PDA

View Full Version : Tor Achare Host (2250)

Kirth
24-03-2009, 07:38
Led by Korhil, this force forms its fighting core around White Lions, backed by a citizen levy of archers and spears. Lion Chariots and Great Eagles are included, along with nobles riding pegasi. Shadow Warriors from the neighboring Shadowlands have been scouting for the force.

So, to the list!

Korhil
Noble, BSB, Armor of Caledor, GW
Noble, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Great Eagle (Modelled as Pegasus), Temakador's Gauntlets
Noble, Lance, Heavy Armor, Great Eagle (Modelled as Pegasus), Enchanted Shield, Guardian Phoenix

10 Archers
20 Spearmen, Standard <--Korhil + BSB, 7x3 formation with leftovers

18 White Lions, Standard, Lion Standard <-- 6x3 formation
18 White Lions, Standard, Standard of Balance <-- 6x3 formation
Lion Chariot
Lion Chariot
5 Shadow Warriors

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

The Spears form the center of the Battle Line, flanked on either side by White Lions. The Chariots run together on one side, while the Nobles on Pegasi are backed up by the Great Eagles, who will pick at whatever juicy targets present themselves and charge en masse. The Shadow Warriors assist the Chariots to march block and run a conservative interference. The archers and Bolt Throwers pound away at the soft targets that are vulnerable to missle fire.

How fun would this list be to play against/with given that there is no magic? There is a semblance of theme, given that Chrace and the Shadowlands border the annulii and each other.

24-03-2009, 11:58
Well, if this is for "friendly" games with a chum who's army has no magic, then it could be fun.

No magic at all, not even defense, with VC, DE, and Lizzie lists full of it? You're seriously handicapping yourself.

But give it a go and prove the conventional wisdom wrong. (Better get into combat quick)

The SkaerKrow
24-03-2009, 12:33
Against any list in which your opponent has combat casters (Vampires, Greater Daemons, Malekith, Chaos Sorcerers) your army will be in dire straits. Indeed, while you can theoretically use your Nobles to rushdown enemy casters in units, that's not going to be effective at all times. Unfortunately, you don't have the speed to close with an enemy quickly, and even lowly magic missiles will cut swathes from your vulnerable infantry blocks.

If you want to continue with a no magic list, I'd suggest getting some Dragon Princes (or Silver Helms if that better fits your theme), just so you have some units that can threaten an enemy early, and hopefully attract some of their fire away from your more vulnerable units.

WhiteKnight
24-03-2009, 15:34
I think you should seriously get a griffon in this list. I mean, you need to occupy the enemy while your guys rush up into combat. I say prince on griffon (maybe even eltharion) with armor of caledor, vambraces, amulet of light to terror bomb and rush while your other guys run up the field. Against dwarves or other low magic armies( Ie.ogres, bretts) this list could work.

happy_doctor
27-03-2009, 15:24
I think it is a nice force, rewarding to play with.

You'll have to press on from the early stages of the battle, get creative with mage-hunting and use of cover to dampen enemy magic before it can take out your support units.

I've been playing a similar force for quite a while, using a nullstone prince on griffon as means of magic defense. With careful planning, you can take on any foe.

My only suggestion is to get a magic weapon or two in the list to deal with ethereals. Alternatively, a champion with the light amulet will do the trick as well.