PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I buy a Bruiser?

AmBlam
23-03-2009, 19:08
I've checked 3 Indie sites and the official GW site. I thought maybe the Tyrant model doubled up or something but the description does not imply that nor for any of the other lords/heros. For Ogres.

Regards

Neknoh
23-03-2009, 19:14
Either convert one, or get a Tyrant Model and use him as one

Keller
23-03-2009, 19:20
Nearly any model can represent a Bruiser. Use the Tyrant model or simply make your own out of a Bull/Irongut with some extra knick-knacks and a special paint job.

Its better to think of models in terms of "characters" and "Troops" rather than specific ones, IMO. Characters are usually broken down into Mages, Fighters, Other for me. My Empire Captains and Generals all use the same models, depending on set up; Warrior Priests double as Arch Lectors, and Mages double as Wizard Lords, for example. For my OK army, Bruisers/Tyrants, Butchers/Slaughtermasters, Hunters.

So long as the enemy knows what type of character it is, there won't be a problem. We usually go through our armies, once deployed, and point out what characters are and what units are armed with what.

Mercules
23-03-2009, 19:34
The Maneater models make great Bruisers if you want something that doesn't look exactly like your Tyrant. The Tyrant model does double up. It has two weapon sets that it can be built with so you could have 2 of them one with the big two handed mace and one with the two weapons to make them different. I am still fond of my other models for Bruisers.

I have a Paymaster Maneater which would make a good Bruiser if you are already using the Tyrant model as a Tyrant. You can still get that model from many different sources.

It would be this model: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1182470_99060213017_OKPaymasterManeaterMain_873x6 27.jpg

huron
23-03-2009, 19:48
They did release a bruiser model but but that was ltd edtion a tyrant would be fine or a maneater so long as you tell your opponent what it is.

Mercules
23-03-2009, 19:54
They did release a bruiser model but but that was ltd edtion a tyrant would be fine or a maneater so long as you tell your opponent what it is.

It was a Limited Edition Bruiser/Tyrant. You can still find it, but some people seem to think it is worth a heck of a lot of money. I got mine with the original army box that I picked up off E-bay.

Him I tend to use a a Brace of Handguns Maneater although sometimes he is my Bruiser in lower point armies. It really depends on how I have my character equipped. I just try to grab the one that fits best and let my opponent know.

phoenixlaw
23-03-2009, 19:56
The Paymaster Maneater is my favorite model for a bruiser

AmBlam
23-03-2009, 19:57
Its my first bruiser to general my first 1000 points army. I could use a tyrant as I don't have one yet.

Whats a paymaster Maneater and where could I buy one from in the UK?

eagletsi1
23-03-2009, 20:09
I took a bull and gave him the sword of a Butcher, Then a huge standard as a BSB. Put some Gnoblars on him and gave him a Helmet from the Ironguts, Green stuffed some arm and leg army and changed his shield.

It's obvious he is different then the rest of my army, so he works great.

Try it it's not that hard to do.

Keller
23-03-2009, 20:16
Whats a paymaster Maneater and where could I buy one from in the UK?

The Paymaster Maneater is just one of the Maneater models. There are ~6 of them, each with a differant theme and different equipment. You can order from GW online store and hope to get the one you want, or browse a local retailer and get the appropriate one. I don't think you can Bitz order from GW anymore, which was a sure way to get the one you wanted (though usualy a few dollars more)

Imperial Maneater - wears a uniform from the Empire and has a 2 handed Statue's club
Pirate Maneater - Dressed as a pirate, has Brace of Pistols and an anchor/club
Pay Master - Has money box and wields an Iron Fist
Araby - Dressed in robes/turban and wields scimatar
Ninja - Dressed as a Ninja w/ katana (Mail Order only)
Female - A female ogre (w/ beard) wielding a rolling pin (Mail Order only)

Mercules
23-03-2009, 20:30
E-bay is a good source for the specific Maneater Model you might want if you decide to use one of them. If you are putting together 1k worth the Tyrant model works just fine as a Bruiser. It is only if you have multiples you want to be sure you have two good models unique to use so no one gets confused.

phoenixlaw
23-03-2009, 21:23
you actually can order the paymaster maneater on the gw website

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1182469_99060213017_OKPaymasterManeaterMain_445x3 19.jpg