PDA

View Full Version : Space Marines

ikystiky
23-03-2009, 00:06
Should I get a full squad of 10 tactical space marines or just a combat squad to go with the assault for black reach set?

thanks

susu.exp
23-03-2009, 00:19
Go for the 10 man squad if you want all the options. The combat Squad only contains marines with Bolters, the full squad contains lots of Gizmos (Including special wepons, kit for Seargents, an Auspex...).

kultz
23-03-2009, 01:16
Never buy the combat squad.

Buy the tactical, always.

Starchild
23-03-2009, 04:53
Never buy the combat squad.

Buy the tactical, always.

Agreed. The only justifiable reason for buying the combat squad is to complete a full 10-man Devastator squad.

Flinch
23-03-2009, 04:59
Agreed. The only justifiable reason for buying the combat squad is to complete a full 10-man Devastator squad.

I would take it one step further and say: the only justifiable reason for buying the combat squad is if it is a fire sale cheap prices... like store clear outs or 'going out of business' sale kind of prices...

Even then you'll still be wishing you bought the 10 man tactical squad...:rolleyes:

carldooley
23-03-2009, 05:05
actually, just today I bought a box of tacticals and would have been content getting 2 combat squads instead (and would have were they in stock). In fourth I will admit to having the min\max fever and I stocked up on an abundance of special and heavy weapons. What I have a shortage of with the new codex, is the boltgun armed marines, especially considering that I am building an Iron hands list at the same time as I had repurposed all the ones I had to be sternguard.