19 greatsword fc 220p

detachments
10x spearmen 50p
10x handgunners 80p

1 greatcannon 100p
1 greatcannon 100p

5 pistoliers musician 97p

total 1994p

trying to build a balanced fun list with a variety of models to paint with some tactical flexability with units to fill mosts required roles. only thing uncertain of was character builds as not to familiar with this army book.

c+c welcome

grailknight
24-03-2009, 15:05
help anyone?

lucky git
24-03-2009, 16:52
your list is illegal. you cant have 2 detachments of 10 models for your greatswords. in your armybook it says you need to round down.so you need 20 or more greatswords in order to have 2 10 size detachments.

the list itself. 1 mage, only 4 dispell dice and not that much spellcasting abilities, maybe take an lector, and a second mage. the blocks of models are good. maybe trow in some knights.

cheers

Matt1982
24-03-2009, 17:18
First thing that springs to my mind is the blocks... why halberdier parents and spears as detachments? Is this for fluff reasons? I just cant see what advantage this gives you. Your parent blocks who will be the receptacle of the charges will be T3 with only AS6+ while the detachments will be hitting the flanks but only able to use their second rank hitting advantage in subsequant turns and given losses in a grinding multiple turn fight it's dubious whether any will get to take advantage of that. Reverse them with spears as parent and halberds as detachments and that should work better I'd of thought, if your still adamant about not taking swordsmen at all that is!

Grovel
25-03-2009, 00:45
I'd say smaller units of swordsmen with halberdier detachments would be much better. I can't see the point in a lvl 2 in a list with only a single mage either, doubt he'll cast much of anything successfuly.

I'd also get a great weapon on the warrior priest instead of 2 hammers, and try to squeeze in 15 or so flaggies.

Matt1982
25-03-2009, 11:11
He's got one regiment of flaggies already, having a second I cant see adding a benefit, the army is already full of holding units but lacking in attack elements to my mind.

I'd agree with Lucky and Grovel's assessment about the single wizard though, if his sole purpose is to add dispelling ability then the additional magic level seems a bit superfluous. I also agree that swordsmen are the best of the state troops available with their WS4 and 4+AS in combat but if your determined not to use them then spears definately beat halberds hands down.

One other thing that I noticed is the big missile detachments, three units of ten. Now either your using them in two ranks which means that you have 15 missile models who wont get to fire, or your lining them up in single ranks of ten, a massive line which will take up a lot of space. I'd recommend cutting them down to 5 each and having a separate regiment of ten on it's own to place on a hill with the cannons so they can fire in two ranks.

grailknight
25-03-2009, 11:32
thanks for the comments guys thinking of dropping the scroll caddy, taking an extra priest with a greatweapon to go in the greatswords switching halbidiers and spearmen around and dropping the missle units down to 5 men each saving enough points for either

5 naked knights

or 5 pistoliers

or a unit of swordsmen

votes please

x

Matt1982
25-03-2009, 12:21
Hard choice, a small unit of knights would be a handy flanking unit while pistolliers can whip ahead of the lines and march block to slow the enemy down and buy your cannons more shots. Along that line, have you considered a small unit of scouting huntsmen to delay the enemy and lurk in a wood taking pot shots at enemy war machines/lone characters?

grailknight
25-03-2009, 15:33
possability especially with new models comin out