daemon sword or daemons (slurp). I remember the warp things try to eat Fulgrim too and the Daemon in the sword protect him. Can't remember exactly... I should read the book again.

blurrymadness
24-03-2009, 21:38
Excerpt from "Repercussions of Evil"

[He] was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"

Pacific
24-03-2009, 21:58
in the book fulgrim

:D Haha, sorry I'm just visualising Ferrus exploding in slow motion like some crappy effects from an early episode of Red Dwarf.

The funny thing is, even if that happened we would still be having the same discussion. Ferrus could have been decapitated, exploded, then the Chaos Gods could have targeted each remaining molecule of his being and banished each one to a different corner of the galaxy and sent them back in time, and there would still be talk that somehow he is still alive.

Its like I was having a discussion with someone on B&C a while ago, concerning Fulgrim killing Gulliman after the heresy. But, for some people, being stabbed in the neck by a poisoned blade and dying can be considered a victory. I guess it all depends on your take on events :eyebrows:

[He] was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"

:D :D

Messiah
24-03-2009, 22:32
:wtf:

The purple fire who turn around Fulgrim is the power/energy of the Warp and Ferrus don't explode. His soul is eaten by the daemon sword or daemons (slurp). I remember the warp things try to eat Fulgrim too and the Daemon in the sword protect him. Can't remember exactly... I should read the book again.

I dont think the sword eats him, but the stuff coming out of him is his warp-enhanced soul, that the emperor bargained for with the powers of chaos when he made the primarches.

Industrial Propaganda
24-03-2009, 23:25
I dont think the sword eats him, but the stuff coming out of him is his warp-enhanced soul, that the emperor bargained for with the powers of chaos when he made the primarches.

Thank you for your lights Sir. :)

mattcollins1986
19-04-2009, 18:13
'tis just a flesh wound!

Could you imagine if he got up and said that! ROFL

But yes, I would imagine that Ferrus Manus is dead as dead can be.

In respect of Fulgrim, he also hesistated over the final blow, having Ferrus beat, but the sword held some sway and did the deed for him. In his grief he was tricked by the daemon into becoming a host, which sucks to be him really. Also, I liked it how Horus knew it wasnt Fulgrim when Ferrus' head was presented. Good touch.

ryng_sting
19-04-2009, 20:28
A possessed Fulgrim killed Ferrus in single combat, and tossed his decapitated head at Horus's feet.

FranticDaemon
19-04-2009, 20:56
Wasn't Ferrus Manus already experimenting with bionics then? He could have an emergency bionic brains in his ****, I know I would have in his place

Rockerfella
19-04-2009, 22:04
See, I really liked Ferrus Manus. Thought he was a brilliant character, but he succumbed to 'Fulgrimitus, which was a crying shame.

I was gutted he got bowled out, but i've come to terms with it. I'd much rather he hadn't died, of course, because he was an interesting Primarch with plenty to tell, I think. I'd love to know more about the thing he killed to get his silver hand, for example.

I rex he's pretty dead though. Ah well.

PondaNagura
19-04-2009, 22:16
Dead. his head was severed, mutilated and presented to Horus [who had some disgust at the Fulgrim-thing].
his body's whereabouts are unknown, whether it was recovered, paraded about by the traitors, or ignominiously burned with the rest of the fallen astartes.

i wish iron hand [players] would just accept this fate, instead of holding hope in their hearts he's still alive. hope only leads to disappointment and thus is a weakness. The Primarch's death was like an epiphany to surviving Iron Hands that in order to root out heresy, you must purge not only the weakness from others but from oneself.

at some point this philosophy was twisted in replacing the flesh with bionics, much like the Admech [hence their relations perhaps?], but also ironically it resembles the pursuit of perfection that lead to the Emperor's Childrens' downfall.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
19-04-2009, 23:12
Thanks! Making people laugh is my MO. If I went through a day without making someone laugh, I would probably go :cries: and /wrists.

But it hasn't happened yet, so... :D

And this would probably be why we (well, some of us...) <3 you so. If it weren't for ID and Kikkioman, I'd probably avoid Background altogether...threads get so pedantic and boring and stuff...

Like this one.

Er, yeah. I'll be getting my coat. Nothing to contribute. Moving along.

Hellebore
20-04-2009, 02:11
Many of the Primarchs died. Are we to now assume that Sanguinius isn't actually dead because blood angel players just can't bear to have their primarch deaded?

I don't have much sympathy for Ferrus because almost his entire character was stolen from Vulkan. :mad: Rather than invent a character for him they just lifted most of Vulkan's and then left Vulkan as a 2D shell with nothing interesting about him.

However, Fulgrim seems to be the GW favourite, he's more successful than any other Primarch. Killed Ferrus, killed Guilliman, killed an Avatar. He's racked up more kills than Schwarzenegger in Commando (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFobcooIvM). :D

At some point you have to let go and accept that the soopaprimarchs are dead or gone. God the game would SUCK if they still existed. As legendary figures of myth they are fine, but the 40k universe would be so boring if the 20 primarchs still bestrode it.

Hellebore

Meriwether
20-04-2009, 03:34
I don't have much sympathy for Ferrus because

*I* have no sympathy for Ferrus Manus because he actually had iron hands, and his mommy and daddy named him "Iron Hands" in Latin... er... Old Gothic.

I mean, c'mon. That's like naming me 'the pudgy kid with the goofy-shaped head'.

Meri

thearchiver
20-04-2009, 05:47
But was it the real Ferrus?

We have a demonic possessed primarch that’s needed the act of Fulgrim seemingly killing Ferrus to finally take full control of him.

Fulgrim has the soon to be best space marine cloner playing away in his flag ship, and as Fulgrim and Ferrus came to blows before there final battle on Istvan could easily had a blood sample from their previous battle. Just maybe enough to make a clone of Ferrus good enough to fool Fulgrim under the influence of the daemon playing around in his head.

So maybe the deamon had a plan B just incase Ferrus didnt turn up/fled/ or won the fight so the deamon could restage the fight with fake Ferrus or just confince Fulgrim of what he did (or didnt do) with the head of Ferrus. Lets face it you wake up in the morning covered in blood with a served head and voice inside of yours telling you "look what you did" how much more convincing would you need.

This could be why Horus thought nothing of the trophy as he had enough brains to work out it’s not the real head of Ferrus.

Just something I dreamed up as every other loyal primarch has the means of coming back/ turning up/ returning from the dead, cant see why Ferrus shouldn’t be left out of the party.

Vote Kantor
20-04-2009, 11:22
Look, Ferrus, as much as it SUCKS, is dead, and everyone else is /basically/ in life limbo, at least ferrus's story makes more sense than guillimans, "Oh, look me here, i has no time, but heal come slowly, i plot armor incarnate" you know what is REALLY funny about that, if time WAS moving, he would DIE, so technically, even if he is moving when time is not, HE SHOULD JUST BE DYING SLOWLY, NOT HEALLING

sorry for my rant, i had to get that out

Poseidal
20-04-2009, 12:02
*I* have no sympathy for Ferrus Manus because he actually had iron hands, and his mommy and daddy named him "Iron Hands" in Latin... er... Old Gothic.

I mean, c'mon. That's like naming me 'the pudgy kid with the goofy-shaped head'.

Meri

"I am Ferrus Manus because I have Iron Hands. I lead my Space Marines who are called the Iron Hands because I have Iron Hands."

Anyway, in the original Ultramarines fluff Guilliman was also dead. I reckon the 'regeneration' thing is only a rumour to raise morale; he's already bones.

Lowmans
20-04-2009, 12:22
Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The owner does not respond.)
C: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
C: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
O: We're closin' for lunch.
C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Primarch what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
O: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
O: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.
C: Look, matey, I know a dead Primarch when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
O: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!
C: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.
O: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
C: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up!
(shouting at the cage)
'Ello, Mister Polly Primarch! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you show...(owner hits the cage)
O: There, he moved!
C: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!
O: I never!!
C: Yes, you did!
O: I never, never did anything...
C: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!!
Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!
(Takes Primarch out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)
C: Now that's what I call a dead Primarch.
O: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!
C: STUNNED?!?
O: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.
C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That Primarch is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.
O: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.
C: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?
O: The Norwegian Blue prefers kippin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!
C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that Primarch when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.
(pause)
O: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
C: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!
O: No no! 'E's pining!
C: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Primarch is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!
'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!
THIS IS AN EX-PRIMARCH!!

:skull:

Zahr Dalsk
20-04-2009, 12:26
"I am Ferrus Manus because I have Iron Hands. I lead my Space Marines who are called the Iron Hands because I have Iron Hands."

Kind of like the Death Korps of War from the planet War :P

Or the primarch Alpharius who leads the Alpha Legion. And his flagship is the Alpha.

Brotheroracle
20-04-2009, 15:20
Hey the primarch of the Alpha Legion is alpha and omega. One soul two bodies he is the first and last! Get it? Alpha was the first letter of the Ionic Greek alphabet and omega was the last. They were the last legion to be founded but the got the name of the first letter of the Greek alphabet

I mean the idea kinda beats you over the head for a minute. But the fluff is full of stuff like that

Corax is the Greek word for crow (Raven Guard)

Vulkan came from a volcano world, his name is of the Roman fire god leading a legion named after an animal that had a long mythological link to fire

Sanguinus (spelling) A guy with wings named after blood leading a legion called the Blood Angels

So Yeah lots of fluff is guilty of this.

Warsurge
19-05-2009, 21:39
The only deaths that have been absolutely 100% confirmed are Sanguinius and Horus. Look he is not dead till I see his body. I know that it says it in Fulgrim but since when was it alright for one person to decide that a character should be killed off. I mean shouldnt people working within the company say all togeather yea or nay?

Yes I know it is a GW licenced product but it is not official since the book are non cannon.

Maidel
19-05-2009, 21:45
The only deaths that have been absolutely 100% confirmed are Sanguinius and Horus. Look he is not dead till I see his body. I know that it says it in Fulgrim but since when was it alright for one person to decide that a character should be killed off. I mean shouldnt people working within the company say all togeather yea or nay?

Erm - its in a GW licenced product - his head was chopped off by another primarch.

Hes DEAD DEAD DEAD. More dead than sanginus infact - at least hes inside his chapters heads.

Rockerfella
19-05-2009, 21:50
Yeah. The whole head rolling off/ decapitation thing gave it away for me.

I didn't like it, because Ferrus Ruled.

Ah dear. And getting killed by that big girls blouse too? Not good....

I've come to terms with it now though. So... i'm ok with it. *twitch*

Maidel
19-05-2009, 21:51
Ah dear. And getting killed by that big girls blouse too? Not good....

HAHA

Being called a big girls blouse by an eldar player.... really says something. :D

Warsurge
19-05-2009, 21:51
Yeah true. My bad, I diddnt know if it was licenced or not.

Maidel
19-05-2009, 21:53
Yeah true. My bad, I diddnt know if it was licenced or not.

No worries. Gw said one way or the other that black library books are as 'cannon as anything else'

read into that what you want. :D

Warsurge
19-05-2009, 21:55
Cool. I will read into it. Is the first HH book Horus Rising?

Maidel
19-05-2009, 21:56
Cool. I will read into it. Is the first HH book Horus Rising?

Its in fulgrim about the 5th book I think

Rockerfella
19-05-2009, 22:03
HAHA

Being called a big girls blouse by an eldar player.... really says something. :D

Well exactly. I very much got the impression though that When Eldrad and fulgrim met, Eldrad was considerably out 'big girls bloused'. Don't you think? LOL

Lupercal16
19-05-2009, 22:07
I remember somewhere on Lexicanum there's a Adeptus Mechanicus branches, one trying to create the perfect flesh body for the Omnissiah/Emperor while another creating the perfect machine body.

Couldn't the same apply to the the primarch Ferrus Manus's spirit (If it does exist at all) return to the Materium entering a new machine/flesh body or his heavily modified cyber corpse to lead the Iron Hands once again?

Maidel
19-05-2009, 22:10
Well exactly. I very much got the impression though that When Eldrad and fulgrim met, Eldrad was considerably out 'big girls bloused'. Don't you think? LOL

Yea...

There isnt really much you can do to argue about that - wasnt he described as wearing as much make up as a cheap hooker in that scene.

I remember somewhere on Lexicanum there's a Adeptus Mechanicus branches, one trying to create the perfect flesh body for the Omnissiah/Emperor while another creating the perfect machine body.

Couldn't the same apply to the the primarch Ferrus Manus's spirit (If it does exist at all) return to the Materium entering a new machine/flesh body or his heavily modified cyber corpse to lead the Iron Hands once again?

The emperor is still anchored to the universe by his 'corpse' so hes not QUITE dead yet. For ferrus you would simply have a zombie as he's moved beyond that point.

Rockerfella
19-05-2009, 22:12
Yea...

There isnt really much you can do to argue about that - wasnt he described as wearing as much make up as a cheap hooker in that scene.

Yeah, because i'm pretty sure Eldrad was a little taken back by Fulgrims mascara and make up. Now, i'm sure Eldrads robes are the finest silk and satin in the galaxy, but still... he didn't wear Mascara.

mfv
19-05-2009, 22:16
[quote=Industrial Propaganda;3401530]Ferrus manus is deader than dead, killed by his favourite brother. He is so dead than he will never come back. Come on.... his head was cut off. nobody can survive that.

What:confused: Deadpool did in that crap fest X men prequal, sooo a badass metal armed primarch should be just fine;)

mattcollins1986
19-05-2009, 23:45
Yes, yes a thousand times yes.

His head was presented to Horus by Fulgrim

Or even technically the daemon did it, seen as though Fulgrim was possessed by then

stormblade
20-05-2009, 05:53
He should have made himself an iron neck or something- at least he should know that flesh is weak.

Hialmar
20-05-2009, 07:27
He is only as dead as GW needs him to be. If there was some sudden epiphany at GW that brigning him back would increase sales somehow, then I imagine it will turn out that what Fulgrim killed was a simulacrum of some sort, a clone, robot or who knows what. Maybe the one killed was actaully Alpharius or his ridiculous plot point of a twin from one of the other bad books in this series. So if it helps you sleep at night you could always cling to that thought.

Memnos
20-05-2009, 07:53
He is only as dead as GW needs him to be. If there was some sudden epiphany at GW that brigning him back would increase sales somehow, then I imagine it will turn out that what Fulgrim killed was a simulacrum of some sort, a clone, robot or who knows what. Maybe the one killed was actaully Alpharius or his ridiculous plot point of a twin from one of the other bad books in this series. So if it helps you sleep at night you could always cling to that thought.

Well... As much as I hate retconning, I suspect that Ferrus Manus was dead from the moment he killed 'The Dragon'. His mind just hadn't woken up to that fact.

Now, I'm not saying that 'The Dragon' was the C'tan called The Dragon, but he was a creature of living metal who was headbutted to death. C'tan come back and parts of the C'tan were on Ferrus Manus. What I'm saying is that... Uh...

All I'm saying is that if Ferrus Manus comes back, my Inquisitor is going to kill him until he dies from it.

Fixer
20-05-2009, 08:29
How are they going to bring him back?

It turns out that Ferrus Mannus was Alpharius.

Mr_Rose
20-05-2009, 10:54
Don't the Iron Hands chapter keep Ferrus' metal hands in one of their reliquaries?
I mean, it's one thing to say you can survive decapitation (dur, primarchs must be part Ork else how could dey be so ded killy?), but to also survive having your body recovered and broken down for spare parts? Now yer stretching things...

Lord-Caerolion
20-05-2009, 10:57
No, the Imperial Fists have Dorns hands as relics. The Iron Hands don't have any part of their Primarchs body.

Warsurge
20-05-2009, 13:51
I thought that they only recovered one hand (left)?

Narf
20-05-2009, 16:52
nope, the fists have the entirety of dorns skelington, everything but the fists is encased in amber, and the fists themselves are used by captains/chapter masters to practive doodling on

Peril
20-05-2009, 18:44
I hated the Fulgrim book so much. It was written like a 13 yr. old trying to write fanfic for his favorite superhero.

Meriwether
20-05-2009, 19:09
I hated the Fulgrim book so much. It was written like a 13 yr. old trying to write fanfic for his favorite superhero.

I really, really think you are giving it too much credit.

Meri

Maidel
20-05-2009, 19:35
Actually... I thought it was rather good.

Rockerfella
20-05-2009, 21:11
Funnily enough, so did I.

Maidel
20-05-2009, 21:18
Funnily enough, so did I.

I fear that potentially says more about us liking 'big girls blouses' than it does about that book....

But seriously - I liked it because it showed it more from the primarches point of view, whereas all the others were from a 'minions' point of view.

Rockerfella
20-05-2009, 21:42
Well, possibly. Two big girls blouses in one scene, Eldrad and Fulgrim, as I remember!

Yeah, I just liked the decadence of it all. I liked the strong remembrancers story and how they were welcomed aboard the EC flagship, given their own bar etc. I just liked the book.

Naturally, I was dissapointed with the whole ELdrad Avatar thing, but, you know.... these things happen.

Meriwether
20-05-2009, 23:19
You're all entitled to your own opinion. Just recognize that all opinions that are different than mine are inherently *wrong*, as decreed by Arch-Inqusitor Arrogantus at the Council of Merithiea, M38.647.82.

:D

Meri

Warsurge
21-05-2009, 00:35
Diddnt they retcon Dorn being killed? First they said that they found his body and his hands, then they said that they found two hands and nothing else, now they say that they only found one hand. I am confused which one is it?

Warsurge
24-05-2009, 22:22
Could it be that Ferrus Manus could eventually come back just in a different form? I have read somewhere that the reason behind the Iron Hands for replacing human limbs for mechanical ones is so that they will be stronger so they can serve under Ferrus Manus again when he comes back at the end of times.

Yes I know that Fulgrim officially killed him at Isstvan V, but again looking at the the fluff like "taking him back to Mars" kinda makes people wonder if they are trying to put him back togeather some way or another (Besides gluing his head back on and presto!).

As far as I have heard people would rather have Ferrus Manus dead than alive. What is wrong with you!?

Col. Tartleton
25-05-2009, 03:15
Magos: I give you my latest creation.
Ferrus Manus: You didn't make me, you just put my head back on.
Magos: (Ignoring Manus)I give you my greatest creation!
Inquisitor: Wow, your bioengineering is legendary O' Magos. I could swear I was looking upon the face of a Primarch of lore.
Manus: I AM A PRIMARCH OF LORE.
Inquisitor: So lifelike...
Manus: @#%$#%%#$@*&%$&! All of You!

Warsurge
25-05-2009, 19:48
Just finished talking to a bunch of employees at GW and they all said that the only confirmed dead Primarchs are Horus and Sanguinius. Yes I know it said in Fulgrim that his head was cut off but that is not in the real universe. The real universe (codex and IA) says that he could be alive yet the other alternate universe (BL books) says that he is dead. Even if he is dead in the alternate universe he still may be brought back through mechanical means.

DapperAnarchist
25-05-2009, 20:05
Unless those Employees were
1) Alan Merrick
2) Rick Priestly (is he still working there?)
3) Jervis
4) Maybe John Blanche
5) The Emperor Himself
6) God [may be the same as any of the above]

then talking to the staff is no good. Seriously. They sell stuff. Thats it.

Also, the inevitable return of Ferrus Manus and the others is... the Great Crusade series, filling out the adventures of people who weren't Horus or Fulgrim. I mean, it was 500 years or so of war. There's a lot of stories to be told there.

the1stpip
25-05-2009, 20:11
Hello, the Primarchs will never come back. All the hints regarding the likes of Leman Russ, Guilliman and Vulkan is to make an interesting story.

Its not gonna happen.

Todorius
20-11-2011, 14:56
Well there are the daemon prince primarchs I mean at least 6 possibly 8 GW might want to even the ground by bring some primarchs back I mean even the emperor can't defeat 6 maybe 8 of his sons when he is crippled. Oh and the fact that lion is alive. You know so yeah so HAH point to me even if you wanted to say no loyal primarchs are alive.

FashaTheDog
20-11-2011, 15:34
If anything, they should have killed more Primarchs. This is the grim dark future of war alone, not the happy go lucky candyland of May-Sues. The guy got his head lopped off, too bad for him and kudos to Fulgrim. Was it the most noble and epic death, no but if it makes you feel better Fulgrim wasn't too happy about it either. Of all the dead Primarchs only Sanguinius really got the hero treatment taking one for the team so that the Emperor might win. Well, Kruze had a pretty cool death as well since he did it just to prove himself vindicated in his course of action.

Gue'Vesa'Vre Kilo
20-11-2011, 15:37
Well there are the daemon prince primarchs I mean at least 6 possibly 8 GW might want to even the ground by bring some primarchs back I mean even the emperor can't defeat 6 maybe 8 of his sons when he is crippled. Oh and the fact that lion is alive. You know so yeah so HAH point to me even if you wanted to say no loyal primarchs are alive.

lol reviving a two year old thread on your first post... Good man.

With regards to your point, ever wondered why the deamon Primarchs are no longer interested in the material realm?

Dhurrin
20-11-2011, 23:15
Not to derail, but what is the point of this threadomancy?

Fluxeor
20-11-2011, 23:38
Is Ferrus dead? - Yes, decapitation usually has a somewhat life ending effect... usually.
Will he stay that way? - Who knows, In GW's universe(s) anything is possible.

Todorius
20-11-2011, 23:54
Thanks reviving dead posts seems to be a habit of mine I can't get rid of, anyway on the topic of the dead primarchs I have one pretty significant point to make on Russ. If his personal retinue (the 13th company) is all well and alive, and they are normal space marines why in the name of the Emperor would Russ be dead? I mean it would make logical sense to say that Russ is alive when his company is, and this than throws the other warp and webway lost primarch fates into question. I mean if normal space marines can survive why the hell not a few primarchs? As a btw as you answer can you tell me your favorite primarchs? Mine is Leman Russ (hence this post on him).

Meriwether
21-11-2011, 01:00
Thanks reviving dead posts seems to be a habit of mine I can't get rid of

If you keep it up, it might be taken care of by the Moderation team... Check out this http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_new_posting_guidelines with particular attention to #18!

Lord-Caerolion
21-11-2011, 02:11
Thanks reviving dead posts seems to be a habit of mine I can't get rid of, anyway on the topic of the dead primarchs I have one pretty significant point to make on Russ. If his personal retinue (the 13th company) is all well and alive, and they are normal space marines why in the name of the Emperor would Russ be dead? I mean it would make logical sense to say that Russ is alive when his company is, and this than throws the other warp and webway lost primarch fates into question. I mean if normal space marines can survive why the hell not a few primarchs? As a btw as you answer can you tell me your favorite primarchs? Mine is Leman Russ (hence this post on him).

So, not being entirely content with mere threadomancy, you're raising the thread from the dead only to derail it into "who's your favourite Primarch" and talking about Russ? The topic is about Ferrus Manus. Still, I don't think it'll be long until this thread gets locked, so whatever.

Mechdra
21-11-2011, 03:29
Ferrus is dead but he is dead physically. If you ask me, his essence might be stored in his hand just like how the Necrons been in the latest codex. He might be blessed by the C'tan just like how his traitor brothers got blessed by Chaos.

Reanimation protocal? Who know, he might return as a necron overlord lol.

By the way, what happen to his body?

Lord-Caerolion
21-11-2011, 03:37
Well, we know Horus got his head, or at the least it was given to him by Fulgrim. I have no idea what you're talking about with the "essence stored in his hand" thing though, nothing like that was mentioned in the Necron codex, and the C'Tan were shattered long, long ago.

Todorius
21-11-2011, 04:26
Yeah I know I know I'm sorry I do actually go off topic and derail often, I mean hey evry guys has got his habit and bad points this is mine. Now on to a slightly more relevent topic, I am pretty sure no one has mentioned it in this yet, but where did his head actually go to after the decapitation? Btw what is threadomancy?

shadowhawk2008
21-11-2011, 04:39
Threadomancy is reviving dead threads after several months, or in some cases even years, for no purpose than to add your opinion to a topic that died already. I mean, was this the only topic you could add your views on instead of the dozens of others on the forum front page?

Your first post you necroed a 2 year old thread and then derailed it! Threadomancy is against the forum rules as already pointed out. So is derailing. You might want to break your bad habits, at least on Warseer.

As for Ferrus' head, Daemon-Fulgrim presents it to Horus after the Massacre. We do not know what happened after.

Darnok
21-11-2011, 06:37
:rolleyes:

Thread closed.

Darnok [=I=]
The WarSeer Inquisition