PDA

View Full Version : 1750p Deamons for Tourny, need help

Unicorn
23-03-2009, 15:19
Hey all

I am going to a tournament in 1 months time and I am planning on taking my daemons there but I am not to sure on my list yet and was hoping for some help. I like Tzeentch so I am going for a almost mono Tzeentch list

Herald of Tzeentc with spell breaker, disc and master of sorcery

Herald of Tzeentc with spell breaker, disc and master of sorcery

The Blue Scribes of Tzeentch (the tournament allowes named chareckters)

10 Horrors

10 Horrors

10 Furies

10 Furies

6 Screamers of Tzeentch

6 Screamers of Tzeentch

6 Screamers of Tzeentch

6 Flamers of Tzeentch

This list still leaves me with 69 points to use that I am not to shure of. I am thinking of making one of the heralds a BSB and maybe add some more horrors or make some upgrades but I am to sure.

one of my concerns are the Blue Scribes. He looks good on paper and fit my list. Combined with my heralds that have master of sorcery that could result in a lot of spells, but are the worth it under 2000p? I could drop them and add another herald like the others, I would also have to lower the flamer unit from 6 to 5 but that should not be a problem. Any thoughts on that?

The tactic for my list is very straight forward, the screamers are going to do most of the work and the rest is up to magic and shooting. I donít have any units that are supposed to go in to close combat but the list is very good at moving around so I should be able to avoid most of it.

Against shooting armies I am going to hope that my furies can screen my screamers for 1 round before I am on them. Being skirmishers and with a ward save they should be able to do the trick. I am expecting a lot of dark elves at the tournament so the units of furies have to be 10 in my opinion.

Any other thoughts and comments would be much appreciated :)

ROCKY
23-03-2009, 16:38
1) blue scribes are AWESOME. and cheap.
2) your list is a bit shakey lots of T3 and few models with only a 5+ward save. u will be ravaged by even a half decent general.
i dont know if ur obsessed with being monogod, but if u want nice cheddar i would take the following:
Herald of Tzeentch: flamer ability, and MoS
Herald of Tzeentch: flamer ability, and Spell Breaker
17X horrors
17Xhorrors
Flesh hounds
Fles hounds
5-6 flamers
and if u have points left get either more hounds, or beef up horror units and put the heralds in em that loas of bodies and a 4+ward save from anything
lastly
u will have up to 8X d6 S4 SHOOTING which is just awesome, especially when u have tons of magic

Unicorn
23-03-2009, 16:47
interesting list, my ony problem is that I dont have more than 22 horrors and I am short on cash these days :( but I have flesh hounds.

I was thinking of adding a siren song herald to go with some fiends but not to shure how effective the unit will be if I keep the screamers. I realy want to test them and I think that they could work but as you say, they are only T3 models :( but should it not work to screen them with furies against shooting? or have I missed something?

ROCKY
23-03-2009, 17:01
u could my friend but for how long? and also furies are not cheap 12 points per model. so u could lose hundreds. also what cores do u have? if u only have 22 horrors? do u have bloodletters? if so take a unit of bloodletters (12) and have a unit of 19 horrors then follow the list as mentioned.

Unicorn
23-03-2009, 17:14
What I have in deamons is 60 bloodletters with command, 40 plaguebearers with command, 4 juggernaughs, 10 hounds, 10 plagueriders, 20 horrors, furies, 10 deamonets, 6 flamers, 18 screemers, and most of the heroes. I have some greater deamons but they cant be used anyway.

I just though 20 furies should buy me 2 rounds of protection and if I use my screemers right, that should be enough, but thats only in theory. So if I want some hitters in the army, what whould u suggest? I am not set on the screamers but I think they can be worth the points, especialy in this kind of army

ROCKY
23-03-2009, 23:14
What I have in deamons is 60 bloodletters with command, 40 plaguebearers with command, 4 juggernaughs, 10 hounds, 10 plagueriders, 20 horrors, furies, 10 deamonets, 6 flamers, 18 screemers, and most of the heroes. I have some greater deamons but they cant be used anyway.

I just though 20 furies should buy me 2 rounds of protection and if I use my screemers right, that should be enough, but thats only in theory. So if I want some hitters in the army, what whould u suggest? I am not set on the screamers but I think they can be worth the points, especialy in this kind of army

well then i think i can help :)
first off i always look at my core choices. you have a good oppertunity to make a solid list with what u have.
Try the following:
14bloodletters: FC led by a herald on a jugger: hatred :) run em 6 wide give him blazing sword and armor thats T4 0+armor save and S7 and a 5+wardsave.
19horrors +herald with flamer ability and spellbreaker
now that thats done we start with special choices:
5X flesh hounds
5X Screamers
5X flesh hounds
now that thats done moving on to rare options
6X flamers

perfect and u still have 259 to spare.

i would suggest getting another herald of tzeentch with power vortex and flight for 165 points
this leaves u with 94 points with these to make ur list much nastier. to do this get urself one more screamer (so 6)
and get 2 banners for ur units (the always march one for ur bloodletters so they cant be march blocked) and the one that does damage to anyone in base contact with horrors. thats 50
leaving u with 14 points which u must spend getting a standard bearer for your horrors. so thats it 1748 points of hard and nasty army.

u have speed, strength and great magic. u have 9 power dice and a bound spell u have also 7 D6 S4 flaming shots which WILL **** people off and u have a flying herald who can help the screamers. hope this helps and may u reap much blood my friend :)

Unicorn
24-03-2009, 07:54
That list really seams good :)

Thanks, I will test them both the following month and see witch one i like better to play.

Thanks again, you have been a big help :)

ROCKY
24-03-2009, 10:18
That list really seams good :)

Thanks, I will test them both the following month and see witch one i like better to play.

Thanks again, you have been a big help :)

Anytime :)