PDA

View Full Version : Becalming Cogitation...

imweasel
23-03-2009, 03:29
Does it affect tomb kings magic?

I would think not, but since I am new to fantasy I am not sure.

Are the dice being rolled considered 'power dice'?

Thanks for excusing my ignorance...

nosferatu1001
23-03-2009, 06:19
TK do not cast spells, they unlkeash bound spells at variable power level. As such BC does not affect them

You can do a search on this - there was a thread on this a couple weeks backl.

Spirit
23-03-2009, 14:15
Surely it would nullify the 6, but as tomb king magic always casts, it would cast on pwr lvl0, meaning you still have to use up a dice to dispell it.

Bac5665
23-03-2009, 14:44
I would think Spirit is correct, but without either book in front of me, its entirely possible someone will have a better answer

(See, I hedge my bets now when posting in the morning ;))

Lord Yawgmoth
23-03-2009, 14:53
Spirit, I believe someone pointed out in the last thread that this ability clearly states "Power Dice" as what it will negate 6s from.

As such, no effect on the T.K.

rottahn
23-03-2009, 15:12
this has been asked alot. a simple reading of how the tomb kings's magic phase works would provide the answer.

nosferatu1001
23-03-2009, 16:09
Surely it would nullify the 6, but as tomb king magic always casts, it would cast on pwr lvl0, meaning you still have to use up a dice to dispell it.

It would nto nullify it, as TK do not use power dice to cast spells. BC drops any power dice that roll a 6, therefore no effect for TK

Bac5665
23-03-2009, 16:18
What dice so they use?

I (still) don't have the book in front of me, but does it say what the die being rolled is? Sure, they don't cast spells, but they roll dice that determine the power level of the incantation.

Now, I would want to see the BRB and see how it defines power dice (if it does.) If TK dice could fit within that definition and the TK book doesn't call them something else, I would have to think that they are power dice. I grant this turns on the definition (or description if GW writes as vaguely as I expect) of power dice from the BRB. It shouldn't matter what the TK book says, as long as what ever the BRB calls power could fit with what the TK do.

stripsteak
23-03-2009, 16:33
the TK book specifically states their casters do not generate or use powerdice. the only power dice the army has are the two youg et for showing up, and these can not be used for casting their spells. they are only ussuable to the TK for dispelling remains in play things.

TK casts bound spells at a power level determined by rolling dice 2d6 or 3d6 depending on caster and "these are not Power dice, and can neither be negated by enemy items, nor stolen or anything similar"

Gazak Blacktoof
23-03-2009, 16:39
"Note that these are not Power dice, and can neither be negated by enemy items, nor stolen or anything similar." p.34 TK army book

Bac5665
23-03-2009, 16:40
Fair enough. That should do it.