PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinius...

Ex-guest
13-12-2005, 10:40
Here we go some test rules for Primarchs. I've chosen Sangy because he is dead, and he can't come after me if he thinks these rules are *****.
Any additions/corrections or ideas from you guys would be great.
(constructive crtisism preferable)

BTW any ideas for point costs?

Sanguinius:

Stats:
Sanguinius WS BS S T W I A Ld. Sv. Pts. TBC
9 5 6 6 4 6 6 10 3+*
Only a Blood Angel Army of 2,000 points or more may include Sanguinius.

Equipment: Blade Encarmine, Storm Bolter, Frag Grenades, Psychic Hood equivalent.

Special Rules:
Blade Encarmine: Sanguinius carried the fabled Blade Encarmine. It’s a Master Crafted Force Weapon. Note that his psychic powers do not affect the usage of the Blade and he can use this every turn in addition to any other psychic powers.

Fearless: Sanguinius was known to be pure of heart and purpose. He counts as being Fearless and will pass all Morale and Pinning Checks even if failure is normally automatic. Any unit he joins also receives this ability.

Angelic Wings: The wings of Sanguinius were his most notable feature apart from his good looks. He counts as being equipped with a Jump Pack and his control is such that instead of shooting in the Shooting phase he may move an extra D6” “Fleet of Wing” style.

Force Field: Sanguinius is surrounded by a potent force barrier due to his psychic talent. His 3+ save counts as being Invulnerable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psychic Powers: Sanguinius was a psyker just like his daddy. Each game Sanguinius has the chance to use one of his three powers. The power is chosen by the owning player and lasts for that entire game:

Premonition: Sanguinius was known to have pre visions on future events. In game terms he may have D3 re-rolls per turn to be used as the player sees fit. Note you may not re-roll re-rolls and the re-rolls may only be used by Sanguinius not any other model, unit or whatever. Roll the dice to determine the no. of re-rolls before the Movement phase each player turn.

Divine Inspiration: The Wings, the golden halo, the utter beauty of his face and gold curls (no I’m not gay) you would not be loathed for thinking him angelic or divine. During the game any friendly Imperial unit with a model with LOS to Sanguinius may re-roll failed moral checks and/or any unit that has fallen back with LOS to Sanguinius will automatically rally even if under Half Strength.

Iron Will: Sanguinius was a great warrior, during the siege of the Emperors Palace he fought for 55 days with out rest. This shows how tough he is. At the end of each turn Sanguinius (if he still has at least one wound left) may recover +D3 wounds up to a maximum of his 5 original wounds (this is rolled after his Iron Constitution (if any) roll, below). And any Instant deaths caused by special rules e.g. Force weapons, Drach’nyen, Wraithcannons on a 6 etc. count as causing one wound instead for that game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos Bane: His presence is unnerving to daemons of whom he is anathema to, any Daemon (and Daemonvessels) within 6” of Sanguinius suffers -1 modifier to its Leadership. Note this does not include Eldar Avatars as written in Codex: Daemonhunters.

Iron Constitution: Being a Primarch Sanguinius has the power of being quite resilient against most weaponry. When his last wound is removed roll a D6, if a 4+ is rolled he passes and he stands back up with one wound remaining.

Independent Character: Sanguinius always counts as an Independent Character and may join/leave units at the players will as normal.

Brizzle
13-12-2005, 18:13
I like it. He's absurdly powerful, just like a primarch should be. The only thing I might change is to give him a pistol weapon (inferno pistol?) to give him even more attacks, and I'd also give him a 2+ armour save to make him even tougher.

Let's see some more! (Lion!)

IncubiLord
13-12-2005, 19:21
Now where are my Character Creation Rules?
I was interested in allowing players to create their own hero/special character a while back, but I'm not sure where that is at the moment.
Look at the rules for creating Tyranid monstrous creatures, that gives an initial idea of how to price a character like this.
From what I remember of my Leman Russ write-up, a Primarch is between 400 and 500 points.

Helicon_One
13-12-2005, 21:03
Quite nice, I'm not sure about him counting as a psyker though (has he actually been described as such in the fluff?). I'd rebrand those psychic powers as special rules, and give him a power sword. Keep the 3+Inv though, and just put it down to damn good armour. Also, I'd drop the Storm Bolter and frag grenades.... they seem almost too crude for a Primarch to be carrying around. Give him Hit And Run (the description of his fight with Horus seems to fit this perfectly).

As for points value, the obvious comparision is Saint Celestine (stat and rulewise, he comes across as being her big scarier brother) so start from there and scale up.

Tim

Ex-guest
14-12-2005, 00:17
Love the insainly powerfulness... The special rules i think are better than 'all stats 10' powerful. I could dumb him down. Maybe 4+ save instead?

The stats are based on relativity to powerful units in the game, C'tan wraithlords etc. And in the fluff he took on a Bloodthirster and won so he might as well be a little better than one. I want him killable, but still powerfull enough to take on most of your opponents army without support.

As for the psychic powers they don't require psychic tests. You simply choose one at the start of the game to use and treat them as normal special rules.

BTW i have done Lion, Corax (i think) and i'm in the process of doing Roboute (sp?).

In addition i have also done rules for His Divine Majesty the God-Emperor, before he was enthroned on that glorified toilet seat...

@Helicon_One, he is a psycher. All primarchs were to a certain degree. According to the fluff he had precognitive sight. I've also simply included his immense will and his inspiring presence as 'Powers' just so he's not TOO powerful.

Captain Ardias
14-12-2005, 07:00
What about doing the traitor primarchs, only before the went to chaos.

Ex-guest
14-12-2005, 07:51
Might do a few of those as well, don't you fret now. ;)

Captain Ardias
14-12-2005, 07:58
As an ultramarine player im lokking forward to Roboute:)

Ex-guest
14-12-2005, 08:03
Should i give him the gauntlets or the Power sword and Shield? Or the benefit of both?

Captain Ardias
14-12-2005, 08:08
Well, the gauntlets were taken from a chaos champion by calgar, so power sword and sheild, or maybe power sword and powerfist,

Ex-guest
14-12-2005, 08:38
Sorry to correct you but according to fluff sources inc. the Codex, the gauntlets were captured from a fell champion of the chaos gods by Roboute in some something or other massacre. I am sure of this. Only the chapter masters of the Ultramarines can wear them.

Brizzle
14-12-2005, 20:47
When Rouboute kills Alpharius, the fluff says that they dueled with swords.

Captain Ardias
15-12-2005, 06:05
Thats right, IA says that they dueled with swords.

Ex-guest
16-12-2005, 00:23
In the codex under the gauntlets entry that they were won by Roboute though... fluff inconsistancy i think. Or he just didn't use them very often...

Nazguire
16-12-2005, 01:13
In the codex under the gauntlets entry that they were won by Roboute though... fluff inconsistancy i think. Or he just didn't use them very often...

I always assumed it was after the Heresy, or at least after he battled Alpharius. Also duelling with powerfists against a sword wouldn't exactly be a fair fight. Roboute would be outfought if he did that. So the Gauntlets of Macragge may well have been worn only on ceremonial occasions.