PDA

View Full Version : [INQ] Fallout Mod

Daredhnu
24-03-2009, 01:04
i've recently been thinking about writing rules for Inquisitor based on Fallout lore.
it would basically be a complete overhaul of all items etc. but it would leave the core rules intact (otherwise it wouldn't be a mod :p)

but as always i'd like some input from the Inquisitor community of warseer before i go public with it.
so what are your thoughts on the matter, should i write these rules, should i leave it alone, am i a complete genius or perhaps just a raving madman.
(quite possibly it's a combination of both)

so open the floodgates and let me know what you think of the idea.

(i'll be posting the rules regardless of comments once i've written them i'm just curious about your thoughts on the matter)

P.S. it should be noted i'm not looking for rules advice or anything, i'll be opening a seperate thread for that on the rules development board, this thread is here solely to hear your opinions on the matter and when i get around to actually posting the rules you can tear me a new one here too if you dislike them.

Nasha
24-03-2009, 12:39
nice idea although im not too sure bout whether it would work
but prove me wrong
good luck
kerby

BigRob
24-03-2009, 16:29
It's no different from using the LoTR system to make a Dr Who skirmish game or using WFRP system for a Pirates of Dark Water campaign, both of which worked out quite well for me. The mechanics are usually quite easy to seperate from the fluff. The question is, is INQ the best thing to use? If you think it is, then write up the rules and see what people think.

As far as weapons, items etc goes then balance is always a problem, but to be honest, most of it already exists in the Fallout world (autoguns/sluggers/ stubbers/flamers/Missile Launchers/grenades etc etc), so it shouldn't be too hard to use the existing rules as a framework. The class system will be more difficult to adapt, but keeping things simple should work. Most fallout characters could be considered desperado's, mutants or other low power classes.

Good luck

Nasha
24-03-2009, 17:06
yes Rob is right bout the characters
dont have like an Inq Lord running round pretending to be a Adventurer but DO upgrade your mutants into the Big Muthas that always seem to appear when you have no ammo lol or is that just me?
kerby

Daredhnu
24-03-2009, 20:38
no it's not just you, i keep running into those b@st@rds when i'm low on ammo too.
though i might just have an ammo deficiency.

i've started work on the weapons, it's a slow process so far mostly just identifying the guns i want represented (at the very least) and seeing how they overlap with the existing rules etc, but progress is progress, and i do believe Inquisitor rules would be perfect to represent fallout, since basically you never have huge major battles in fallout.
also the level of detail in Inquisitor is exactly right for fallout in my eyes atleast.

Catferret
25-03-2009, 02:58
Off topic but:

It's no different from ... using WFRP system for a Pirates of Dark Water campaign

Awesome! :D

Back to the important stuff.

I love Fallout more than any other post-apocalyptic setting. I also love Inquisitor. So I can happily see why others would want to combine the two (heck, my first Inquisitor warband had Trader Vic, Sulik and Marcus the Supermutant in it ;) ).

Although Inquisitor can get a little "clunky" at times, it is far faster than the Fallout P 'n' P (It may still be available somewhere if you Google it, make sure it isn't the D20 open source version that somebody also made) that used the computer game mechanics. Far too many calculations required, it got really slow.

The key to making any game feel Fallouty will beyour terrain. Guys with guns are guys with guns regardless of setting. The rules you use won't change much. The Fallout feel will come across via the GM, storyline, scenarios and the terrain and models. The last one will possibly be the most important. No sense in picking up a bunch of models and saying "he represents a gecko trapper with hunting rifle". Make sure you make a model of said trapper. Same with all your characters.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck! :)

BigRob
25-03-2009, 09:05
Off topic but:

Although Inquisitor can get a little "clunky" at times, it is far faster than the Fallout P 'n' P (It may still be available somewhere if you Google it, make sure it isn't the D20 open source version that somebody also made) that used the computer game mechanics. Far too many calculations required, it got really slow.

That ruleset for Fallout P'n'P works better as a Necromunda style game with a large warband. If anything, Inq is the better ruleset to use for a 4-5 model warband game.

Check out Ross's Wasteland logs, he has done some Fallout style Necromunda stuff that might be inspirational.

Catferret
25-03-2009, 09:44
BigRob: I think you are thinking of the different Fallout PnP that was included with Fallout: Tactics. I was meaning the RPG. I struggled dealing with 2 people if combat started, let alone a large Necromunda gang sized group.

Exitas-Acta-Probat
11-05-2009, 00:02
hey bigrob, those wasteland logs sound interesting, give us a link maybe? cheers

Daredhnu
11-05-2009, 15:29
i'll be of service for that spend all weekend reading them and it was awesome.

wasteland scenery log (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93577)
wasteland miniature log (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83850)

seriously this guy is talented i really got the urge to start converting some wastelanders myself.

Daredhnu
09-06-2009, 12:31
a little update of sorts.

i've posted a little snippet concerning my ideas on weapons and armor.

you can find it here (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3658359#post3658359)

abhorsen950
09-07-2009, 16:42
I like it
it would suit the models very well IMO